PDA

View Full Version : FL - Mom calls cops for help with depressed 18 y/o son, cops show up and shoot him dead.

Anti Federalist
07-10-2011, 07:01 PM
She told them, she told them he may have a knife, to try and help, that he was depressed and not likely to hurt anybody.

She called for help.

I know I don't have to say it again.

Read this anguished mother's last line in this story. :mad::(

Mom: Largo police didn't have to shoot depressed son

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/mom-largo-police-didnt-have-to-shoot-depressed-son/1178298

LARGO — Anne Polce pointed to a pool of blood soaking into the carpet in her 18-year-old son's bedroom.

"Look what they did to my kid. My only child," said Polce, 52, breaking into sobs on Friday. "This is what happens when you try to get help for your kid."

On Thursday afternoon, she called police because her autistic son, Nicholas John Pesare, was suicidal and she wanted to get him into treatment.

She also warned police that he would come after officers with a knife to provoke them.

Minutes after arriving at the Laguna Vista apartments on Belcher Road S, officers shot and killed Pesare after he reportedly assaulted them with a knife.

On Friday, an angry Polce said authorities didn't make an effort to help her son.

"They cornered him and shot him," she said. "They shot him dead."

She said her son, who fantasized about becoming a champion boxer, was about 5 feet 3 and 118 pounds. And she didn't think he stood a chance against beefy officers, even with a knife.

Largo police Lt. Mike Loux said Largo officers are trained to identify and deal with mentally ill suspects. Many even have received advanced training. The officers tried to help Pesare, he said Friday. However, they had little choice but to defend themselves when attacked, he said.

"It happened in a split second," Loux said. "They tried to make contact with the suspect and he came at them with a knife."

Largo police Chief John Carroll declined to comment, saying it would be inappropriate for him to discuss the ongoing investigation.

"He feels the incident is unfortunate and he is empathetic for the family," Loux said. "He is also cognizant of the dangers police officers face on a daily basis and is comforted that his officers were not injured when the suspect assaulted them with a knife."

Doctors told Polce she could never have kids, but when she was 34 she gave birth to her son in Naples. He was diagnosed with autism in preschool.

"He started banging his head on the floors and the walls," she said.

Several years later, they moved to Rhode Island and lived there until about two years ago.

Pesare was a good student through middle school, Polce said, but a counselor warned her she'd have a tough time with him because he didn't know how to relate to people — a common problem for those afflicted with autism.

Pesare attended an alternative high school for a while, but it wasn't a good fit because other students bullied him, she said.

He trained at a boxing gym up north. A couple of years ago he decided he wanted to come to Florida to train at the St. Pete Boxing Club. So they packed everything in Polce's car and moved to a tiny one-bedroom apartment in Largo.

Money was tight. Polce, who said she has numerous health issues including liver problems, receives disability benefits. She slept on the couch in the living room. Her son got the bedroom and decorated the walls with pictures of rappers, boxers, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kim Kardashian.

He was small but muscular and ate almost constantly. He loved steak, macaroni and cheese and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. He liked to smoke pot or synthetic marijuana and it seemed to calm his moods, his mom said.

Last year, Pesare wanted to join the National Guard. His mother said he passed the test, but he was not accepted into the military.

Recently, he had been more and more depressed. He asked his mom to send him back up north to train for a while, but she couldn't afford it.

This week his depression was really severe.

And on Thursday he started talking about ending his life.

"I don't want to be here anymore. I'm tired of being poor. I don't want to live anymore," she said he told her.

He also told her that if police came, "I'm going to pull my knife out and they're going to kill me," she said.

According to Loux, police got a call from Pesare's mother about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. She told them her son was threatening suicide and might use a knife on officers, Loux said.

Three officers arrived at the complex a few minutes later. Polce said she offered to go inside with them. She told them her son wouldn't hurt her.

They said no, so she gave them the keys to her apartment.

Two of the three officers were inside the apartment when Pesare brandished a knife and assaulted them, Loux said. One officer used a Taser on Pesare but it had no effect, he said. The other officer opened fire.

