PDA

View Full Version : Feds: Pot has no medical purpose

Working Poor
07-09-2011, 06:31 AM
By Lori Preuitt

The federal government officially declared that marijuana has no accepted medical use and should remain classified as a dangerous and addictive drug. It will remain in the same class of drugs as heroin.

The Department of Justice declared Friday: "DHHS concluded that marijuana has a high potential for abuse, has no accepted medical use in the United States, and lacks an acceptable level of safety for use even under medical supervision."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43692468/

Seraphim
07-09-2011, 06:36 AM
lol

Who are they kidding?

By Lori Preuitt

The federal government officially declared that marijuana has no accepted medical use and should remain classified as a dangerous and addictive drug. It will remain in the same class of drugs as heroin.

The Department of Justice declared Friday: "DHHS concluded that marijuana has a high potential for abuse, has no accepted medical use in the United States, and lacks an acceptable level of safety for use even under medical supervision."

Bruno
07-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Then why have the Feds themselves have been growing, prescribing, and supplying it to people for more than 20 years?

I had the pleasure of opening a tin of 300 government joints from a patient at the steps of the Iowa Capitol building. That was one month's supply.

Bruno
07-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Last Updated: Tue, 01/11/2011 - 4:53pm
For three decades the U.S. government has a supplied a successful Florida stock broker with free marijuana as part of a “compassionate” drug program and the enraging details are available in his new book partially titled “How I Convinced the Federal Government to Provide my Marijuana.”

A local newspaper has published a profile of the 58-year-old, who regularly smokes his government-issued cannabis in his company’s parking lot, with the eye-catching headline; “South Florida Man Smokes Marijuana At Taxpayers' Expense.” Since the mid 1970s, Uncle Sam has sent him 300 marijuana cigarettes a month in a tin to manage the pain of a rare medical condition that so far hasn’t negatively affected his career or extracurricular activities like softball and sailing.

The free dope is part of a program conducted by the National Institutes on Drug Abuse (NIDA), a federal agency that’s determined marijuana abuse has physical risks and negatively affects educational outcomes, job performance and family. However, in the 1970s NIDA launched an Investigational New Drug Compassionate Access Program that supplies certain sick people with taxpayer-funded marijuana. This particular guy, Irvin Rosenfeld, boasts that he’s received about 120,000 joints in the past 29 years. *

Smoking 10 to 12 marijuana cigarettes a day eases the businessman’s pain and makes his joints more flexible, but incredibly it doesn’t interfere with his work or make him high. It’s still a mystery how he avoids criminal charges since its illegal to possess marijuana in Florida. Though it remains a federal crime, about a dozen states have legalized pot for medical purposes but Florida is not one of them.

In fact, various groups have tried unsuccessfully to obtain legislative sponsors to support legalizing marijuana and the movement has only managed to get about 26,000 of the 677,000 signatures required to put the issue on a ballot. Interestingly, the federal government still classifies the drug as a controlled substance with no legitimate medical uses though NIDA has committed $10 million to study the effects of local movements to legalize medical marijuana.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2011/jan/free-govt-pot-compassionate-drug-program

newbitech
07-09-2011, 07:10 AM
really? cause...

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional

This summary contains the following key information:

Cannabis has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years.
By federal law, the possession of Cannabis, also known as marijuana, is illegal in the United States.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved Cannabis as a treatment for cancer or any other medical condition.
Chemical components of Cannabis, called cannabinoids, activate specific receptors found throughout the body to produce pharmacologic effects, particularly in the central nervous system and the immune system.
Commercially available cannabinoids, such as dronabinol and nabilone, are approved for the treatment of cancer-related side effects.
Cannabinoids may have benefits in the treatment of cancer-related side effects.

newbitech
07-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Oh and I would also like to point out that the letter from the DEA cited in this official ruling is from Dec, 2006. Almost 5 years ago. Surely research on the potential for this drug to be a valuable medicine has progressed in the last 5 years?

December 6, 2006.
The Honorable Karen P. Tandy
Administrator, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.
Dear Ms. Tandy:
This is in response to your request of July 2004, and pursuant to the Controlled Substances Act
(CSA), 21 U.S.C. 811 (b), (c), and (f), the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
recommends that marijuana continue to be subject to control under Schedule I of the CSA.
Marijuana is currently controlled under Schedule I of the CSA. Marijuana continues to meet the
three criteria for placing a substance in Schedule I of the CSA under 21 U.S.C. 812(b)(l). As
discussed in the attached analysis, marijuana has a high potential for abuse, has no currently
accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and has a lack of an accepted level of
safety for use under medical supervision. Accordingly, HHS recommends that marijuana
continue to be subject to control under Schedule I of the CSA. Enclosed is a document prepared
by FDA's Controlled Substance Staff that is the basis for this recommendation.
Should you have any questions regarding this recommendation, please contact Corinne P.
Moody, of the Controlled Substance Staff, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Ms. Moody
can be reached at 301-827-1999.
Sincerely yours,
John O. Agwunobi,
Assistant Secretary for Health.

newbitech
07-09-2011, 07:20 AM
And what the hell is this?

The Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN), sponsored by SAMHSA, is a national
probability survey of U.S. hospitals with emergency departments (EDs) designed to
obtain information on ED visits in which recent drug use is implicated; 2003 is the latest
year for which complete data are available. Marijuana was involved in 79,663 ED visits
(13 percent of drug-related visits). There are a number of risks resulting from both acute
and chronic use of marijuana which are discussed in full below under Factors 2 and 6.

So go to the emergency room and get reported to a national database for potential drug abuse? This since 2003? WTF?

https://dawninfo.samhsa.gov/collect/collect_qas.asp#1

wow so they are actually sifting through every single emergency room case looking for evidence of drug abuse INCLUDING, dietary supplements. Eesshh...

Here is your map to see if your county is being monitored. Sorry if this is well known, I have just never seen and evidence of systemic monitoring of hospital visits.

https://dawninfo.samhsa.gov/images/MEJurisdictionMap.pdf

I mean damn, the "war on drugs" is basically funding medical spying that circumvents privacy at every level. How has this not been brought to the national spot light?

Bruno
07-09-2011, 07:22 AM
They ignore all evidence, including that they prescribe it themselves, and keep spewing the same propaganda crap. No one is buying the official story anymore.

Imaginos
07-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Sure.
The Earth is flat too.

MelissaWV
07-09-2011, 07:35 AM
currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States

That's all that needs to be read about that summary.

Something is not currently accepted until, well, it is! I do notice that it apparently gains efficacy once it leaves the United States.

Incidentally, there are any number of things that are awful for us and seem to have no real health benefit and they aren't banned (yet).

newbitech
07-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Here is something at least positive in the report.

The Gateway Drug Myth is just that, a Myth

Marijuana as a “Gateway Drug”
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) reported that the widely held belief that marijuana is a
“gateway drug,” leading to subsequent abuse of other illicit drugs, lacks conclusive evidence
(Institute of Medicine, 1999). Recently, Fergusson et al. (2005) in a 25-year study of 1,256
New Zealand children concluded that use of marijuana correlates to an increased risk of
abuse of other drugs, including cocaine and heroin. Other sources, however, do not support a 15
direct causal relationship between regular marijuana and other illicit drug use. In general,
such studies are selective in recruiting individuals who, in addition to having extensive
histories of marijuana use, are influenced by myriad social, biological, and economic factors
that contribute to extensive drug abuse (Hall and Lynskey, 2005). For most studies that test
the hypothesis that marijuana causes abuse of harder drugs, the determinative measure of
choice is any drug use, rather than DSM-IV-TR criteria for drug abuse or dependence (DSMIV-TR, 2000).
According to Golub & Johnson (2001), the rate of progression to hard drug use by youth
born in the 1970’s, as opposed to youth born between World War II and the 1960’s, is
significantly decreased, although overall marijuana use among youth appears to be
increasing. Nace et al. (1975) reported that even in the Vietnam-era soldiers who extensively
abused marijuana and heroin, there was a lack of correlation of a causal relationship
demonstrating marijuana use leading to heroin addiction. A recent longitudinal study of 708
adolescents demonstrated that early onset marijuana use did not lead to problematic drug use
(Kandel and Chen, 2000). Similarly, among 2,446 adolescents followed longitudinally,
cannabis dependence was uncommon but when it did occur, it was predicted primarily by
parental death, deprived socio-economic status, and baseline use of illicit drugs other than
marijuana (von Sydow et al., 2002)

newbitech
07-09-2011, 07:41 AM

Something is not currently accepted until, well, it is! I do notice that it apparently gains efficacy once it leaves the United States.

Incidentally, there are any number of things that are awful for us and seem to have no real health benefit and they aren't banned (yet).

From the report, here is the definition of that

However, FDA approval of an NDA is not the sole means through which a drug can be
determined to have a "currently accepted medical use" under the CSA. According to
established case law, a drug has a “currently accepted medical use” if all of the following
five elements have been satisfied:
a. the drug's chemistry is known and reproducible;
b. there are adequate safety studies;
c. there are adequate and well-controlled studies proving efficacy;
d. the drug is accepted by qualified experts; and
e. the scientific evidence is widely available.
[Alliance for Cannabis Therapeutics v. DEA, 15 F.3d 1131, 1135 (D.C. Cir. 1994)

Working Poor
07-09-2011, 07:42 AM
I wonder if there could be a voter referendum on this issue?

