PDA

View Full Version : Mexican National Shouts ‘Viva Mexico!’ as He’s Executed in Texas

TheDrakeMan
07-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Fox News, July 7, 2011

As the lethal injection began taking effect, the Mexican National convicted of the brutal rape and killing of a teenage girl in 1995 shouted, “Viva Mexico!” just before he died at a Texas prison.

Efforts by Humberto Leal’s attorneys to halt the execution fell short, with the U.S. Supreme Court turning back a stay request and Texas Gov. Rick Perry refusing to grant a pardon. He was pronounced dead at 6:21 p.m. local time.

In his last minutes, Leal repeatedly said he was sorry and accepted responsibility.

“I have hurt a lot of people… . I take full blame for everything. I am sorry for what I did,” he said in the death chamber.

“One more thing,” he said as the drugs began taking effect. Then he shouted twice, “Viva Mexico!” at a Texas prison.

{snip}

Leal, who moved to the U.S. as a toddler, contended police never told him he could seek legal assistance from the Mexican government under the treaty—and that such assistance would have helped his defense.

Details of the murder were particularly gruesome.

Adria Sauceda, 16, his victim, was found naked by authorities, according to court documents.

“There was a 30- to 40-pound asphalt rock roughly twice the size of the victim’s skull lying partially on the victim’s left arm,” court documents read. “Blood was underneath this rock. A smaller rock with blood on it was located near the victim’s right thigh.”

A “bloody and broken” stick roughly 15 inches long with a screw at the end of it was also protruding from the girl’s vagina, according to the documents.

{snip}

Last Friday, the Obama administration asked the U.S. Supreme Court to stop Texas from executing Leal, asking the court to delay the execution for up to six months to give Congress time to consider legislation that would enforce the U.N. treaty.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/07/white-house-seeks-delay-mexican-mans-execution-as-supreme-court-mulls-case/

TXcarlosTX
07-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Ha. People yell out whatever it takes to get them ready to die.

osan
07-09-2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/07/white-house-seeks-delay-mexican-mans-execution-as-supreme-court-mulls-case/

Too bad they didn't cut his filthy tongue out prior to execution.

Good riddance.

dannno
07-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey, I know what we should do about this, we should get mad at Mexicans!

:confused:

eduardo89
07-09-2011, 09:31 PM

I volunteer to be the Mexican everyone on this forum gets angry at.

Andrew-Austin
07-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Moron. If Mexico is so great why'd you move to and stay in Texas?

You are responding to whose anger at Mexicans? Nobody's anger?

kah13176
07-09-2011, 09:34 PM
President Obama actually called Gov. Perry and asked him to acquit the animal of the death penalty!

QueenB4Liberty
07-09-2011, 09:39 PM
President Obama actually called Gov. Perry and asked him to acquit the animal of the death penalty!

Why would Obama do that? That's horrible. :(

ClayTrainor
07-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Always nice to see a rapist murderer get whacked.

BlackTerrel
07-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Moron. If Mexico is so great why'd you move to and stay in Texas?

You are responding to whose anger at Mexicans? Nobody's anger?

Seems like a random thing to write about - thread title. Who cares what he yelled?

BlackTerrel
07-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Will we see any blowback from Mexicans because of this?

teacherone
07-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Will we see any blowback from Mexicans because of this?

yup - they'll boycott all our produce AND refuse to pick it!

KingRobbStark
07-10-2011, 01:48 AM

I'm sorry. I dont know what you're saying. This is America. Speak. English. Or. GTFO.

KingRobbStark
07-10-2011, 01:49 AM

WTF? We still export stuff?

Pauls' Revere
07-10-2011, 01:54 AM

Perhaps an executive order could clear up that 9.2% unemployment rate.
;)

libertarian4321
07-10-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm sorry. I dont know what you're saying. This is America. Speak. English. Or. GTFO.

I assume you realize that the USA does NOT have an official language, nor are people required to speak any particular language?

Wren
07-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Why would Obama do that? That's horrible. :(

I *suspect* that it was purely a campaign move.

libertarian4321
07-10-2011, 05:04 AM

Umm, no, he did not.

Obama asked for a delay of the execution, not letting the guy go. That ain't an "acquittal."

The idea was that by executing a foreign national in the US, other nations might feel free to execute US citizens being held in their countries.

BTW, President Bush did the same thing a few years ago, for the same reason, with the same results.

osan
07-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Why would Obama do that?

Obammy wanted to save a kindred spirit.

That's horrible. :(

Obammy is just being what he is.

osan
07-10-2011, 09:59 AM

We should be so lucky.

pcosmar
07-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Mexican National Shouts ‘Viva Mexico!’ as He’s Executed in Texas

This is relevant,,how??

:(

Working Poor
07-10-2011, 10:30 AM

((((((((eduardo89))))) no not you

you are a good guy for being willing to take the heat.

I think there are entirely too many people blaming Mexicans for stuff we do.