Polce's neighbor, Linda Stewart, a nurse, said she volunteered to help until emergency workers got there. She went into the apartment and found Pesare lying on the floor between his bed and the wall.

On his white T-shirt she saw "a big ring of blood." He was bleeding from his mouth and she felt a pulse. She left his side when officers told her emergency workers were there.

Pesare died at the scene.

Neither officer has been identified. Both are on administrative leave while the shooting is investigated, which is standard procedure.

Polce said she planned to contact a lawyer on Friday to file a suit against the police department. She vowed to make them pay for her son's death.

"I feel guilty," Polce said. "I should have never called them."

Anti Federalist
07-10-2011, 07:03 PM
And the fascist fuck stick badge lickers want to make it a felony not to call cops.

acptulsa
07-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Ron Paul needs a new desk sign. Depressed? Don't commit suicide--the government hates competition.

And to think they gave Kevorkian grief.

amyre
07-10-2011, 07:08 PM
VERY, very sad story indeed. I've only lived in FL for a couple of years, but there seems to be a shoot first, ask questions later (oh wait, no need for questions because we already shot) policy here.

QueenB4Liberty
07-10-2011, 07:09 PM
wow. :(

AGRP
07-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I've always found it incredibly sick how the police treat people like terrorists for having any sort of weapon when they're the ones who are always walking around with guns, pepper spray, stun guns, and tazers.

aGameOfThrones
07-10-2011, 07:28 PM
She told them, she told them he may have a knife, to try and help, that he was depressed and not likely to hurt anybody.

She called for help.

I know I don't have to say it again.

Read this anguished mother's last line in this story. :mad::(

Mom: Largo police didn't have to shoot depressed son

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/mom-largo-police-didnt-have-to-shoot-depressed-son/1178298

LARGO — Anne Polce pointed to a pool of blood soaking into the carpet in her 18-year-old son's bedroom.

"Look what they did to my kid. My only child," said Polce, 52, breaking into sobs on Friday. "This is what happens when you try to get help for your kid."

On Thursday afternoon, she called police because her autistic son, Nicholas John Pesare, was suicidal and she wanted to get him into treatment.

She also warned police that he would come after officers with a knife to provoke them.

Minutes after arriving at the Laguna Vista apartments on Belcher Road S, officers shot and killed Pesare after he reportedly assaulted them with a knife.

On Friday, an angry Polce said authorities didn't make an effort to help her son.

"They cornered him and shot him," she said. "They shot him dead."

She said her son, who fantasized about becoming a champion boxer, was about 5 feet 3 and 118 pounds. And she didn't think he stood a chance against beefy officers, even with a knife.

Largo police Lt. Mike Loux said Largo officers are trained to identify and deal with mentally ill suspects. Many even have received advanced training. The officers tried to help Pesare, he said Friday. However, they had little choice but to defend themselves when attacked, he said.

"It happened in a split second," Loux said. "They tried to make contact with the suspect and he came at them with a knife."

Largo police Chief John Carroll declined to comment, saying it would be inappropriate for him to discuss the ongoing investigation.

"He feels the incident is unfortunate and he is empathetic for the family," Loux said. "He is also cognizant of the dangers police officers face on a daily basis and is comforted that his officers were not injured when the suspect assaulted them with a knife."

Doctors told Polce she could never have kids, but when she was 34 she gave birth to her son in Naples. He was diagnosed with autism in preschool.

"He started banging his head on the floors and the walls," she said.

Several years later, they moved to Rhode Island and lived there until about two years ago.

Pesare was a good student through middle school, Polce said, but a counselor warned her she'd have a tough time with him because he didn't know how to relate to people — a common problem for those afflicted with autism.

Pesare attended an alternative high school for a while, but it wasn't a good fit because other students bullied him, she said.

He trained at a boxing gym up north. A couple of years ago he decided he wanted to come to Florida to train at the St. Pete Boxing Club. So they packed everything in Polce's car and moved to a tiny one-bedroom apartment in Largo.

