PDA

View Full Version : I really don't think Bachmann can hold this support in Iowa, and the rest of the country..

mlee45
07-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I can see a lot of people agreeing with her on a lot of things, but I think when people look for a leader, they don't look to Michelle Bachmann to carry the republican nomination. Don't get me wrong, she has a lot of support in these supports, but I feel that a lot of people are hoping someone else will really step up in the Tea party area, and sway them away from her...

What do you all think?

I'm predicting that after Ron wins Ames (Which he will) a lot of bachmann supporters will abandon ship, and start looking into the TEA PARTY favorite... Ron. Just my opinion, and hope it works out, but I really can't picture her winning the republican nomination AT ALL!

Johnnybags
07-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Bachmann is great at this point, sucking the life out of Romney(zombie) voters. I cannot imagine more than 20% teapartiers leaving Ron to vote for her, certainly not the original teapartiers. I think noone in the race now but Romney and Paul can support a long haul campaign and if Bachman blows NH she is done. One thing for sure we all know, she is not the Tea Party favorite and will take more votes from Romney than Paul. All good so far.

parocks
07-12-2011, 01:23 PM
look closely at the Bachmann bio.

sailingaway
07-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I think she will implode but I don't know if it will be before Ames. She timed it better than Cain did, and probably didn't go into the first debate for that reason, not to peak too soon -- for Ames.

Look at where Cain is now next to where he was last time http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/primary/rep/ia/

Now on a nicer note, note where Ron is next to where he was. Note independents.

goRPaul
07-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I have come to accept that Bachmann is running for VP.

ds21089
07-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I have come to accept that Bachmann is running for VP.

No, no, and NO. She would never be chosen as a VP. All it would take is the elites having Ron snipe'd then the country goes to shit again with a bad leader.

Romulus
07-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Patriot Act
Patriot Act
Patriot Act
IRS laywer
IRS laywer
IRS laywer

repeat after me.

TheDrakeMan
07-12-2011, 02:14 PM
At the moment, I will say Bachmann will win the Iowa straw poll. It'll give her another boost and she'll go on to take Iowa. We will see if the RP campaign can turn things around.

Paul4Prez
07-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Bachmann will implode faster than Gingrich at some point, probably before the summer is out. Why do you think the establishment is trying to get Perry to run? They know Romney is their only chance to hold off Ron Paul, and they don't like his chances.

sailingaway
07-12-2011, 11:24 PM
At the moment, I will say Bachmann will win the Iowa straw poll. It'll give her another boost and she'll go on to take Iowa. We will see if the RP campaign can turn things around.

I don't know. I think she is already showing cracks. And I don't know how good her organization is.

theBrewMeister
07-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Bachmann 30% with the Tea Party?!?!? WTF? Fck the Tea Party - sheep.

I like what Johnnybags is saying about Bachmann stealing support from Mitt but I lose faith in this country when I see numbers like that for that troll.

libertybrewcity
07-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Probably not..she'll be a contender, but her support will whither a bit. Everyone's numbers will fluctuate.

Canderson
07-13-2011, 12:01 AM
i see a little to much of a wait and see attitude in the movement, counting on Bachmann to implode may be a huge mistake, hope not, but it may be...

KingRobbStark
07-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Why wait for her to implode when we can pop her over inflated campaign?

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-13-2011, 01:57 AM
She won't hold her support making weekly gaffes like this slavery pledge thing she just signed. The liberal media is just waiting to pounce on her for the slightest mistake, and she always seems to give it to them. Even the staunchest Tea Partiers will lose faith in her.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-13-2011, 03:03 AM
No, no, and NO. She would never be chosen as a VP. All it would take is the elites having Ron snipe'd then the country goes to shit again with a bad leader.

^^

True, VP will be a VERY important position in the case of Ron so we must have someone who's trustyworthy & who leans libertarian as Ron has already said that he'd like VP who'd agree with him on the issues.

MJU1983
07-13-2011, 03:12 AM
Patriot Act
Patriot Act
Patriot Act
IRS laywer
IRS laywer
IRS laywer

repeat after me.

Just another politician. She is quite the Chameleon.

Imaginos
07-13-2011, 04:41 AM
Bachmann?
I have just one word and that's enough.
SNAKE.

