PDA

View Full Version : Did we miss this one? Paul comes in 5th at Conservative Leadership Conference in NV

Esoteric
07-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Washington Times: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/9/cain-beats-romney-twtconservative-leadership-confe/#disqus_thread

tsai3904
07-10-2011, 01:16 AM
That was the conference that was going to host the July 10 GOP debate but cancelled because Romney decided to skip it. Tickets to the conference were $50-$100 so it was packed with insiders.

Chowder
07-10-2011, 01:35 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!!

How the hell did the campaign missed that one? I don't understand they got tickets for RP supporters for the RSLC in New Orleans but they didn't get any tickets for RP supporters to vote in the Nevada Conservative Leadership Conference? This is a horrible blunder! Just horrible! I'm shocked! I don't know what to say! What the hell happened?!

Gage
07-10-2011, 01:40 AM
They didn't even announce this straw poll ahead of time.

Chowder
07-10-2011, 01:42 AM
So they just "sprung up" this poll in one day?

If so then this needs to be exposed. It's showing how the insiders are trying to wreck everything.

KingRobbStark
07-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Its a nonessential poll. Don't sweat it you guys.

realtonygoodwin
07-10-2011, 01:55 AM
One could argue how Ron Paul really does when we don't stack the deck for him at these.

One Last Battle!
07-10-2011, 02:15 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!!

How the hell did the campaign missed that one? I don't understand they got tickets for RP supporters for the RSLC in New Orleans but they didn't get any tickets for RP supporters to vote in the Nevada Conservative Leadership Conference? This is a horrible blunder! Just horrible! I'm shocked! I don't know what to say! What the hell happened?!

The conference was practically unknown and the tickets absurdly expensive. Winning would be incredibly inefficient with our money. We would probably have better spent it by burning it away in a public rally against the Fed.

No point wasting our time in these kinds of straw polls. We can deal with the high profile ones with cheaper admission, and they are the ones that count.

Esoteric
07-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Its a nonessential poll. Don't sweat it you guys.

When it gets a write-up in the Washington Times, it's not a non-essential poll.

ForLibertyFight
07-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Our #1 priority is to win the Ames Straw Poll.
Winning the straw poll will give us a huge momentum to the rest of the primary states.
we have to win it.

I've been calling Iowan voters with

www.IowaForRonPaul.com

and

www.rp2012.org
Anyone who isn't signed up and calling Iowans should do so immediately. It is crucial we get people to vote for Dr. Paul in the Ames Straw Poll.

Esoteric
07-10-2011, 03:59 AM
Our #1 priority is to win the Ames Straw Poll.
Winning the straw poll will give us a huge momentum to the rest of the primary states.
we have to win it.

I've been calling Iowan voters with

www.IowaForRonPaul.com

and

www.rp2012.org
Anyone who isn't signed up and calling Iowans should do so immediately. It is crucial we get people to vote for Dr. Paul in the Ames Straw Poll.

+1... Get your meetups together for the July 16th phone bomb via RP2012.org!

LibertyEagle
07-10-2011, 04:05 AM
+1... Get your meetups together for the July 16th phone bomb via RP2012.org!

That's great if you are calling Independents in Iowa with this, but please do not call Republicans. Some are already upset that they are being called numerous times and it is driving them away from attending the Straw Poll and even supporting Ron Paul.

The campaign and its volunteers are calling the Republicans.

ForLibertyFight
07-10-2011, 04:15 AM
That's great if you are calling Independents in Iowa with this, but please do not call Republicans. Some are already upset that they are being called numerous times and it is driving them away from attending the Straw Poll and even supporting Ron Paul.

The campaign and its volunteers are calling the Republicans.

The phonebanking system at rp2012.org is calling independents.

So if you haven't signed up, please do so, and began calling them asap.

because, I believe the Ames Straw Poll will decide the fate of Ron Paul's campaign.

tangent4ronpaul
07-10-2011, 05:15 AM
It must have been because there was no bus parking available, but the private jet park and limo parking was surely PACKED! take a look at this comment from near the top:

Look where his money comes from. He was a venture capitalist. He never built one company. He bought out dying companies against their assets, then tried flipping them to other investors at a profit. He threw his trust fund money around, and apparently made a few friends in high places while he was at it.

Here are his top donors:

Goldman Sachs $234,275

Citigroup Inc $178,200

Merrill Lynch $173,025

Morgan Stanley $170,350

Lehman Brothers $144,100

UBS AG $123,850

Bain Capital $123,150

Bain & Co $121,475

Marriott International $121,150

Not an insider?

Bruno
07-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Comments sound familiar?

TXBLONDIE
Yesterday 11:45 PM
Rick Perry is a RINO epitomized. Herman Cain is the real deal. Herman Cain is not a campaigner in chief like Perry and Obama. Can you please cover Mr. Cain? Why wouldn't you?
hide 2 replies reply

Susan G.
Yesterday 11:47 PM
I know - Mr Cain won and yet the article is dedicated to Perry who has not declared. How about some background on the WINNER and how surprising HIS placement is?

sailingaway
07-10-2011, 07:49 AM
One could argue how Ron Paul really does when we don't stack the deck for him at these.

Oh, please. When this was first raised, it was clear it was designed to showcase Cain and possibly Johnson -- who were the two speakers booked and the Daily Caller (which is pushing both) was going to have a 'debate' as part of it (again Cain and Johnson were the only candidates confirmed for the debate as well, with Cain headlining the accompanying event), but none of the other candidates confirmed to attend. Cain and Johnson spoke, so of course their supporters attended, but why would we? It was a nothing conference, the campaign clearly wasn't interested in it, and Ron wasn't attending.

sailingaway
07-10-2011, 08:20 AM
By the way, here is some coverage from Dallas media

Perry runs 3d in NV conservative straw poll that also favors pot legalization

concluding:

And more in the grain of salt category: 51 percent of the attendees support decriminalizing marijuana for personal use.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/07/perry-runs-3d-in-nv-conservati.html

LibertyEagle
07-10-2011, 08:25 AM
The phonebanking system at rp2012.org is calling independents.

So if you haven't signed up, please do so, and began calling them asap.

because, I believe the Ames Straw Poll will decide the fate of Ron Paul's campaign.

Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining.

I'm calling with IowaForRonPaul, but thanks. :)

Johncjackson
07-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Decriminalizing and regulating the possession of less than one ounce of marijuana won 51 percent of the votes cast.

Did you guys read that part? So a strawpoll where Ron finished 5th and Romney, Cain, and Perry dominated had a majority of voters who support at least some form of marijuana decriminalization. Yet, people here whine all the time about how Republicans are vehemently opposed to marijuana and that even mentioning pro-liberty beliefs is somehow political suicide.

Interesting, I think.