PDA

View Full Version : 150 US Congressmen Gave $1,000 Dollars To Prevent Ron Paul's Election.Career Politician?

S.Shorland
07-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Primary in 1996.Both Bushes were against him.The two Texas Senators were against him.

andrewjs18
07-10-2011, 04:48 PM
got a link for this?

KCIndy
07-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Ditto on the link request. Nothing surprises me at this point, and I would not be at all surprised if it's true, but in order for us to make any use of this we need to prove it to be a fact.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-10-2011, 05:17 PM
hello............link please.

tsai3904
07-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Found this pretty lengthy article about the 96 primary election between Ron Paul and Greg Laughlin. It seems like the entire political establishment was against Ron Paul.

http://www.ninomiya.org/libertarian/ronpaul_vs_laughlin.html

Republican leaders in Austin closed ranks behind Laughlin's primary bid, from newly-elected Gov. George W. Bush on down. Speaker Gingrich and Senators Gramm and Hutchison all came to the 14th to stump for their new-found friend; the National Republican Congressional Committee bolstered Laughlin's cause with phone banks and mailings. They also raised big bucks from other GOP members of Congress and from PACs, making an all-out effort to save their switcher.

Despite the deck stacked against him, Paul had a few aces up his sleeve. He too had allies, even more unlikely bedfellows than accompanied Laughlin. Baseball fireballer Nolan Ryan - a Refugio native and longtime ace for the Houston Astros and Texas Rangers - broke with his old boss, Gov. Bush (once the Rangers' managing partner) to become Paul's campaign chair.

kazmlsj
07-10-2011, 06:02 PM
If this can be verified - it should be made well known. If THEY did not want him, he must be doing something very right.

specsaregood
07-10-2011, 06:10 PM
If this can be verified - it should be made well known. If THEY did not want him, he must be doing something very right.

It is pretty well known already. What I found surprising was in Dr. Paul's new book he says there was vote fraud against him way back in the 1976 election.

KingRobbStark
07-10-2011, 06:15 PM
It is pretty well known already. What I found surprising was in Dr. Paul's new book he says there was vote fraud against him way back in the 1976 election.

No surprise there. There was also fraud in 2008. Don't you remember the boxes full of votes that were found floating in the river?

hillertexas
07-10-2011, 06:18 PM
No surprise there. There was also fraud in 2008. Don't you remember the boxes full of votes that were found floating in the river?

or buried in a lockbox in Reno?

acptulsa
07-10-2011, 06:19 PM

No I don't. I'm going to hit you up for a link too. We really, really need to volunteer for precinct duty, folks. Big time.

"I hope some of the men who got the most votes get elected."--Will Rogers

KingRobbStark
07-10-2011, 06:27 PM
No I don't. I'm going to hit you up for a link too. We really, really need to volunteer for precinct duty, folks. Big time.

I'll look, but I cant guarantee anything. It was over two years ago since I read about this particular incident.

S.Shorland
07-10-2011, 06:39 PM
I can't provide a link but it's true.I don't know if 150 US congressmen gave $1000 in total or $1000 each,however! Probably best to ask someone else.Maybe it will be helpful,maybe not but I really think it would be helpful to show how many cosy relationships he kicked hell out of that they didn't want him back that bad.That's Tea Party style with knuckle dusters.He fed them so much Constitution it burnt a hole in their guts.

gls
07-10-2011, 06:45 PM
This is interesting...

http://www.ninomiya.org/libertarian/ronpaul_vs_laughlin.html

Baseball fireballer Nolan Ryan - a Refugio native and longtime ace for the Houston Astros and Texas Rangers - broke with his old boss, Gov. Bush (once the Rangers' managing partner) to become Paul's campaign chair.