PDA

View Full Version : Help chipin for my delegation ticket for Presidency 5 strawpoll+debate in Orlando please!

Maximilian American
07-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Any amount helps. I will get to vote in the delegation straw poll and attend the debate to cheer on Dr. Paul. I have gas money but thats about it. Please help.

http://libertymax.chipin.com/presidency-5-delegation-ticket-in-fl-for-straw-poll-vote-and-debate-attendance (http://libertymax.chipin.com/presidency-5-delegation-ticket-in-fl-for-straw-poll-vote-and-debate-attendance)

Email proof of being chosen as a delegate for the Presidency 5 event in Orlando FL on September 22-24th:

Dear Fellow Republican,

I would like to congratulate you on being selected as a Presidency 5 Delegate. In order to fully become a delegate you must click here and download the Presidency 5 registration form.

Additionally, you must send either a check, payable to the Republican Party of Florida, or fill out your credit card information on the bottom of the registration form in the amount of $175 and send it to 420 East Jefferson Street Tallahassee, FL 32301 as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please email me at jhernandez@rpof.org

Best Regards,
JC

For more information about Presidency 5 visit www.presidency5.com

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd372/amga49/Presidency5emailscreenshot.jpg

I will update on ticket purchase and event experience once it happens

PastaRocket848
07-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Do you live around here? Or are you driving in from out of town?

Austin
07-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Oh my, the tabs! The tabs!

PastaRocket848
07-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Well, since you use Ubuntu you must be a cool guy. You can crash on my couch if you can't get $$$ for a hotel.

Maximilian American
07-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Well, since you use Ubuntu you must be a cool guy. You can crash on my couch if you can't get $$$ for a hotel.

:) thanks so much but im only a 3 hour drive from Orlando...and Ubuntu rocks!

Maximilian American
07-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh my, the tabs! The tabs!

:) how else can i keep track of the hundreds of rpf threads everyday?...and my thread subscription is already at 138 currently :)

libertybrewcity
07-12-2011, 02:04 PM
number of tabs is never ending...bump

Maximilian American
07-12-2011, 05:18 PM
number of tabs is never ending...bump

And thats just with one browser running...sometimes I have firefox on as well...talk about multitasking... Last bump for today.

Maximilian American
07-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Bump for liberty

Maximilian American
07-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Thank you to a great liberty loving lady from Louisiana for donating $20! $155 to go...hurry please before the opportunity runs out! Any amount!

PastaRocket848
07-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Are you allowed to take anybody with you? If so take me and I'll buy the night.

bkreigh
07-14-2011, 10:12 AM

No. You'd have to buy a guest pass and it sounds like those are few and far between.

Bergie Bergeron
07-14-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm prepared to send him 20$ TODAY if 2 other people pledge to do the same.

tsai3904
07-14-2011, 10:22 AM

If you're a FL resident, there's still a couple chances you can become a delegate.

First, check out your county caucus date here (http://www.presidency5.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Presidency-5-Caucus-Dates14.jpg). If your county caucus has not passed, attend the caucus and ask to become a delegate (it costs $175). If your county caucus has already passed, email the county and asked if there are still open delegate positions (many delegate positions went unfilled because not enough people showed up).

If both those options fail, you can enter a sweepstakes to become a delegate and win two tickets to the debate, two votes at the straw poll and two nights at a hotel. Enter here (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Presidency-5/104573009626598?sk=app_100265896690345).

tsai3904
07-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Payment Receipt
PayPal transaction ID 4VR51752SJ624254T
Total $20.00 USD

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 10:37 AM

7/14/2011
Receipt ID 628014de490XXXXX
Paid By: XXXXXXXXXX
For: Presidency 5 delegation ticket in FL for straw poll vote and debate attendance.
Method: PayPal (XXXX@XXXXXXXX.com)
Total: $20.00

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 11:20 AM

You're up!

