PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!!

RonPaul507
07-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm taking the bull by the horns and making sure Ron Paul has a booth in my upcoming county fair. The fair starts on the 25th and runs through the 31st. It's a pretty large fair est. attendance over 110,000. My big problem is: I'm pretty much a one man army when it comes to my area, I'm a poor college student and I don't have most of the materials necessary to make this effective. We got the national campaign to fund the entrance fee and insurance but now we need materials for it. I have access to large amounts of literature, a table, chairs, and electrical equipment for free. Other than that I've been looking at prices for banners, bumper stickers, lapel stickers, yard signs, pocket constitutions, shirts and hats. I really don't have 2 grand to drop on this stuff :/ I could really use some help.

ronpaulhawaii
07-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm gonna move this post to somewhere more visible. Thanks for grabbing the bull

krankt
07-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I can't offer anything for free or upfront, but I can print single color front and back white tees sizes small through X-large for $3.50 and as low as $3.25 as long as you pay shipping (actual shipping, no handling fee). For example, I can do 50 Tees for $170... which is $3.40 each if you do the math. That's at cost considering my hourly rate.

RonPaul507
07-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks krankt!, your the lowest price I've heard. If we decide to go that route I'll contact you.

amyre
07-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Do you have anything in mind for rack or issue cards? We may be able to help with printed material, but I need to know if you have something specific in mind.

RonPaul507
07-10-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm told we have large amounts of state specific literature for the event so that's not my main focus right now. Our main goal is to get names for caucus night. So we may end up cutting out some of the more spendy merch (shirts, hats, wrist bands) And buy something big and nice, like a kindle, to raffle off. Still could use a banner, stickers and yard signs tho.

po14015
07-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Email me through the site: RonPaulProducts.com

There is a reason everyone smiles when they see me coming at events. Let me know if you have a meetup group. I can't "give" you products. But I can "sponsor" your group and have products sent to you for doing so.

My suggestion from doing many, many events for Ron Paul is this:

Most people at a fair also want FREE products. They don't pay. So you may be able to move a few shirts, but I would guess that you would be lucky to sell more than 20-30. And shirts are an item people are very picky about wearing. Plus you need multiple sizes. If you are short on hands, shirts really are more of a distraction than they are worth.

Same with signs. Have a dozen or so. But people will want them for free, which isn't a problem if they would actually use them. But like the shirts, people will be taking them to use for all kind of different reasons that have nothing to do with Ron Paul.

I would say no to any hats.

The most important two items are a sign-up sheet and the flyer (aka slim jim). These are really cheap and many will be thrown away. You may laugh, but we set up a trash can around the corner where the people think we can't see them to try to save as many as we can.

And then what you really need are bumper stickers and maybe a handful of wristbands. These are cheap. A bumper sticker is $.17 and could lead to a very large impact.

The professional banner is a nice touch, but it isn't a must if you have some large signs from 2008.

The lapel stickers and buttons are nice and cheap. People can wear them around the fair grounds.

One item that I like, but I don't know if anyone sells is the Ron Paul balloons. People would carry them around and get a lot of impact.

Make sure to have large photos of Ron Paul. And several American Flags.

This is what one of our tables looked like in 2008:
http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/5/0/0/d/600_2180493.jpeg