PDA

View Full Version : Our egos hurting the campaign?

klamath
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
I really want to know what is the point of posting links to bad RP press and sites. I thought the reason was so that we could go and make rebuttals yet if you found the bad press, one good rebuttal is better than 200, especially disjointed contradictory ones that a lot of times gets posted.
When Google ranks all these links with the key word combos of neo nazi/Ron Paul, racist/Ron Paul, kook/Ron Paul, Ron Paul at 2%, those are the ones that will get ranked the highest in search results.

Not only that it gives the negative commercial news sites lots of traffic and increases their ad rates.

Campaigns more than anything are run by enthusaism. Think how you feel when you see something that makes you think the campaign in on the upswing. You want to get out there and keep the ball rolling! When it seems like it is dead in the water and has no chance you figure you will save yourself the disappointment and concentrate on something else.:(
Constantly posting low poll numbers does nothing for the campaign. We have to just keep our heads down and concentrate on those poll numbers that are followed by the number of precincts counted. Those are all that matter. We will find out then if the news polls were right or wrong.

Why do I say ego? Because people like to see lots of comments on their threads. If it is negative and we get angry we make lots of posts.
For the sake of the campaign please quit doing this.

me3
10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Agreed. If you have time to promote negative press, you have time to participate in offline campaigning!

Ron Paul Fan
10-31-2007, 10:50 AM
I agree 100%. And if you go to the News about the Campaign sub forum you'll see that a former Ron Paul staffer who posts on this forum has posted one of these negative press ads there. I was stunned and let him have it and I would encourage that you do the same! Thank you klamath for this wise words. You are a true patriot and champion of liberty!

Meatwasp
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Your 100% right Klamath

yongrel
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Precisely

Elwar
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
If all you want to do is bitch and moan all the time I suggest you go join another campaign.

Perhaps you can go over to http://www.joinrudy20008.com

klamath
10-31-2007, 11:10 AM
If all you want to do is bitch and moan all the time I suggest you go join another campaign.

And how is bitching and moaning about bad news articles and sites that are posted here going to help the RP campaign?

RonPaulStreetTeam
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
yeah I never waste my time on those or leave them comments.

Meatwasp
10-31-2007, 11:20 AM

He makes a lot of sense to me. All the negative news is PRETTY wearing . Anyone can go all around the net and find all kinds of bad news why bring it here.