Bergie Bergeron
07-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Your Receipt

Your contribution to Presidency 5 delegation ticket in FL for straw poll vote and debate attendance. has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: Presidency 5 delegation ticket in FL for straw poll vote and debate attendance.
ChipIn Event Organizer: Maximilian (*****@gmail.com)
Transaction ID: 999e34377a4dac98
Contribution Amount: $20.00
Contribution Date: July 14, 2011 5:37 PM UTC

+ rep to you guys ;)

Maximilian American
07-14-2011, 02:12 PM
I just want to thank everyone who has donated so far, 4 donations $80 total 45% till $175. I am truly heartfelt that it rises happy and almost tearfully joyous emotions in me to have others contribute their fortunes to helping me become a delegate and for the cause for liberty. Thank you so much.

Excellent info post below!

If you're a FL resident, there's still a couple chances you can become a delegate.

First, check out your county caucus date here (http://www.presidency5.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Presidency-5-Caucus-Dates14.jpg). If your county caucus has not passed, attend the caucus and ask to become a delegate (it costs $175). If your county caucus has already passed, email the county and asked if there are still open delegate positions (many delegate positions went unfilled because not enough people showed up).

If both those options fail, you can enter a sweepstakes to become a delegate and win two tickets to the debate, two votes at the straw poll and two nights at a hotel. Enter here (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Presidency-5/104573009626598?sk=app_100265896690345).

Maximilian American
07-15-2011, 09:56 AM

I will let you and others know asap if i'm able to get extra tickets to the event.

$95 to go, please if you can give do so asap so I can insure my spot...just incase if this fails I will refund all donations.

Maximilian American
07-16-2011, 08:07 AM
The deadline for the chipin is on the 20th...$95 to go.

Maximilian American
07-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Bump...3 days left to raise $95! I will bring my camera for photos and videos along with my detailed report of the event.

ronpaulhawaii
07-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't have money for donating, but did just repost this thread to Facebook with this comment:

For any of my friends who are maxxed out donating to RP, this forum member is raising funds to vote for Ron Paul in an important FL Straw poll. He had to enter and win a lottery to to get his ticket and is $95 away from his goal. Go Grassroots!

I hope it helps. Thanks for stepping up

Maximilian American
07-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks so much +Rep, I'm also trying to reach out to Facebook and other channels...I have a good feeling by the 20th that the chipin will work out complete.

I don't have money for donating, but did just repost this thread to Facebook with this comment:

I hope it helps. Thanks for stepping up

MelissaWV
07-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Paid By: MelissaWV
For: Presidency 5 delegation ticket in FL for straw poll vote and debate attendance.
Method: PayPal
Total: $20.00

It isn't much, but everyone knows I love grassroots causes the best. I will pony up more if we get close and it looks like you're not going to make it.

Maximilian American
07-17-2011, 11:09 AM
I love you all. I'm truly blessed and most fortunate to not be a zombie right now. My entire being is happy because its entirely for the liberty of life.

Thank you MelissaWV, +Rep

P.S. Just started a thread on DailyPaul about this chipin to add some more energy to it.

It isn't much, but everyone knows I love grassroots causes the best. I will pony up more if we get close and it looks like you're not going to make it.

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 11:11 AM
I cross posted in General, because different people go there.

Benjam
07-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Paid By: Benjam
Total: $10.00

Feelgood
07-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Why on earth would you attempt to become a delegate, if you dont have the financial means to go through with it? Its great you want to get involved and all, but if youre in a position where youre going to have to rely on others to get you there and back, then I think thats a little ridiculous and irresponsible. Allow those that can to go and do it do so, find another way to help contribute. Sign waving is free, go stand on a corner or something.

MelissaWV
07-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Why on earth would you attempt to become a delegate, if you dont have the financial means to go through with it? Its great you want to get involved and all, but if youre in a position where youre going to have to rely on others to get you there and back, then I think thats a little ridiculous and irresponsible. Allow those that can to go and do it do so, find another way to help contribute. Sign waving is free, go stand on a corner or something.

Um? Wow. Maybe you weren't paying attention when some of us were pushing for anyone who could get in, to do so, so that they could go be a part of this event. Since it's done largely by lottery, there was an element of luck. Many of said we would help those who "won" that lottery get there and represent those of us who could not participate or were not selected.