Money was tight. Polce, who said she has numerous health issues including liver problems, receives disability benefits. She slept on the couch in the living room. Her son got the bedroom and decorated the walls with pictures of rappers, boxers, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kim Kardashian.

He was small but muscular and ate almost constantly. He loved steak, macaroni and cheese and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. He liked to smoke pot or synthetic marijuana and it seemed to calm his moods, his mom said.

Last year, Pesare wanted to join the National Guard. His mother said he passed the test, but he was not accepted into the military.

Recently, he had been more and more depressed. He asked his mom to send him back up north to train for a while, but she couldn't afford it.

This week his depression was really severe.

And on Thursday he started talking about ending his life.

"I don't want to be here anymore. I'm tired of being poor. I don't want to live anymore," she said he told her.

He also told her that if police came, "I'm going to pull my knife out and they're going to kill me," she said.

According to Loux, police got a call from Pesare's mother about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. She told them her son was threatening suicide and might use a knife on officers, Loux said.

Three officers arrived at the complex a few minutes later. Polce said she offered to go inside with them. She told them her son wouldn't hurt her.

Two of the three officers were inside the apartment when Pesare brandished a knife and assaulted them, Loux said. One officer used a Taser on Pesare but it had no effect, he said. The other officer opened fire.

Polce's neighbor, Linda Stewart, a nurse, said she volunteered to help until emergency workers got there. She went into the apartment and found Pesare lying on the floor between his bed and the wall.

On his white T-shirt she saw "a big ring of blood." He was bleeding from his mouth and she felt a pulse. She left his side when officers told her emergency workers were there.

Pesare died at the scene.

Neither officer has been identified. Both are on administrative leave while the shooting is investigated, which is standard procedure.

Polce said she planned to contact a lawyer on Friday to file a suit against the police department. She vowed to make them pay for her son's death.

"I feel guilty," Polce said. "I should have never called them."

Seems to be a lot like this:

"I felt like I made the wrong choice calling the police," Fernandez, 60, told The Republic on Wednesday from a friend's trailer in the same complex where her son was killed Tuesday. "I regret it with everything in my heart."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2010/10/07/20101007policeshooting1007.html#ixzz1Rkv9PbXC

Carehn
07-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Florid killed his mind and the cops just did the rest. They need to find a bettor chemical to make working drones with. Florid is making them irrational and hard to deal with.

newbitech
07-10-2011, 07:39 PM
This happened a few miles north of me. No, Cops and mentally handicapped people don't mix. The mentally handicapped are scared to death of the police, and rightfully so. Those are the majority of the street people who are on the front lines in the war on drugs, and the war on poverty. Cities can't let the homeless soil their image, so they send the goons squads in to tear down tent cities and break up food lines for the poor.

Comforted that the officers weren't injured. If the kid was in the house by himself, leave him in there. He poses no threat to anyone else, and obviously it doesn't matter if he poses a threat to himself, when the only help the cops can give is death. I seriously doubt the kid assaulted the cops with a knife. I seriously doubt the cops got close enough to him for a knife to be a factor. They hit him with a tazer. The kid was probably backed against the wall telling the cops not to come near him. In his own room, in his own house.

I don't even think the mother has the authority to give anyone permission to violate her son's right to privacy. He'd broken no laws, and the cops only duty was to make sure the mother was safe. They could have subdued him by simply waiting him out, but oh no, I am sure the cops had much more important things to do that day, like arrest people for not using a blinker, or chase down some guy trying to sell a dime bag of dope to help feed his family.

So comforting to know that it was a civilian who died and not one of our brave uniformed warriors.

aGameOfThrones
07-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Mundanes, Mundanes whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do
when they come for you? Mundanes, Mundanes whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

LibertyEagle
07-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Yes, she was stupid to call them. Her son told her what he would do if she called them and apparently, he meant it.

osan
07-10-2011, 07:58 PM
And the fascist fuck stick badge lickers want to make it a felony not to call cops.