Imaginos
07-13-2011, 05:07 AM
She does not take the Constitution seriously.
She does not stand for liberty.
All she has been doing for past few years is stealing the key words from Ron Paul and pretends it to be her own!
She always talks about God and Jesus.
Did God/Jesus ever promote stealing from somebody's hard work?
Ron Paul has been fighting the lonely battle for over 3 decades and now this hijacker jumped in (backed by the establishment, of course) and stealing and butchering the noble statesman's work and some of Tea Party movement actually like her?
Forming and leading the Tea Party Caucus?
That move was a pure (political) theft.
What planet am I on?
Ps: Now she's talking about reading books on Austrian Economic (puke).
I am not an economist but I would love to debate her.
I would crush her and make her shed her crocodiles' tears.

Jandrsn21
07-13-2011, 05:12 AM
The good thing about Ron's supporters is once he gets a new one he won't lose them. All these other candidates just keep shuffling the same supporters around.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Now on a nicer note, note where Ron is next to where he was. Note independents.

Yes, do. We've had a lot of naysayers telling us we're wasting our time or doing more harm than good chasing these votes. But they're fast becoming our mainstay, and our fastest growing demographic. How much success must we demonstrate in this area before these gloomy individuals realize their behavior is trollish, I wonder?

I don't know. I think she is already showing cracks. And I don't know how good her organization is.

An organization can only be as good as the candidate. And she's increasingly showing symptoms of Gingrich-style foot-in-the-mouthitis.

Bachmann 30% with the Tea Party?!?!? WTF? Fck the Tea Party - sheep.

The MSM loves the term 'tea party' because it's in the eye of the beholder. In other words, it means nothing so they can claim it means whatever they want it to mean. That's why they seized on it.

In other news, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney had tea today. So we polled them. Results at eleven.

The good thing about Ron's supporters is once he gets a new one he won't lose them. All these other candidates just keep shuffling the same supporters around.

Actually, I kind of see a trend developing. Seems to me each time the crowd falls off the merry-go-round, a certain percentage of them get sick of it and switch to the one consistent candidate in the whole race. Ours. Hope I'm not imagining this.

Jandrsn21
07-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Actually, I kind of see a trend developing. Seems to me each time the crowd falls off the merry-go-round, a certain percentage of them get sick of it and switch to the one consistent candidate in the whole race. Ours. Hope I'm not imagining this.

Economy is the biggest issue this time around and voters no matter where they belong in the Republican Party people are concerned with the debt. The good Doctor has never voted for a budget the wasn't balanced. If he can drive this point and really hit on consistency with his record over more empty promises, then he has a good shot! I think you are right though, I have a list of twenty close friends and family I am actively trying to convert and so far things are going well! :D 12
The MSM loves the term 'tea party' because it's in the eye of the beholder. In other words, it means nothing so they can claim it means whatever they want it to mean. That's why they seized on it.

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Y

Well, I'm imagining it too. But I'm glad to hear it isn't just me.

parocks
07-13-2011, 08:28 AM
there's a lot on the bachmann resume that's questionable. her supporters are likely unaware of her resume.

Patriot Act
Patriot Act
Patriot Act
IRS laywer
IRS laywer
IRS laywer

repeat after me.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Well, I'm imagining it too. But I'm glad to hear it isn't just me.

:D Well, either we're guilty of wishful thinking or there's the smell of revolution in the air. :cool:

S.Shorland
07-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Supported Bush bailout.

parocks
07-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Tea party isn't a media creation. Tea party was mighty in 2010. I'm not an expert on tea party, but there are lots and lots of tea parties all over the place, and they do gotv. They support the conservative in primaries vs establishment RINOs. They aren't a fictional creation. I would assume that they will be working, and working hard for their candidate. We most certainly do want their support. Michele Bachmann did give the tea party response to Obama's state of the union. That makes her tea party, and it should not be a surprise if tea party does like Bachmann at this stage of the game.

The Ron Paul campaign (or the grassroots) should consider tea party outreach, if that hasn't been happening all along. Get on of the pieces of lit that says "who is tea party" which covers the candidates who are trying to proclaim themselves tea party. There should also be a video with many clips and pictures from the tea party of 12/16/07. Show Ron Paul dumping tea.

