PDA

View Full Version : The X/Y Factor (reposted here per Bryan's (Senior Moderator) request

Daveforliberty
06-12-2007, 12:32 PM
In my opinion, one of the primary reasons Ron Paul will win is that he will have a large amount of support from a huge, previously untapped voter base.

I am 50 years old, and I am absolutely amazed at what I am seeing. Young people, Generation X and Generation Y, are coming out of the woodwork to support Ron Paul. Most of these young adults have never voted before. They don't pay attention to the MSM and don't participate in their polls.

If the MSM somehow finds them, and the first screening question a pollster asks is: "Are you a registered voter?" The answer is no and the interview is over. But by the 2008 primaries, the answer will be different.

These young adults have not felt government has ever been effective, has ever done anything constructive, and has been the source of many of the world's woes. They have stayed away from the polls in droves, creating the mistaken impression that they don't care. The real reason they stayed away from the polls is they felt the fix was in, that their votes didn't count and most importantly, couldn't find anyone in the pool of snake-oil salesmen they could stomach.

I know this because I have four X/Y children myself and they, along with many of their friends, have told me.

But now they have discovered Ron Paul. And they do use the internet. Just look at the vast majority of postings and YouTube videos about Ron Paul. Young people! I told my wife the other day, "I don't believe it. Young people are going to save this country."

Interestingly, my wife, also 50, has always felt the same way, and has never voted. But for the first time, she will vote for President. "She has discovered a candidate that gives her hope. Guess who?

I believe the following groups will help Ron Paul win. The MSM won't see it coming and will be staggered by it. The neo-cons and their MSM talking heads will go nuclear and try to smear, lie, cheat, steal and do anything they can to help their annointed ones, but the American people are finally wising up to the lies. But it won't work.

1) Generation X and Y young adults (like my kids) who have never voted

2) People, like myself, who have always called themselves "independent" and have never voted a party line, will register Republican and vote for Ron Paul.

3) Disgruntled Republicans -- and there are millions. All they are lacking is being introduced to Ron Paul and his incredibly logical (and liberating!) positions.

4) Disgruntled Democrats (in non-party line primaries and the general election)

5) Older people like my wife who have never voted

Of course, this will require a lot of work on our part. There is no coasting into this election. The stakes are too high and the enemies are real and deadlier than a Rudy Giuliani boogey-man. I have never before given money to a candidate or put a bumper sticker on my car. Now I have done both. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this good man elected.

Addendum: My 83 year old mother watched the last debate on CNN. I asked her what she thought about it, and she said "Pretty lopsided, wasn't it?" meaning certain candidates got preferential treatment. Then I asked her what she thought of Ron Paul. She said, "He's the best thing I've ever seen out there." Quite the statement!

So we now have 3 generations in my family voting RP.

angrydragon
06-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Nice, anyone with common sense and a bit of logic will gravitate towards Ron Paul. He speaks like a normal person speaks.

austinphish
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
That's cool Dave - I completely agree, Ron Paul's message unites all Americans like never before. It is a true Revolution.

ScotTX
06-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Awesome, Dave! Couldn't have said it better myself. I am one of those Gen Xer's that have felt powerless. Ron Paul makes me feel like he would return power to the people and that's what scares the neo-cons and libs the most. As far as i'm concerned, they are the true enemies of America and our rEVOLution will destroy them before they can destroy our way of life, so long as we are all dilligent. I have also donated for the first time and put bumper stickers on my cars. I have also joined my local meetup and will be mobilizing to spread the word even more. God bless us all, and God bless Ron Paul.

ecliptic
06-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Without election reform - complete rejection of any and all electronic voting machines of any kind - it's still possible to lose an election you have actually won.

We need to understand that exit polling was never more than a few tenths of a percent off from actual results... until electronic vote counting began in earnest with the passage of HAVA. Suddenly we are supposed to believe that three- or four- percent difference is just some kind of "polling problem"... pay no attention to this, folks.... move along... nothing to see here...

