PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Mandates Availability of "Don't Tread On Me" License Plates

ronpaulhawaii
07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
MIAC Blowback?

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills111/biltxt/truly/HB0307T.htm

301.4035. Any person may apply for special "Don't Tread on Me" motor vehicle license plates for any vehicle such person owns, either solely or jointly, other than an apportioned motor vehicle or a commercial motor vehicle licensed in excess of eighteen thousand pounds gross weight. Such person shall make application for the special license plates on a form provided by the director of revenue. The director shall then issue license plates bearing letters or numbers or a combination thereof as determined by the advisory committee established in section 301.129, with the words "DON'T TREAD ON ME" in place of the words "SHOW-ME STATE". Such license plates shall be made with fully reflective material with a common color scheme and design, shall be clearly visible at night, and shall be aesthetically attractive, as prescribed by section 301.130.

I haven't seen a final design yet, but there are a few floating around the web

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-MrWmE-sxAM/TTTRPmiNHuI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/1HgFsINxC30/s400/MO-DTOM.jpg

:D

madengr
07-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Dunno, but be assured you won't have it long if you don't pay your vehicle taxes. Seems pretty ironic.

CaseyJones
07-11-2011, 10:37 AM
lol the first thing I though when I saw the title of this thread was "Irony thy name is Missouri"

Krugerrand
07-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Dunno, but be assured you won't have it long if you don't pay your vehicle taxes. Seems pretty ironic.

The link is to state legislation. Isn't it nice of the state to grant permission to its citizens to make such a bold proclamation. I hope they're appreciative.

Danke
07-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Applying for permission to travel in ones personal conveyance via licensure, with "Don't Tread On Me" on plates for proof of States approval. Irony.

Edit: LOL we all had the same thoughts.

teacherone
07-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Applying for permission to travel in ones personal conveyance via licensure, with "Don't Tread On Me" on plates for proof of States approval. Irony.

Edit: LOL we all had the same thoughts.

do you have a license?

Danke
07-11-2011, 10:41 AM
do you have a license?

Many.

teacherone
07-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Many.

badass

pcosmar
07-11-2011, 10:46 AM
do you have a license?
Yes, due to coercion.

but I drive just as well without it, and have at times in the past.

Krugerrand
07-11-2011, 10:48 AM
badass

Danke ranks in the top 3 of my "RPF members I'd like to meet someday" list.

(or perhaps I've already met him! :eek: )

Sola_Fide
07-11-2011, 10:48 AM
More Mandates For Missourri Mundanes

libertyjam
07-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Funny, you all thought immediately of the irony in this, I immediately thought of 'well now they have a self identified list of people they have previously labeled as potential terrorists'.

acptulsa
07-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Normal Missouri plates are white and light blue. Gadsden flags are yellow.

For their profiling convenience.

Krugerrand
07-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Funny, you all thought immediately of the irony in this, I immediately thought of 'well now they have a self identified list of people they have previously labeled as potential terrorists'.

Our city cops have a habit of parking at parking meters in our town without feeding them. They are quick to sticker up their cars with all sorts of logos and whatnot that clue in the meter-readers that this car is not owned by a mundane and should not be ticketed. Ironically, many of their cars are also plastered with "Don't Tread On Me" paraphernalia.

libertyjam
07-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Our city cops have a habit of parking at parking meters in our town without feeding them. They are quick to sticker up their cars with all sorts of logos and whatnot that clue in the meter-readers that this car is not owned by a mundane and should not be ticketed. Ironically, many of their cars are also plastered with "Don't Tread On Me" paraphernalia.

They probably think it is part of their 'undercover' cred.

acptulsa
07-11-2011, 11:04 AM

They probably think it is part of their 'undercover' cred.

Nah. They're just bragging that their crappy and thankless job makes them the only folks around who can actually get away with making it stick.

Danke
07-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Danke ranks in the top 3 of my "RPF members I'd like to meet someday" list.

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies.

acptulsa
07-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies.

Well, in all fairness, if he was thinking '...so long as I have my brass knuckles in my pocket' one wouldn't expect him to tip his hand. ;)

Romulus
07-11-2011, 11:20 AM

That was my first thought too. MIAC is getting the last laugh?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes, due to coercion.

but I drive just as well without it, and have at times in the past.

I lol'd. Yeah. I think I can drive well too, without the aid of my license. Rofl.