Cops have become such a terrible problem here.

All police departments should be dissolved. Barring that, what does one do? If you shoot them, your life will not be worth a wooden nickel. If in fact it becomes a felony not to call police... jesus... into what tighter corner could one be painted?

LibertyEagle
07-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Wait a second. Anti-Fed, I agree with a lot of what you post, but this one, I do not.

The kid wanted to die and told his Mother that if the cops came, he would pull his knife so that they would shoot him. He did and ran at them. They shot him.

What were they supposed to do? Let him stab them?

aGameOfThrones
07-10-2011, 08:05 PM

A felony not to call cops, yet no obligation to pick it up(The Myth of Police Protection (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?228509-The-Myth-of-Police-Protection&highlight=police+protection)).

Brian4Liberty
07-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Polce said she offered to go inside with them. She told them her son wouldn't hurt her.

Once again, it's the arrogance of power. Mundanes can't be involved, consulted, or even volunteer relevant information. If they even acknowledge a mundane, it's to tell them to go away or be physically assaulted. Mundanes are lower than prisoners in a prison to some of these officers.

"Step aside lady, we'll take care of your kid. We know all we need to know from a five word description from the dispatcher. Back off or we'll Taze you."

Brian4Liberty
07-10-2011, 08:09 PM

Put the kid on the phone with a counselor?

UWDude
07-10-2011, 08:09 PM
they taze when they should tackle, and shoot when they should taze.

Anti Federalist
07-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Wait a second. Anti-Fed, I agree with a lot of what you post, but this one, I do not.

The kid wanted to die and told his Mother that if the cops came, he would pull his knife so that they would shoot him. He did and ran at them. They shot him.

He was 118 lbs. and 5'3".

I'm 6'4" and 280 lbs.

Give me body armor, like I'm sure these cops had, and I'll tackle and restrain a 118 lb kid with a knife, no problem.

The point is LE, they were told what his condition was, what he had said he was going to do.

So, don't go charging in with guns and tasers drawn, looking to light somebody up. Try an alternate means, bring in the mother, talk to them, somebody suggested a counselor, just a quiet talk might do it.

I watched, back in the early 80's, down in the Florida Keys, the local constable "talk down" a man in the bar I was drinking in, that was waving around a .45 in Condition One. He quietly talked to him for about five minutes, calmed him down, took the weapon from him and "safed" it. A night in the drunk tank settled the issue and nobody got killed, nobody got shot, nobody went to jail for a gazillion years and the incident, so far as I know, never happened again.

It's called "de-escalation" and apparently they don't teach it to cops anymore.

And why should they, when policy says they have every right to just blow us away if things go the slightest bit sideways?

But hey, I'm not going to blame the cops here, they did what cops do: secured the scene with whatever force they deem necessary. That's the new fed training, that's the new circular "force continuum" that I have been ranting about for months now on here, securing the scene, establishing complete control and officer safety are the prime directives now, and if a few Mundanes get cut to ribbons in the process, well too bad, collateral damage and all.

No, the blame here lies with the un-informed mother who willfully invited these paid killers into her home.

Invite a bunch of thugs with guns into your house, that also happen to enjoy almost blanket and complete legal and civil immunity for any actions they may take, and this is what's going to happen, every time.

FFS, it's like inviting 100 teenagers into your house, giving them booze and dope at the front door and then wondering why your house got trashed.

Carehn
07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
No, the blame here lies with the un-informed mother who willfully invited these paid killers into her home.

Yep. I bet she feels so bad. Wish her the best and would never say it to her face but she is at partial fault for being a dumb ass.

Teaser Rate
07-10-2011, 09:09 PM
A mentally ill man determined to commit suicide attacks policemen with the hope that they kill him, and it's their fault he ends up dead?

Suicide by cop is not the police's fault.

I feel bad for everyone in the situation, I feel bad for the mentally ill man who didn't want to keep living, I feel bad for his poor mom who couldn't help him and I feel bad for the poor cops who were forced in the situation.

Life sucks sometimes.