WAKE UP AMERICA! Demand paper ballots and the repeal of HAVA.

Spirit of '76
06-19-2007, 10:12 AM
2) People, like myself, who have always called themselves "independent" and have never voted a party line, will register Republican and vote for Ron Paul.

True.

When I registered to vote 12 years ago, I registered as an independent and had remained so ever since. Last week, I registered as a Republican so I could vote for Ron Paul.

Unfortunately, I then found out that our state GOP will be holding some sort of closed convention (for the first time -- coincidence?) to elect the nominee. :(

LibertyEagle
06-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Spirit of 76:

I'm confused. They're not going to have a primary? If not, who do they say is going to "appoint" the nominee? What state are you in?

If they are in fact NOT going to have a primary, then all kinds of hell needs to be raised by someone. We need to be sure of the facts first though.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2007, 11:46 AM
WAKE UP AMERICA! Demand paper ballots and the repeal of HAVA.

Ok. Who is it within our state or local governments that handle this issue? Do you know? There is a job title for this person, because I was told it in the past, but I've forgotten now.

Spirit of '76
06-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Spirit of 76:

I'm confused. They're not going to have a primary? If not, who do they say is going to "appoint" the nominee? What state are you in?

If they are in fact NOT going to have a primary, then all kinds of hell needs to be raised by someone. We need to be sure of the facts first though.

I'm kind of confused, too. Here's the only public information they've released so far:

Dear Friends -

Welcome to the official website of the 2008 West Virginia Republican Presidential Convention! We're excited about West Virginia's important role in the 2008 Presidential Race, and this website is certain to be your one-stop shop to learn and to stay connected with West Virginia Republicans during this process.

The national political scene is changing rapidly and we in West Virginia are making big changes, too. The Republican Presidential candidate is selected through a process as the states select their delegates to the National Convention. While most states will be holding primaries on February 5, the earliest allowable date in accordance with Party rules, West Virginia is the only state that will be picking its delegates in a live, all-in-one-place, winner-take-all convention. And because we are hosting a convention instead of a primary, West Virginia will be the first state on "Super Duper Tuesday" to have a clear decision on who our nominee will be.

We also chose the convention format because it allows so many West Virginians to become personally involved in making this very important decision. Please get involved and stay tuned to this website for many exciting announcements about the Convention.

If you are a presidential candidate or part of a campaign, you will want to register to run, sponsor links as part of this site, and check back frequently to see messages from other campaigns.

The slates for national convention delegates will be named by the Presidential Candidates, so if you want to be a delegate to the national convention, you will want to contact the presidential campaign you support. The contact information for each campaign will be included on this site as soon as they register for the convention.

If you want to be a delegate to our State Convention, you'll need to register. After you register, you can encourage your friends to vote for you on-line in January or at a caucus meeting if your county is holding a caucus. Check this site for registration and schedule information.

If you are a West Virginia Republican who is as concerned about the future of this great country as I am, you should get involved. Consider becoming a delegate to the State Convention, and also be sure to vote on-line for the delegates who will best represent you. This site will be your one-stop shop for all the information you need!

The West Virginia Republican Presidential Convention IS an important step in selecting the next President of the United States, and I urge you to get involved and stay informed. We'll be unveiling more content on this site over the summer so be sure to sign-up for email updates so you'll be the first to know when new information is available.

Sincerely,

Bob Fish, CEO
WVGOP Presidential Convention, Inc.

http://www.wvgopconvention.com/

I registered to receive more information when it becomes available, but haven't heard anything yet.

Bryan
06-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Spirit, could you please start a topic on this in the Delegates / GOP forum?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

All you'd have to do is repaste what you just did.

Spirit of '76
06-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Spirit, could you please start a topic on this in the Delegates / GOP forum?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

All you'd have to do is repaste what you just did.

My pleasure. :)

Bryan
06-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you. :)