The price for going, all told, is quite steep for this sort of event. Sign-waving at this thing is what's ridiculous and irresponsible. People are not undecided. People know who they went through all that and paid to represent. Going down there to stand in the heat and wave signs in the faces of people who already know they are voting for Bachmann or Romney or whoever... now THERE is a damned waste.

The guy needs a few people to toss him a twenty. I don't think that's exactly insurmountable.

Maybe you haven't looked in on this site recently? We've been chipping in to send one another to straw polls and similar events a lot more. There are those of us who can go wherever, whenever, because of the level of responsibility we (don't) have. There are others of us who have the money to help, but cannot get to where the action's happening, so we chip in. It's working out very well this time around, or hadn't you noticed?

CaseyJones
07-17-2011, 12:33 PM

username fail

MelissaWV
07-17-2011, 12:33 PM
It doesn't look like the ticker's updated for me, but I believe we're at $65 to go. That's just a few folks :)

tsai3904
07-17-2011, 12:35 PM

The campaign is subsidizing people to vote in the Ames straw poll so what's the big deal with the grassroots subsidizing people to vote in the Presidency 5 straw poll? This straw poll only has 3,000 delegates so it's important that Ron Paul supporters are well represented and there are still many open delegate positions so he is not taking up anyone's spot.

Bergie Bergeron
07-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Not a lot to go !

ronpaulhawaii
07-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Um? Wow. Maybe you weren't paying attention when some of us were pushing for anyone who could get in, to do so, so that they could go be a part of this event. Since it's done largely by lottery, there was an element of luck. Many of said we would help those who "won" that lottery get there and represent those of us who could not participate or were not selected.

The price for going, all told, is quite steep for this sort of event. Sign-waving at this thing is what's ridiculous and irresponsible. People are not undecided. People know who they went through all that and paid to represent. Going down there to stand in the heat and wave signs in the faces of people who already know they are voting for Bachmann or Romney or whoever... now THERE is a damned waste.

The guy needs a few people to toss him a twenty. I don't think that's exactly insurmountable.

Maybe you haven't looked in on this site recently? We've been chipping in to send one another to straw polls and similar events a lot more. There are those of us who can go wherever, whenever, because of the level of responsibility we (don't) have. There are others of us who have the money to help, but cannot get to where the action's happening, so we chip in. It's working out very well this time around, or hadn't you noticed?

+ rep

username fail

lol

CrissyNY
07-17-2011, 01:53 PM
25 bucks closer.

Thanks for your activism!

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Because supporters here specifically asked him to. Not enough people were signing up to go to the initial caucus where they based the lottery. Only if you won did you have to pay, and obviously not everyone wins, but we wanted supporters in getting those tickets as much as possible. He's putting in the time and effort, and didn't have the money for the ticket. That's what chip ins are for.

MelissaWV
07-17-2011, 02:21 PM
What's that? Only $40 remaining?

C'mon guys and gals :) Let's get this one filled please.

ronpaulhawaii
07-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Looks like my Ma just donated, must be close now...

MelissaWV
07-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Do I hear another $30? C'mon... this will actually get someone in position to cast a vote at the P5!

Paulatized
07-17-2011, 04:50 PM
I just topped it off. Thanks for giving your time for the cause of liberty.

7/17/2011
Receipt ID 5997842a6afd3c51
Paid By:
Total: $30.00

Maximilian American
07-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Before I reply to everyone I just want to say a monumental thank you so much for making this Chip-in a MAJOR success 3 days before its deadline...from my entire being thank you all who donated and/or contributed with spreading the word and your suggestions.

UPDATE* Below is proof of my application form filled out and about to mailed out...15 minutes later it was in fact dropped off at the local post office and its on its way. So I should get a notification of acceptance soon when they take off the $175 from my Paypal account and email me or send me a letter. Whatever comes next, email, tickets, letters, etc will be photographed and posted in this thread as an update. WOOOOOOO! :) GODSPEED!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd372/amga49/P5.jpg

PastaRocket848
07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
do you work at Farm Fresh or something? that place rocks! you can get a huge bag of chicken for like $5 and it actually tastes better than grocery store chicken... by a lot. i'm no health nut but let me tell ya... that stuff's good.. and cheap.