Carehn
07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
A mentally ill man determined to commit suicide attacks policemen with the hope that they kill him, and it's their fault he ends up dead?

Suicide by cop is not the police's fault.

I feel bad for everyone in the situation, I feel bad for the mentally ill man who didn't want to keep living, I feel bad for his poor mom who couldn't help him and I feel bad for the poor cops who were forced in the situation.

Life sucks sometimes.

Cops suck and its always their fault.

Revolution9
07-10-2011, 10:21 PM

The Teaberry Shuffle? Ya gotta agree... these cops are examples of the swinest in flaw reinforcement.

Rev9

LibertyEagle
07-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Well, Anti-Fed, I agree with what you last said. They should have brought a shrink with them. They should have tried to talk him down. But, at this point, we are just speculating that they didn't do the latter.

I hate how our policemen have gone from peacekeepers to law enforcers. I detest how the federal government has gotten so entwined with our local police and fund police state actions. But, I also am not going to swipe them all with the same brush. There are still some good ones out there. Some who support Ron Paul. I am glad they are out there.

Johncjackson
07-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Never ever ever call the police. For anything. A lot of other decent people agree with me. You are just inviting violence into your life.

I'd even go so far as to agree with not "snitching", even though I understand that might seem crazy to most people.

The police have their own very effective "no snitching" program. They probably invented the idea. And they are as well armed and dangerous as any other gang, probably.

MJU1983
07-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Rule of thumb: don't call the police and don't ever talk to the police. It can't "help".

DamianTV
07-11-2011, 02:46 AM
People need to have a better understanding of WHY they shouldnt call the Police. Most of us just think that the Cops can behave just as dangerously towards us and leave it at that. But what really is happening is another form of Submission. When people call the Police for ANYTHING, they surrender any authority they have over a situation, where someone else "Makes the Call" on how to handle the situation. If people want to start taking responsibility for their lives and what happens in their country, it starts at home. Dont call the Cops, not because of what they can do, but because you surrender everything to someone else.

Come on people! Wake up! Wake up and "Smell the Ashes"! When you call the Cops, you are saying that you think someone else should know how to live your life better than you do. When you are responsible for yourself, you are responsible for EVERYTHING. There are a few reasonable exceptions to Do Not Call The Cops, and that falls under the category of "Life Threatening" usually. And usually, that call is to 911 and will be intended for Paramedics or the Fire Department, not a Cop, a Cop, that when he arrives at your house, is probably going to kill your dog, then FINE YOU for something. Thus, I think people also need to know when to read between the lines. Do Not Call The Cops Unless Your LIFE Is Going To End. And even then, be forewarned.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-11-2011, 03:11 AM
You know, every time I read "Polce," I thought it was a typo for police.
By the way, to be fair, the police DID cure his depression - for life!

coastie
07-11-2011, 03:18 AM

I'm 6'4" and 280 lbs.

Give me body armor, like I'm sure these cops had, and I'll tackle and restrain a 118 lb kid with a knife, no problem.

The point is LE, they were told what his condition was, what he had said he was going to do.

So, don't go charging in with guns and tasers drawn, looking to light somebody up. Try an alternate means, bring in the mother, talk to them, somebody suggested a counselor, just a quiet talk might do it.

I watched, back in the early 80's, down in the Florida Keys, the local constable "talk down" a man in the bar I was drinking in, that was waving around a .45 in Condition One. He quietly talked to him for about five minutes, calmed him down, took the weapon from him and "safed" it. A night in the drunk tank settled the issue and nobody got killed, nobody got shot, nobody went to jail for a gazillion years and the incident, so far as I know, never happened again.

It's called "de-escalation" and apparently they don't teach it to cops anymore.

AF- I'm about to make your day in the craziest way, hope you pop in here before you start your day.

Not that I'd EVER back up this guy, THIS is what you were talking about, THIS is how it should be handled... and this is not the first time he's done something like this as our county Sheriff....Every post i read here about the cops helping someone to death, I think back to what happened here a couple years ago...

