PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Ron Paul Sacrificing Congressional Seat, Tom Woods Responds

unclefreedom76@gmail.com
07-12-2011, 04:48 PM
http://rtr.org/videos/2/26775/breaking-ron-paul-sacrificing-c

This just in, Ron Paul, the 14 term Texas Congressman, has just announced he will not be seeking re-election to his congressional seat. We'll get Tom woods reaction in just a minute, and share with you some insider info regarding the Congressman Paul's inquiry into ballot access law, and what that means for his 2012 presidential bid. In a post on his Facebook page the congressman stated, "...I have decided not to seek re-election for my House seat in 2012 and will focus all of my energy winning the Presidency." Paul's hometown paper "I felt it was better that I concentrate on one election," -the Facts Longtime friend and adviser to Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell provided more insight into the Congressman's decision by stating, "he has had it... with: twice weekly groping by the TSA (since he has metal knees and is selected for the full feel-up every time); dealing with the crooks and creeps in Congress, especially in the rotten Texas delegation; and the deadly new district the Republicans have placed him in" What does this mean for the 2012 Presidential election? Well for starters if he doesn't receive the the Republican presidential nomination he will be free to seek the Libertarian nomination or even run as an independent and take the race all the way to the end. Unlike in 2008 when he simply closed his campaign. Joining us now to share his thoughts on the announcement is New York times best selling author of "Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century" Tom woods. Does this announcement mean Congressman Paul could seek the libertarian nomination or even run as an independent if he doesn't get the Republican nod? Let's go now to the archive footage where we spoke to Free And Equal's Christina Tobin in 2009 about Ron Paula's staffer's inquires into ballot access law and the possibility of him getting on the ballot in all 50 states if not selected as the nomination.

BuddyRey
07-12-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jb7SA-4Hds&feature=feedu

robertwerden
07-12-2011, 05:08 PM
He will not run as an independent or 3rd party.
The ballot access statements he made are not to suggest that now that he is not running for congress he would be able to get ballot access, it is that 3rd party is to hard to get ballot access and thats why he wont run 3rd party.

Billay
07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I hope he doesn't run as a Libertarian I refuse to support that party.

Johncjackson
07-12-2011, 05:27 PM
I hope he doesn't run as a Libertarian I refuse to support that party.

But you expect anyone that cares about freedom to support the Republican PARTY? LOL

Napoleon's Shadow
07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDhFNV7vsqo&feature=feedu

MJU1983
07-12-2011, 05:46 PM
The ballot access statements he made are not to suggest that now that he is not running for congress he would be able to get ballot access, it is that 3rd party is to hard to get ballot access and thats why he wont run 3rd party.

LP had good ballot access in '08, http://www.lp.org/ballot-access

speciallyblend
07-12-2011, 05:55 PM

you always have bob barr;) bottom line is if the gop est plays the same games as last time. Then never say never!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePIImGMjn_8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePIImGMjn_8

sailingaway
07-12-2011, 05:56 PM
He's not going to run 3d party.

And even if you think he might, you might consider keeping the notion to yourself during the primary because that is hardly a thought to endear him to GOP primary voters. Ron has addressed this issue many times, and I don't see it happening, particularly with Rand in the GOP.

eduardo89
07-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Nooooooooooo

Billay
07-12-2011, 05:58 PM
But you expect anyone that cares about freedom to support the Republican PARTY? LOL

Not even the Republican party was dumb enough to elect Bob Barr as their presidential candidate. Theres other parties out there besides the Losertarian party get over yourselves. You guys put your tail between your legs when Nixon was in charge and have ran away from solving problems ever sense.

mit26chell
07-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Not even the Republican party was dumb enough to elect Bob Barr as their presidential candidate. Theres other parties out there besides the Losertarian party get over yourselves. You guys put your tail between your legs when Nixon was in charge and have ran away from solving problems ever sense.

Why are you arguing over political parties on a Ron Paul message board?

ProIndividual
07-12-2011, 09:59 PM

LOL.

I don't care if he runs on the Communist Party ticket, I'm voting for him (I'm anti-communist, at least by coercion anyway).

Oh no! I must be a commie now! (sarcasm)

Billay
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Because the third party talk is a distraction that needs to be put to rest. The focus needs to be on Iowa.

Eric21ND
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Because the third party talk is a distraction that needs to be put to rest. The focus needs to be on Iowa.
+2012

turbobrain9
07-13-2011, 06:18 AM
I happen to believe that all this was in the works. I remember that Ron put his house up for sale a few months back. I also believe that redistricting may have something to do with it BUT the only conclusion one could reach is that NOW he is going to ramp up his 2012 run.

I doubt Ron would just give up his chairmanship on HFSC unless it was for a very good reason...he has set himself "free" so to speak...this move will undoubtedly mean more stops in IOWA and NH...time to drop the "he is not running to win" rhetoric and pitch in!