PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul - All Downhill From Here?

Cliff
10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
I always thought this would be an uphill battle and there would come a time when Paul's message caught on like nothing I have ever seen in a political process. Once the zenith was reached we could go downhill for a change and once we started rolling they could never stop us.

I know this is not the time to get complacent and all of us will continue to work very hard. I am wondering if we have reached the zenith of the mountain?

I have always wondered what it would be like living through special times like the American Revolution for example. A time when people defiantly stood for what was right against massive opposition. Sadly I have never experienced anything like that in my lifetime until now.

I can truly say I am proud to be an American, the America that you guys see and the America Ron Paul is trying to restore.

We are going to win this thing!

Ron Paul Fan
10-31-2007, 10:38 AM
No! We cannot let up now! It's all an uphill battle until Ron Paul is sworn in on January 20, 2009! We need more supporters and more money! Keep spreading the freedom message!

micahnelson
10-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Even with President Paul, its going to be an uphill battle. We are here for liberty, not for a man. While I wholeheartedly support his presidential bid, I would not give up time, money, effort, and computation cycles in my mind to help some guy get a job. I believe American needs liberty to survive.

Ron Paul is a great start, but its a movement we will need to continue.

Cliff
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Even with President Paul, its going to be an uphill battle. We are here for liberty, not for a man. While I wholeheartedly support his presidential bid, I would not give up time, money, effort, and computation cycles in my mind to help some guy get a job. I believe American needs liberty to survive.

Ron Paul is a great start, but its a movement we will need to continue.

It is the man who got the message out there. Without him there would be no opposition to the direction we are headed.

Any movement needs a pioneer or leader but you are exactly right that we need to continue it.

Craig_R
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
fighting for liberty is ALWAYS going to be an uphill battle

Elwar
10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
It does prove one thing though...

All of these years that the Libertarian candidate has worked hard to get into the presidential debates and all his supporters kept saying "If only he could get into the debate and deliver his libertarian message, we could win".

Well, it looks like it takes a lot more than just getting into one debate.

There will never be another opportunity like this again. He's already gotten more exposure than all libertarians combined...and we're still fighting to get his message out.

BLS
10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't believe so.

What we have achieved is only SOME name recognition.
We still have to get people to be as motivated as US. To make SURE they will vote in the primaries and in the election.

We have a LONG way to go. I think once you hear just about everyone in your office talking about Ron Paul, THEN we will have reached the zenith.

me3
10-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Downhill? Are you kidding me? We're far from being in a mode where we can even ponder being a lock to win the primary. C'mon folks.

Cliff
10-31-2007, 10:50 AM
The point of the post is momentum. I really feel, and Ron has talked about, liberty is the message and I honestly think it does the work for us. Things continue to get worse in DC the more people will want to change. The longer the rest of the GOP support the war and Ron refutes it the more the message will spread.

There comes a time in any movement where it takes a life of it own. We simply pass the message along, donate money, and it becomes a grassfire.

That is what I mean by the zenith of the mountain.

FrankRep
10-31-2007, 10:53 AM
No, get ready for the next wave of attacks.

Cliff
10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't believe so.

What we have achieved is only SOME name recognition.
We still have to get people to be as motivated as US. To make SURE they will vote in the primaries and in the election.

We have a LONG way to go. I think once you hear just about everyone in your office talking about Ron Paul, THEN we will have reached the zenith.

Good post

Cliff
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Downhill? Are you kidding me? We're far from being in a mode where we can even ponder being a lock to win the primary. C'mon folks.

I am talking about momentum with people creating meetup groups in other countries.

In my opinion the liberty movement has taken a life of it's own.

Every day people are creating ideas to keep things rolling like November 5th money bomb.

BillyDkid
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
As far as I can see, the big obstacle is getting the nomination and we are miles away from that at this point. After that things will get relatively easier.

Cliff
10-31-2007, 11:01 AM
As far as I can see, the big obstacle is getting the nomination and we are miles away from that at this point. After that things will get relatively easier.

Very true. I honestly believe Ron is the only one that can beat Hilary or Obama. Ron would crucify them with facts in a debate.

RPinSEAZ
10-31-2007, 11:01 AM
It's easy to think that the message is reaching people when you're actively involved in it. I would honestly guesstimate that 90% of people outside of our "Ron Paul world" know very little of substance about Ron Paul.

I would say we're maybe 25% of the way there.