As a disclaimer, this man is no friend of liberty by any stretch of the imagination. But this is a rare sight nowadays...

BAYOU GEORGE - Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen convinced a suicidal suspect with a 9 mm handgun to surrender during a tense standoff Thursday afternoon.

"He wanted to die. He wanted us to kill him," McKeithen said. "I told him today just wasn't his day to die."

McKeithen spent nearly two hours kneeling on the ground inches away from 28-year-old Daniel Jefferson Carroll as Carroll held the gun under his chin.

http://images.onset.freedom.com/newsherald/gallery/kixwp9-standoff01.jpg
Notice the sheriff has no gun in his hand....

Read more: http://www.newsherald.com/news/carroll-73838-mckeithen-county.html#ixzz1RmnztpEh

*slowly coming back, haven't been in a good place at all lately.:(

MelissaWV
07-11-2011, 04:58 AM
Well, Anti-Fed, I agree with what you last said. They should have brought a shrink with them. They should have tried to talk him down. But, at this point, we are just speculating that they didn't do the latter.

I hate how our policemen have gone from peacekeepers to law enforcers. I detest how the federal government has gotten so entwined with our local police and fund police state actions. But, I also am not going to swipe them all with the same brush. There are still some good ones out there. Some who support Ron Paul. I am glad they are out there.

I agree, however I think the saddest thing is the corner the mom was in. She was probably thinking that if they knew his intentions, they wouldn't rush at her son. She was probably hoping that they would do ... SOMETHING! to keep him alive. In the end, they did exactly what her son predicted/wanted.

I've had very good experiences with the police, but I know many others who call with this naive, blind faith that the police are trained how to fix their situation. It's usually not the case.

V4Vendetta
07-11-2011, 06:13 AM
very depressing story - she'll be in my prayers

fisharmor
07-11-2011, 06:21 AM

I'm 6'4" and 280 lbs.

Well, you're 6" taller and outweigh me by a hundred pounds, and even if it was YOU with the knife and me trying to get it away from you, I could easily do it without waxing you.

And no, I'm not some wizard fucking black belt MMA champion.
You get one guy to get a fucking dining room chair and lion tamer his ass while the other guys get a hold of his knife hand.
Does it seriously take Stephen fucking Hawking to come up with a scenario that doesn't involve murder?

This says several things about the police that John Q. never seems to put together correctly.

1) They are stupid.
2) They are ready to kill you at a moment's notice.
3) They are stupid.
4) They are incapable of processing whether or not killing you is the best option - it is always the second option (if it's not the first).
5) They are stupid.
6) They rely on indoctrination and training rather than situational judgment.
7) They are stupid.
8) They are incapable of working together in these situations toward a goal that doesn't involve murder.
9) They are stupid.
10) They are stupid.
11-100) They are stupid.

fisharmor
07-11-2011, 06:31 AM
I hate how our policemen have gone from peacekeepers to law enforcers.

Please provide evidence that this ever was the case.
I was reading in an NRA magazine a couple years ago about an old-west sheriff who was told by a saloon keeper that LEOs weren't welcome in his saloon, who proceeded to get a posse to enter and demand drinks and escalate the situation into the murder of the owner.

The peacekeeper idea is a myth. It never happened. They have always done what they are doing now.

Krugerrand
07-11-2011, 06:31 AM

It's the bad ones that give the other 5% a bad name.

Pericles
07-11-2011, 09:34 AM
I've always found it incredibly sick how the police treat people like terrorists for having any sort of weapon when they're the ones who are always walking around with guns, pepper spray, stun guns, and tazers.
Its like there are all of those dangerous criminals out there, and this is the only stuff we have to protect ourselves.

Smart people learn from the mistakes of others, then there are those that have to make their own mistakes ........

tropicangela
07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Well, you're 6" taller and outweigh me by a hundred pounds, and even if it was YOU with the knife and me trying to get it away from you, I could easily do it without waxing you.

