PDA

View Full Version : 11-6 - local elections here in maine - ron paul tables set up!!!

sunny
10-31-2007, 09:51 AM
i don't know if this a nationwide or just varies by state at different times but this is what we're doing in maine.

on november 6 - next tuesday - we have the local elections statewide and the polls are open 8-8.

we have 8 meetup groups now and the push is on to contact your town, get a table and set it up with info about dr. paul.
i have checked with my town clerk and it is a statewide law that it is ok to do - the deal is that you can only speak with someone AFTER they have voted!

so if you have elections in your town you can probably do the same - call your town office and make sure you can get a table set up and go for it!

there are usually people there with petitions etc. in my town it's first come first serve for the space. in other towns you have to reserve a space.

each town is different!

so, this is a GREAT way to reach registered voters!
go for it!

BW4Paul
10-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Bump, what a great idea! I know that we're having local elections here soon (not sure when, as I've only recently moved to this town, and am not registered to vote in this city, yet), but I'll certainly call the town hall and check into this!

ross11988
10-31-2007, 11:16 AM
My group is already on top of this

sunny
10-31-2007, 11:19 AM
My group is already on top of this

cool!

Bradley in DC
10-31-2007, 11:37 AM
i have checked with my town clerk and it is a statewide law that it is ok to do - the deal is that you can only speak with someone AFTER they have voted!

In most places there would be some regulations against intimidating voters--do NOT be overly aggressive (that story would easily spin way out of control). In lots of places, the rules require you to be "X" number of feet from the entrance of the polling locatin.

libertythor
10-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Most often you have to be 50 ft. from the polling site. Research local laws whereever you are.

I am an elections poll worker every cycle, and I would apply the rules the same to everybody. Don't come not knowing the regs and end up arguing with elections officials please.