Economy is the biggest issue this time around and voters no matter where they belong in the Republican Party people are concerned with the debt. The good Doctor has never voted for a budget the wasn't balanced. If he can drive this point and really hit on consistency with his record over more empty promises, then he has a good shot! I think you are right though, I have a list of twenty close friends and family I am actively trying to convert and so far things are going well! :D 12

trey4sports
07-13-2011, 08:38 AM
look, whether she IMPLODES or not isn't my concern. We don't have to knock her down to 2%, we do, however, need to be running negative ads in Iowa before the Caucus begins and early enough that voters can absorb the information.

I think if we can knock Bachmann down we can take over the mantle of Tea Party favorite and we will then be able to unite the tea party wing, Libertarian wing, fiscal conservatives, and split the independents (with Romney of course) and be able to take on the establishment and beat Romney down the stretch.

The key here is showing Bachmanns negatives in iowa

we will need an ad highlighting Bachmann's....

1. pro bailout (TARP, i believe?)
2. pro patriot act
3. IRS lawyer

stances

(p.s. add more dirt if you've got it) :)

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 08:42 AM
look, whether she IMPLODES or not isn't my concern. We don't have to knock her down to 2%, we do, however, need to be running negative ads in Iowa before the Caucus begins and early enough that voters can absorb the information.

I think if we can knock Bachmann down we can take over the mantle of Tea Party favorite and we will then be able to unite the tea party wing, Libertarian wing, fiscal conservatives, and split the independents (with Romney of course) and be able to take on the establishment and beat Romney down the stretch.

The key here is showing Bachmanns negatives in iowa

we will need an ad highlighting Bachmann's....

1. pro bailout (TARP, i believe?)
2. pro patriot act
3. IRS lawyer

stances

(p.s. add more dirt if you've got it) :)

Negative ads work best when there are only two candidates because people turn to the 'other' even if they are turned off by the ad, to some extent. I'd rather start with positive ads about Ron.

But when I said implodes, I didn't mean 2%, I mean lose about 10-12 percentage points from what she has.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Tea party isn't a media creation.

You're right, of course. They didn't invent it, we did. They're just trying to redefine it for their own purposes. This is a much easier task than redefining 'libertarian' after forty years of clear and unambiguous definitions.

The Ron Paul campaign (or the grassroots) should consider tea party outreach, if that hasn't been happening all along. Get on of the pieces of lit that says "who is tea party" which covers the candidates who are trying to proclaim themselves tea party. There should also be a video with many clips and pictures from the tea party of 12/16/07. Show Ron Paul dumping tea.

I like this idea, if only to show disaffected Republicans just how they're being manipulated.

trey4sports
07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Negative ads work best when there are only two candidates because people turn to the 'other' even if they are turned off by the ad, to some extent. I'd rather start with positive ads about Ron.

But when I said implodes, I didn't mean 2%, I mean lose about 10-12 percentage points from what she has.

Gotcha

So if we don't go negative how do we knock her numbers down?

I was thinking that Most of her support is "tea party" so if we knock her down most of that support will come our way. Even though a good portion of her people might want to go to Cain (since hes a more establishment type "tea partier") our numbers will be much much higher thus making us the only tea party alternative to Bachmann.

anyway, just my insight.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 08:51 AM
This is why I like parocks' suggestion. It's basically negative campaigning, but it slams the whole apparatchik equally and all at once. If we can piss those who consider themselves Tea Party by showing them how they're getting played, everyone in on the game loses support.

GunnyFreedom
07-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Supported Bush bailout.

Call it the "TARP Bankster Bailout." Calling it the "Bush Bailout" may be truthful, but it isn't helpful. i know, this post is just among us friends...but get into the habit early. Seriously.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Call it the "TARP Bankster Bailout." Calling it the "Bush Bailout" may be truthful, but it isn't helpful. i know, this post is just among us friends...but get into the habit early. Seriously.

You're right. Among partisans, letting them know this is the mistake their guy made, as opposed to the exact same mistake the other guy made, will mollify them when you're trying to piss them off. Much better to just say, 'mistake', and leave the 'our mistake' vs. 'their mistake' out of it.