And no, I'm not some wizard fucking black belt MMA champion.
You get one guy to get a fucking dining room chair and lion tamer his ass while the other guys get a hold of his knife hand.
Does it seriously take Stephen fucking Hawking to come up with a scenario that doesn't involve murder?

This says several things about the police that John Q. never seems to put together correctly.

1) They are stupid.
2) They are ready to kill you at a moment's notice.
3) They are stupid.
4) They are incapable of processing whether or not killing you is the best option - it is always the second option (if it's not the first).
5) They are stupid.
6) They rely on indoctrination and training rather than situational judgment.
7) They are stupid.
8) They are incapable of working together in these situations toward a goal that doesn't involve murder.
9) They are stupid.
10) They are stupid.
11-100) They are stupid.

That's how I've had to break my dogs up from fighting when they did, a dining chair between them.

romeno182
07-11-2011, 11:38 AM
fact is, if she had not called the cops, her son would probably still be alive.. but i have to say, some like this would NEVER happen here in europe, there would be an outrage

Krugerrand
07-11-2011, 11:44 AM
fact is, if she had not called the cops, her son would probably still be alive.. but i have to say, some like this would NEVER happen here in europe, there would be an outrage

a good time for this classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxHKOhlyi0&feature=related

Anti Federalist
07-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the positive story coastie, and know that all of us here, as much as we can, are pulling for ya', to get through this awful time in your life.

AF- I'm about to make your day in the craziest way, hope you pop in here before you start your day.

Not that I'd EVER back up this guy, THIS is what you were talking about, THIS is how it should be handled... and this is not the first time he's done something like this as our county Sheriff....Every post i read here about the cops helping someone to death, I think back to what happened here a couple years ago...

As a disclaimer, this man is no friend of liberty by any stretch of the imagination. But this is a rare sight nowadays...

BAYOU GEORGE - Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen convinced a suicidal suspect with a 9 mm handgun to surrender during a tense standoff Thursday afternoon.

"He wanted to die. He wanted us to kill him," McKeithen said. "I told him today just wasn't his day to die."

McKeithen spent nearly two hours kneeling on the ground inches away from 28-year-old Daniel Jefferson Carroll as Carroll held the gun under his chin.

http://images.onset.freedom.com/newsherald/gallery/kixwp9-standoff01.jpg
Notice the sheriff has no gun in his hand....

Read more: http://www.newsherald.com/news/carroll-73838-mckeithen-county.html#ixzz1RmnztpEh

*slowly coming back, haven't been in a good place at all lately.:(

Danke
07-11-2011, 12:00 PM

Exactly. If violent prisoner extractions ends up with no corpses, why can't these situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUfK5i_lQs&feature=player_embedded

AGRP
07-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Exactly. If violent prisoner extractions ends up with no corpses, why can't these situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watcedded

Good point.

On Jail, they're always concerned with suicides and if any hint of one comes up theyre placed in a paper gown and put on suicide watch. One officer said something to the words of "were liable for your safety and we cant allow you to hurt yourself."

Seems like theres a double standard between being in their custody and being a street mundane.

Brian4Liberty
07-11-2011, 12:07 PM

Prisoner extractions do sometimes end up with corpses.

Anti Federalist
07-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Missed that.

No shit!

Once again, it's the arrogance of power. Mundanes can't be involved, consulted, or even volunteer relevant information. If they even acknowledge a mundane, it's to tell them to go away or be physically assaulted. Mundanes are lower than prisoners in a prison to some of these officers.

"Step aside lady, we'll take care of your kid. We know all we need to know from a five word description from the dispatcher. Back off or we'll Taze you."

Freedom 4 all
07-11-2011, 02:50 PM
You know what I really hate? These stories used to shock the hell out of me and get me all riled up. Now police murder just seems so, to borrow a phrase, mundane. Tyranny and the constant war against what's left of civilian freedom has become routine. Not one part of this story surprises me even a little. I would have expected this outcome even if I didn't read the headline. I feel terrible for the mother, but part of me wants to just grab her and say "You called the cops, what the fuck did you THINK was gonna happen?!"