PDA

View Full Version : Nielsen ratings for last night

Salamando
10-31-2007, 11:47 AM
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=tuesday

In the late-night metered markets, NBC's "Leno" (4.1/10) was back in front followed by CBS' "Letterman" (2.8/7) and ABC's "Nightline" (3.7/9). Rounding out the night then were CBS' "Ferguson" (1.5/5), ABC's "Kimmel" (2.0/6) and "Conan" (1.8/6) and "Daly" (1.1/5) on NBC.

werdd
10-31-2007, 11:49 AM
so leno had the best or worse ratings, i dont understand how this works really

American
10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Thats funny, this is what I see...

In the late-night metered markets, NBC's "Leno" (4.4/12) was the top draw, followed by CBS' "Letterman" (3.1/8) and ABC's "Nightline" (3.1/8). Rounding out the night then were CBS' "Ferguson" (1.4/5), ABC's "Kimmel" (1.8/6) and "Conan" (2.1/8) and "Daly" (1.4/7) on NBC.

Salamando
10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure, but it looks like hes on par with himself.

Salamando
10-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Thats funny, this is what I see...

Those are the ratings from this date last year.

OceanMachine7
10-31-2007, 12:09 PM
OK, so that means that the show was seen by about 4.6 million people, and 10% of all televisions in use at the time were watching?

Salamando
10-31-2007, 12:15 PM
OK, so that means that the show was seen by about 4.6 million people, and 10% of all televisions in use at the time were watching?

4.1% of all households in the U.S. watched Leno last night, 10% of all households in the U.S. who were watching TV watched Leno last night. Something like 4.6 million is right.

margomaps
10-31-2007, 12:16 PM

You got it.

werdd
10-31-2007, 12:16 PM
thats pretty impressive eh?

cjhowe
10-31-2007, 12:30 PM

That's 4.6 million households. Household does not equal people.

Bradley in DC
10-31-2007, 12:34 PM
and how many watched the Ds debate? :D

cac1963
10-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Weren't we expecting a spike in donations? With viewership like that I figured we'd see something impressive by now, but we're just even with last Wednesday's donations (http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/) (starting at midnight EDT). If there was a spike where does it show up?

margomaps
10-31-2007, 12:37 PM
That's 4.6 million households. Household does not equal people.

Good point. I know for a fact that my cat was also watching The Tonight Show with me last night -- and I imagine this is true for many other people as well. ;)

Seriously though, you're right. I bet more than half the households watching that show last night had more than 1 person watching.

cjhowe
10-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Good point. I know for a fact that my cat was also watching The Tonight Show with me last night -- and I imagine this is true for many other people as well. ;)

Seriously though, you're right. I bet more than half the households watching that show last night had more than 1 person watching.

Looking at some other sites it appears that depending on the station there's a 1.3 to 1.5 multiplier of households to people.

Eli
10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
was it just me or was tom cruise INCREDIBLY BORING! I thought i was going to slip into a coma during his overextended interview. I hope he didn't cause too many people to turn the channel.

Hurricane Bruiser
10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
If people are just introduced to a candidate do not expect them to immediately donate to his campaign. It takes people time to find out more about a person, become excited, and then join the ranks of us supporters and financial backers. Leno was a good introduction and exposure but expecting a big spike in donations is a little bit misthought IMO.

Sematary
10-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Weren't we expecting a spike in donations? With viewership like that I figured we'd see something impressive by now, but we're just even with last Wednesday's donations (http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/) (starting at midnight EDT). If there was a spike where does it show up?

Leno is late and most people are at work. I would expect to see more activity on his site tonight but don't think that turns into automatic donations. People need time to check him out.

bolidew
10-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Any indication of spike on Google search?

Sematary
10-31-2007, 12:45 PM
was it just me or was tom cruise INCREDIBLY BORING! I thought i was going to slip into a coma during his overextended interview. I hope he didn't cause too many people to turn the channel.

It was just you.
Normally, I don't even bother watching youtube videos of him speaking or any of that any longer. I pretty much know what he's going to say regardless of what he's asked. I found this interview refreshing with a bit of humor stuck in and a better explanation of his stances.

Original_Intent
10-31-2007, 12:45 PM
If people are just introduced to a candidate do not expect them to immediately donate to his campaign. It takes people time to find out more about a person, become excited, and then join the ranks of us supporters and financial backers. Leno was a good introduction and exposure but expecting a big spike in donations is a little bit misthought IMO.

QFT.

This provided a good "Who IS this guy, I better check him out on the internet tomorrow." opportunity.

I am sure it will help us grow our ranks, but I don't expect anything dramatic. Marketing says it takes three impressions to get people to take action, and for many people this was the first impression, so that when they now see a R3VOLoution sign or get some literature they will be more likely to be receptive.

4.6 million households is a lot of first, second, and third impressions!

paulitics
10-31-2007, 12:49 PM

he's calmed down alot since this incident.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4jo6KkFfIc For Jays safety, that was a good thing

Eli
10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
It was just you.
Normally, I don't even bother watching youtube videos of him speaking or any of that any longer. I pretty much know what he's going to say regardless of what he's asked. I found this interview refreshing with a bit of humor stuck in and a better explanation of his stances.

i meant TOM CRUISE was boring.

Lord Xar
10-31-2007, 12:51 PM
In terms of the ratings, were they "higher" or "lower" than his usual ratings.