NinjaPirate
10-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Very true. I honestly believe Ron is the only one that can beat Hilary or Obama. Ron would crucify them with facts in a debate.

In a one-on-one debate I think Hilary or any other candidate who goes up against RP will resort to cutting him off mid-sentence, and name calling (kook, loon, radical, etc.) because they wouldn't know how to rebute his claims.

freelance
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
At the very earliest, it's over when the last vote is counted. And, that's the best-case scenario.

RPinSEAZ
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
In a one-on-one debate I think Hilary or any other candidate who goes up against RP will resort to cutting him off mid-sentence, and name calling (kook, loon, radical, etc.) because they wouldn't know how to rebute his claims.

If it ever happened, I would guess that the other candidate would probably talk about how Ron Paul wants to cut off medical insurance for millions of innocent poor children and eliminate schools which would result in bands of wandering orphans that are unable to read or participate in modern society. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
10-31-2007, 11:14 AM
If it ever happened, I would guess that the other candidate would probably talk about how Ron Paul wants to cut off medical insurance for millions of innocent poor children and eliminate schools which would result in bands of wandering orphans that are unable to read or participate in modern society. :rolleyes:

I would look forward to that, because it is so far from the truth, it is ridiculous. Ron Paul would do quite well combating such blatant lies.

jacmicwag
10-31-2007, 11:16 AM
I'd like to think we've reached that point but reality tells me we're still climbing a vertical rock cliff and hanging on by our fingernails as fellow Republicans roll boulders off the top trying to dislodge any foothold and send us pummeling into the abyss. No wonder the Paulites are sometimes in a less than pleasant mood.

TruckinMike
10-31-2007, 11:17 AM
Just to let you know... We have not even started up the hill. I just asked 5 people at my delivery site if they knew Ron Pauls positions.

Guess how many had even heard of Ron Paul?

ZERO

If that equates to a "zenith" in your mind... well thats ok with a catch. The catch is that you continue to bust your xxs getting the message out to common folk...

How about posting some signs HIGH in the trees... away from the governments reach.

People MUST see his name over and over and over.... and then research him and then vote for him..

From my personal poll.... we have no way of winning if we continue on our present course. EVERY Ron Paul meetup member must find ten great locations, then post signs at those locations, then replenish the signs if they are torn down. this must be done or we are doomed.

Sorry folks, but get your heads out from the tree, stand back, and take a view of the forest from the hilltop. When you are to close to the tree, you sometimes forget the rest of the world is not seeing what you are seeing.

We are not even close! Now come on, put those signs up.

ps- until I start seeing signs on a daily basis... my outlook will be gloomy:eek:

Truckinmike

peruvianRP
10-31-2007, 11:18 AM
is downhill good or bad?

when I hear downhill...I think like when you say " all downhill after that. "

?

kmj.ronpaul
10-31-2007, 11:32 AM
>> No, get ready for the next wave of attacks.

'Criminal' botnet stumps for Ron Paul
http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2007/10/paul_bot

Paulitician
10-31-2007, 11:36 AM
is downhill good or bad?

when I hear downhill...I think like when you say " all downhill after that. "

?
Read the first post.

I agree with others, we can't expect this campaign to be anything but an uphill battle.

werdd
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
uphill until RP is in that oval office!

Tidewise
10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Yes, we are gaining momentum. But compare that with the momentum of the forces going the other way.

We have lots of work to do and precious little time to do it.

Hurricane Bruiser
10-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Very much still uphill. Downhill will only occur for a short time after Ron Paul wins the election. Then uphill again to implement our revolution by pressuring others in government.

Adam Smith
10-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Those of you who feel RP has good name recognition need to come down here to Georgia and help us out. There are a lot of us down here and we see firsthand how MSM-dependent folks don' t have the first clue who he is.

Adamsa
10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
It's not downhill until he has the nomination. Even then we have the Clinton machine to fight.

fcofer
10-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Those of you who feel RP has good name recognition need to come down here to Georgia and help us out. There are a lot of us down here and we see firsthand how MSM-dependent folks don' t have the first clue who he is.

Isn't that the truth.

Eli
10-31-2007, 12:43 PM
the funny thing is, there were massive groups against the revolution back when it happened. It was quite literally pulled off by a very small minority of patriots. Many people saw no point in being liberated if they're all dead and hung for treason. :) Sounds very familiar doesn't it?

I wonder if the revolution would of ended any differently if fox news existed back then?

