PDA

View Full Version : Halloween plans.

LeFou
10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
1. Be honest, how many of you are dressing up as Ron Paul to go trick-or-treating?
2. Pics?

BuddyRey
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
1. Be honest, how many of you are dressing up as Ron Paul to go trick-or-treating?
2. Pics?

I wanted to go as V from "V for Vendetta" and hand out Ron Paul slimjims to the parents who brought their kiddies trick-or-treating 'round the neighborhood, but it's getting down to the wire and I haven't found the costume yet. I might have to put together a makeshift Ron Paul mask, for the direct approach! :D

Roxi
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
well, i could have paid 20 bucks for a george bush mask to wear with my ron paul shirt but i donated it to the campaign instead, so im going as a freedom vampire :D

margomaps
10-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Honestly, I'm not.

On a related note though, I just discovered that many towns here in NH "decide" when Halloween trick-or-treating occurs. This blew my mind. Growing up in other states, we went out trick-or-treating on Halloween night, without exception. Apparently around here, towns decree that trick-or-treating shall be done on a particular night. For some towns it was last Saturday evening. For many other towns it was yesterday -- the day before Halloween.

HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY??!!! AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT GIVES A $#!7 about the #$(%!#& RULES???? OVER THE LINE!!!!!

Hrm. Ahem. Ok, sorry about that. It was very upsetting to me. When my kids are old enough to trick-or-treat, they're going on Halloween night -- period. :)

Green Mountain Boy
10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Honestly, I'm not.

On a related note though, I just discovered that many towns here in NH "decide" when Halloween trick-or-treating occurs. This blew my mind. Growing up in other states, we went out trick-or-treating on Halloween night, without exception. Apparently around here, towns decree that trick-or-treating shall be done on a particular night. For some towns it was last Saturday evening. For many other towns it was yesterday -- the day before Halloween.

Really?? That's messed up. I grew up on the other side of the connecticut river and we always went on Halloween night.

margomaps
10-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Really?? That's messed up. I grew up on the other side of the connecticut river and we always went on Halloween night.

Yeah, no joke man. I was sitting in a room with a bunch of people yesterday, and someone asked if anyone had seen any trick-or-treaters out yet. I politely pointed out that Halloween wasn't for another day. They all looked at me like I was crazy, and then informed me about this "town deciding when Halloween is celebrated" nonsense, as though it were the most natural and obvious thing in the world. Blew my mind. I still haven't recovered (obviously). :D

Elwar
10-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Honestly, I'm not.

On a related note though, I just discovered that many towns here in NH "decide" when Halloween trick-or-treating occurs.

Ya, they did that in my home town in Michigan when I was young as well.

Some kids would go to the next town and go trick or treating one night, then the next one :)

I used to end up miles away from home on Halloween...past the "siren" that told us that trick or treating was over. The best candy can be had at the end when people just want to get rid of the rest of their candy.

Speaking of...now I have to start getting ready for tonight...I think a toga is about the easiest costume to put together on such late notice.

speciallyblend
10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm not,but im dressing up as Fabio the Snowboarder,and then im djing the Ski bar in Vail for Halloween ,i'm gonna spin some of the Ron Paul Hip Hop;) hehe

plus we are planning a Ron Paul fundraiser for Vail Village in late or mid November for Snowboarders and Skiers For Ron Paul(meetup group,we just started but were gonna work hard to get Ron Pauls message all over Summit/Eagle/Lake Counties.

We are gonna have a Full Sound System,plus DJ's and several Vail businesses involved with the fundraiser.

I'll post info on the first meetup as soon as we get the commercials to promote RonPaul2008.com to donate and come to our Ron Paul Vail Street Party Fundraiser;)
should be fun

RON PAULING IT 2008, DJ KBK

yongrel
10-31-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm dressing up in a suit (kinda sorta Ron Paul costume) and wandering around my neighborhood handing out slimjims.

There is the distinct possibility of pics, but I make no promises.

RTsquared
10-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Today is my wife's b-day. No trick-or-treating for me.

Just a nice Italian dinner and a viewing of Elizabeth: The Golden Age.