Maximilian American
07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I cross posted in General, because different people go there.

Thanks for doing this, I was thinking about it but I didn't want to over-do it since its a grassroots only project. But since you did it that gives it legitimacy in the name of support.

No hard feelings, I sometimes say stuff my mistake that I don't really mean or don't understand...a TON less since 2007 though :). In 2007/08 when I had a full time job I donated over $1000 and had convinced Thousands more to be donated from others to the Ron Paul Campaign, Blimp project, CFL, RTR, grassroots projects like when people needed funding for grassroots trips up to N.H, Iowa, S.C,...I fully funded my entire trip to D.C. for the Revolution March on the Capital building, campaigned in AZ, NC, NY...attended 2 debates in FL (took a photo with RP and shook his hand in the first and high fived him as he cruised down the road in a minivan in 2nd), volunteered over 100 hours sign waving, working at the South FL RP headquarters, putting up countless signs and stickers in my precinct, signing up and taking old folks and many others in my precinct as Republicans and taking them to the voting booth on the primary day (my precinct had that highest % for RP on the primary in all of South FL with the help of my efforts including going door to door and handing out slim jims), partying with RP during the debate after parties :) (Best Part, can't wait to tell my future kids that one of the best parties I ever went to was with a 73 year old congressman and future president:)). In summary, my finances are poor at the moment but behold the proof that what you GIVE is what you eventually GET, what GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

Finally to quote the band of insects called THE BEATLES: "And in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give"

No hard feeling :)

Paid By: Benjam
Total: $10.00

Thank you!

Ditto, God I love the support of liberty minded fellows.

username fail

:D

The campaign is subsidizing people to vote in the Ames straw poll so what's the big deal with the grassroots subsidizing people to vote in the Presidency 5 straw poll? This straw poll only has 3,000 delegates so it's important that Ron Paul supporters are well represented and there are still many open delegate positions so he is not taking up anyone's spot.

Great points! Facts are stubborn things, John Adams. Thank you!

Because supporters here specifically asked him to. Not enough people were signing up to go to the initial caucus where they based the lottery. Only if you won did you have to pay, and obviously not everyone wins, but we wanted supporters in getting those tickets as much as possible. He's putting in the time and effort, and didn't have the money for the ticket. That's what chip ins are for.

Well said! This event will be a big deal in FL because of the backing of Gov. Scott for it. Thank you!

Looks like my Ma just donated, must be close now...

Thank your Mama for me!

I just topped it off. Thanks for giving your time for the cause of liberty.

7/17/2011
Receipt ID 5997842a6afd3c51
Paid By:
Total: $30.00

Thank you! I'm gonna go get my engine running :D

I promise to make everyone proud...+Rep for all those who contributed in one way or another.

For Life and Liberty,
Maximilian

Maximilian American
07-18-2011, 02:08 PM
do you work at Farm Fresh or something? that place rocks! you can get a huge bag of chicken for like $5 and it actually tastes better than grocery store chicken... by a lot. i'm no health nut but let me tell ya... that stuff's good.. and cheap.

Nope, its acutally Farm Fresh Raw Foods...a small business I have to support my schooling expenses...I distribute All Natural Raw In-Shell Macadamia Nuts and Macadamia Nut Crackers at retail and wholesale. The website is www.Farmfreshrawfoods.com ...I never heard of the Farm Fresh store but I'll look into it...I visited Polyface Inc. Farms in Virginia 2 years ago (the farm in that film Food Inc.) great chicken, beef, etc but not cheap because its all free range and grass fed...would absolutely recommend it atleast once.

Maximilian American
07-18-2011, 02:14 PM
One more thing, I just got 2 people to guarantee pledge a total of $75 to the Money Bomb tonight! Working on others! When you can't give find someone else that can and persuade!

sailingaway
07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Good work!!

And thank you for your activism in going to the Presidency 5!