LibertyEagle
10-31-2007, 12:46 PM

+1

Nefertiti
10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
We have not even got our man on the ballot yet everywhere. There is a suburban district here in Chicago that is desperate for people to collect signatures to put him and his delegates on the ballot. No time for complacency if he isn't even going to be an option on the ballot. You can help with the effort rather than sit home watching YouTube. Your choice.

Ninja Homer
10-31-2007, 01:29 PM
I always thought this would be an uphill battle and there would come a time when Paul's message caught on like nothing I have ever seen in a political process. Once the zenith was reached we could go downhill for a change and once we started rolling they could never stop us.

I know this is not the time to get complacent and all of us will continue to work very hard. I am wondering if we have reached the zenith of the mountain?

I have always wondered what it would be like living through special times like the American Revolution for example. A time when people defiantly stood for what was right against massive opposition. Sadly I have never experienced anything like that in my lifetime until now.

I can truly say I am proud to be an American, the America that you guys see and the America Ron Paul is trying to restore.

We are going to win this thing!

I understand what you're saying. With ideas, it typically only takes about 10% of the population to agree with it before it hits "critical mass" and takes on a life of its own. Then it spreads very rapidly and soon becomes accepted as an obvious truth. While I don't think we're there yet, I do think we will hit that point before the primaries are over.

For example, I think the idea that we need to follow the Constitution has hit that 10%. Before Ron Paul, nobody was talking about it. Ron Paul talked about it, it hit critical mass pretty quickly, and the idea is spreading so fast that the other Republican candidates started talking about upholding the Constitution, and now even the Democrats are talking about upholding the Constitution (even if they have no idea what that means).

It will still be a lot of work until Ron Paul wins the candidacy... that is definitely the zenith of the mountain. However, it is getting easier to recruit more people more quickly. There are a lot of tools in place to help with that; a wide variety of slimjims and other marketing materials, meetups, this forum, other web sites, youtube vids, DVD's (I'm still waiting for an official HQ DVD damnit!), he's in the media more, and he has over $5 million for advertisements. Having all that in place makes it easier to recruit, but it's still going to be a lot of work.

Winning early primaries will be a big help as well, but really it isn't over until Ron Paul is President. I'll stop working for that goal when he stops.

PatriotG
10-31-2007, 01:33 PM

Theres a long way to go
It aint over yet....

Ban On Ron Paul Supporters (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/24/a-ban-on-ron-paul-supporters/#more-2822)

PatriotG

Cliff
10-31-2007, 04:27 PM
I understand what you're saying. With ideas, it typically only takes about 10% of the population to agree with it before it hits "critical mass" and takes on a life of its own. Then it spreads very rapidly and soon becomes accepted as an obvious truth. While I don't think we're there yet, I do think we will hit that point before the primaries are over.

For example, I think the idea that we need to follow the Constitution has hit that 10%. Before Ron Paul, nobody was talking about it. Ron Paul talked about it, it hit critical mass pretty quickly, and the idea is spreading so fast that the other Republican candidates started talking about upholding the Constitution, and now even the Democrats are talking about upholding the Constitution (even if they have no idea what that means).

It will still be a lot of work until Ron Paul wins the candidacy... that is definitely the zenith of the mountain. However, it is getting easier to recruit more people more quickly. There are a lot of tools in place to help with that; a wide variety of slimjims and other marketing materials, meetups, this forum, other web sites, youtube vids, DVD's (I'm still waiting for an official HQ DVD damnit!), he's in the media more, and he has over $5 million for advertisements. Having all that in place makes it easier to recruit, but it's still going to be a lot of work.

Winning early primaries will be a big help as well, but really it isn't over until Ron Paul is President. I'll stop working for that goal when he stops.

Great post!

LibertyEagle
10-31-2007, 04:45 PM
We have not even got our man on the ballot yet everywhere. There is a suburban district here in Chicago that is desperate for people to collect signatures to put him and his delegates on the ballot. No time for complacency if he isn't even going to be an option on the ballot. You can help with the effort rather than sit home watching YouTube. Your choice.

Nefertiti, you may want to start a new thread on this, it is so important! The Meetups in the area are not sufficient to do this? Have you contacted Meetups in surrounding states for help?

Corydoras
10-31-2007, 07:18 PM
The way I'm looking at it is that if we're running at 5%, to have a rock-solid 50% victory (even against a batch of other Republicans splitting the pro-war vote), then we really need TEN new people for EACH one of us committed people.