PDA

View Full Version : What Font is the Campaign Using

Tarzan
07-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I have been asked this a couple of time... so, I figured I would post it here for anyone needing to know what font the official campaign is using on the RP logo and on the official website.

The font family is Minion Pro. They are using different fonts from that family including Bold, Medium Italic and others... thought this might be helpful for anyone creating RP stuff.

Thomas
07-11-2011, 11:46 PM
nice font name lol

bill_mcgonigle
11-17-2011, 02:27 AM
I found Constantia to be very close and good enough for most purposes. It comes with Windows Vista+ and is available with some free downloads. I have some links up here: http://www.ronpaulpeacesigns.com/open-source/

IndianaPolitico
11-17-2011, 07:26 AM
I think it is Time New Roman for the logo.

Krugerrand
11-17-2011, 07:35 AM
The campaign literature I receive from them is always printed in a sans serif font. It's really hard to read several printed pages of something without the serifs. (Has anybody ever seen a newspaper or major magazine publication sans serif?)

They really should change that.

Elwar
11-17-2011, 07:41 AM
The best font is Courrier New

it makes your letters bigger which makes it easier to write a 3 page paper with less text.

;D

smithtg
11-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Here is some advice i found for installing the font (in windows XP) not sure if its the same in Win7

I have reader version 10 and it was there.

Minion Pro - This font is a wonderful professional font that used to cost $100 but is now available free with Acrobat Reader version 7. To get the font, install Acrobat Reader version 7 then look in the resource folder where acrobat reader was installed. It will probably be at this address on your computer: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Resource\Font. You will see the Minon files. You still must install the fonts so your system will recognize them. For windows users, open control panel, switch to classic view, scroll down to fonts, and then copy the minion fonts into your fonts folder.