The Dark Knight
07-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Bachmann is very popular in Iowa right now. there are a few factors that will influence how Ames goes. 1. Rick Perry needs to jump in and take some of the Bachmann vote. 2. Thank goodness we have the best real estate at Ames, it will help influence some people and might even be the difference in beating Bachmann. If Bachmann had that spot I would be very worried.
The Ames Straw Poll will be very very close between Bachmann and Paul. This really is huge. It may come down to a few votes. It really is going to be that close. Be sure to donate to the Iowa projects paid or contact the Iowa office to make phone calls.

White Bear Lake
07-13-2011, 11:08 AM
She won't hold her support making weekly gaffes like this slavery pledge thing she just signed. The liberal media is just waiting to pounce on her for the slightest mistake, and she always seems to give it to them. Even the staunchest Tea Partiers will lose faith in her.

That's the key word - waiting. Liberals are giddy about a possible Bachmann v Obama. Why shoot her down now when they can save all the gaffes and unload them the second she wins the primary practically guaranteeing an Obama second term. The media will keep everything she says on the down low so if she wins, everything can magically surface and she'll look as kooky as she is.

silentshout
07-13-2011, 11:47 AM
That's the key word - waiting. Liberals are giddy about a possible Bachmann v Obama. Why shoot her down now when they can save all the gaffes and unload them the second she wins the primary practically guaranteeing an Obama second term. The media will keep everything she says on the down low so if she wins, everything can magically surface and she'll look as kooky as she is.

This, there is no way she would win in a general election. Obama would crush her. Maybe her "message" ( whatever that is, gays are bad or something?) resonates with a group of hard-core republicans, but there is no way in heck that most independents would support her. Even though they don't like Obama.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 11:57 AM
This, there is no way she would win in a general election. Obama would crush her. Maybe her "message" ( whatever that is, gays are bad or something?) resonates with a group of hard-core republicans, but there is no way in heck that most independents would support her. Even though they don't like Obama.

I wish how I could figure out how something this patently clear and obvious could possibly be difficult for the kind of Repulicans who constantly talk about 'electability' to see. Because if I could, we'd have the nomination in the bag.

Paul4Prez
07-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Bachmann has gained support because she stated clearly and firmly that "Obama will be a one-term president" and that she "will repeal Obama Care". She didn't say how, but people like tough talk. Pawlenty declined the chance to talk tough face-to-face with Romney, and sank his own campaign as a result.

Ron Paul was good when he said "I'm the Commander in Chief, I tell the generals what to do." He needs to keep sounding like he's in command, and remind people that we could balance the budget without raising taxes, just by cutting spending back to 2003 levels.

parocks
07-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Well Bachmann won't be around by the Primaries but Palin may be. Perhaps Christine O'Donnell could get in and take the Bachmann spot when she's slaughtered by SNL. If Palin gets in quick enough, Bachmann might avoid getting destroyed. Palin getting in is a very real possibility. She will be hard to beat. Most popular Republican, most famous Republican. And if the voters like Bachmann, they don't care about resume, they don't care about electability. I can't think of a strategy that works for Ron Paul where Ron Paul attacks Palin in any way. I can see Palin and Paul both attacking Romney. What is extremely interesting is that Ron Paul is strong with certain groups that Palin might want in November. Ron Paul seems to be doing well with Independents and even Democrats in Iowa, but also Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania. rporbust is IDing voters, and he stopped giving explicit stats with his new system. Ron Paul is getting as many votes as Bachmann, but Ron Paul's votes are from Independents, Democrats and Unregistered. It's a problem to win when you have to get people to switch, but it's a big help in other circumstances. In other circumstances, for other purposes, it could be very good that Ron Paul, even though he's extremely conservative, is the most popular of all the Republican Candidates with non Republicans.

I wish how I could figure out how something this patently clear and obvious could possibly be difficult for the kind of Repulicans who constantly talk about 'electability' to see. Because if I could, we'd have the nomination in the bag.

parocks
07-14-2011, 05:59 AM
We do not want Rick Perry. Bachmann will implode, SNL will not be able to resist. And then, oh, look Rick Perry. Do nothing about Bachmann. Start attacking Perry now.
And viciously. Karl Rove is who caused him to change from Democrat to Republican.

Ron Paul: Perry's Bilderberg Attendance Proof Governor Part Of "International Conspiracy"
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2007/010607internationalconspiracy.htm

Paul said that Perry's attendance was "A sign that he's involved in the international conspiracy."

Perry's press secretary declined to give a statement when we called and denied any knowledge of the Logan Act, yet seemed to be fully aware of it in claiming Bilderberg was a private meeting. Since the Logan Act also bars private citizens from negotiating with foreign officials, Perry is still violating the law

This is the bad guy here. We don't want him in the race. He doesn't have a background that will crumble with the slightest look. We are the ones to take Rick Perry on, and now. Negative ads, grassroots. chip in for them. play in Austin and Washington, DC. Should Rick Perry be Arrested for Violations of the Logan Act.
When Rick Perry went to Bilderberg with x,y,z he was negotiating with foreign governments. That is illegal. Rick Perry should be arrested. Don't bother telling Iowa. You're telling the people who back Rick Perry how much fun campaigning will be. I have in my possession a lot of gardasil pens. and Merck merch. And plan to be buying more. Shake Rick Perry's hand while wearing a merch shirt, and win $50. A really good, clear crisp gardasil on the pen might be worth more.
Fun contest, anyone can play. Tear into him nonstop and don't quit until he's finished.

Listen, I don't recommend this series of action for just any candidate. "A sign that he's involved in the international conspiracy." That's a very serious charge. Not
one just bandied about. This isn't like calling someone a RINO, or too willing to cave. Being involved in the international conspiracy is the worst.

Michele Bachmann does not seem to be involved in the international conspiracy, or she wasn't when she was 43 years old, being a professional babysitter, her husband curing gays with prayer, and losing a school board election. It's an inspiring story, that someone with such a weak resume is leading in some polls. I'm honestly thinking how I can spin my own past. Well, I'm a lawyer, better Law School. Didn't work for the IRS. Didn't take Government money for babysitting. For the last 15 years, I've felt that I've been doing close to nothing. But here and there I've accomplished some stuff. It would actually look pretty good, compared to 8 straight years working and living in a licenced treatment facility or something like that. And I bet that many of you have resumes that look pretty good compared to Michelle Bachmann's. Obviously, you have to tack on 6 years of state senate and 4.5 years of US Rep. That can't be that hard to achieve. Usually, Presidential candidates had something in their background that was appealing or likeable to more than 30% of the population. Anyway, we don't need to attack her. If we do have to at some point in time, it would be so devastating that we could wait until the last possible moment.

Rick Perry won't be as easy.

Bachmann is very popular in Iowa right now. there are a few factors that will influence how Ames goes. 1. Rick Perry needs to jump in and take some of the Bachmann vote. 2. Thank goodness we have the best real estate at Ames, it will help influence some people and might even be the difference in beating Bachmann. If Bachmann had that spot I would be very worried.
The Ames Straw Poll will be very very close between Bachmann and Paul. This really is huge. It may come down to a few votes. It really is going to be that close. Be sure to donate to the Iowa projects paid or contact the Iowa office to make phone calls.

parocks
07-14-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm not in a tea party group. But there are a lot of real tea party groups that did real powerful mighty things, especially in the primaries. Like in Maine. The tea party
got behind Paul LePage in the primaries, and he won handily after being way behind in the polls. They're a strong GOTV organization. We know all this. The tea party is what the collection of people calling themselves tea party think it is. Showing the visual element of tea party rallys in 2007, really proves that Ron Paul
is definitely tea party. I haven't looked at a lot of pictures. I think I may. I'm not saying this should be a main focus. maybe just a good youtube that if you were arguing with someone about whether ron paul was tea party, you could show them that.

You're right, of course. They didn't invent it, we did. They're just trying to redefine it for their own purposes. This is a much easier task than redefining 'libertarian' after forty years of clear and unambiguous definitions.

I like this idea, if only to show disaffected Republicans just how they're being manipulated.

parocks
07-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Who would be safe for Ron to have as a VP?

wait for it

Christine O'Donnell