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2011, 08:18 AM
let me finish their statement:

FEDS: Pot Has No Medical Purpose... Because there isn't any Big Pharmaceutical Corporation controlling it's Profits and subsequent Campaign Donations to government from such profits.

FEDS: Pot Has No Medical Purpose... Because any mundane can easily grow it and government wouldn't have any control over it.

FEDS: Pot Has No Medical Purpose... Because it would take away the $100's of Billions in Judicial, Police, and Prison control complexes if made legal.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Well I guess the REAL PEOPLE that are gaining REAL BENEFICIAL RESULTS from cannabis must be figments of our imaginations ?!! ??!!

Those bastards deserve some feedback and then some !!!

Anyone heard of trigeminal neuralgia ? aka the suicide disease ( because people suffering from it often consider suicide over the excruciating pain ) ?

One of my closest friends suffers from this condition and only one thing helps, good ole mary jane. The effect is immediate and REAL.

Seriously people, with the amount of support mmj has, amongst patients and the understanding and compassionate public, and the dissillusionment with barrys wars and all the other BS, we have got the potential momentum to tip things our way. REALLY.

Strike the hammer while the iron is hot !!!

PineGroveDave
07-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Out here in CA, I've been witnessing an increase in raids and closures of dispensaries and small growers. In the pot growing community it's become evident that a "backlash" has begun. In the meantime, we've been witnessing some cities preparing for legalized grow-ops but the fees and licensing are so astronomical that only "big money" corporations could really do it. This has led me to believe that, once again, if pot is legalized, the system will be rigged to push out the little guys making way for big agra to step in. In this scenario the only ones making any money will be big agra and the government. I say (as well as others) "FUCK'EM!!" Keep it illegal and let the little growers keep their money. After all, they're assuming the risk. These growers are getting the pot into the right hands for people who not only need it for medicinal purposes, but also those who like it for recreational use.

stuntman stoll
07-09-2011, 08:49 AM
for that, I would like to see those in the dept of justice get cancer and suffer terrible pain, nausea, vomiting, and weight loss; but smoking a joint is off limits because it has no benefits.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-09-2011, 08:56 AM
The time is now folks, tell everone you know and get together.

PineGroveDave
07-09-2011, 08:59 AM
One more thing...

When my wife and I first met years ago, she was unable to work after suffering a spinal injury (an ottoman fell off a warehouse shelf from above and hit her directly on her head). The doctor(s) recommended spinal fusion which she refused (thankfully...I know people who's lives' have become worse from that surgery). So...They prescribed her opiates. I witnessed first hand what this shit was doing to her. She was constantly drowsy, her speech was "different" when on these meds and I couldn't really hold a decent conversation with her (she's usually a great conversationalist and very intelligent). However, I noticed that when she smoked pot, she was lively, coherent, on task, and pain free.

So, although I haven't smoked pot in over 30 years I suggested she dump the "pain meds" and smoke pot instead. It worked and I got my wife back. :)
It got a little expensive as time went on so I suggested she begin growing and the rest is history.

speciallyblend
07-09-2011, 09:00 AM
posted my comment Bottom line the federel government has 0 credibility. The federal government has become the domestic terrorists of america! My wife has 14 fused vertebrae has to take a line of drugs that could of killed her morphine being one of those. She had to take morphine for 3 yrs straight 24 hrs a day with 2 instants a day as well. What helped her? Cannabis Sativa, Marijuana Period. She now is off the morphine and still has to take some nerves meds etc etc but bottom line marijuana is medicine! It has 5000 yrs of history period! The fed government has 0 credibility on this so king george you no longer have credibility and the federal government is just as corrupt as the cartels!!

I pay the mob every year(the u s fed gov) aka my taxes! We need to reform the federal government asap or they are just king george! Obama/Bush 2012 Bendover?? Folks better think real quick and support Ron Paul 2012 reg republican vote and reform the federal government!!!!

Ron Paul 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdOsL4Xe7Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdOsL4Xe7Q

Sola_Fide
07-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Feds: Pot has no medical purpose

Me: The Federal Government has no purpose

jkr
07-09-2011, 09:05 AM
hEMp!

steph3n
07-09-2011, 09:24 AM

At least we know its the feds that have the market cornered on the magic mushroom consumption

steph3n
07-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Wait until Coke, PepsiCo, and ADM get their hands on the issue, then we'll learn how MJ/Hemp is such a miracle!

Remember that outlaw sweetener STEVIA? It's been used for 100's of years elsewhere but in the US until it had the blessing of Coke/PepsiCo/ADM it was a rogue toxic plant!

now since Purevia, Truevia and a few others have come into market been 'tested safe' and have their products coming on the market with the sweetener, they are the best thing to buy!

(I personally use Xylitol, yummy, but keep away from your dog as it actually reverses high blood sugars and can impact dogs to have EXTREMELY LOW blood sugar making other issues)

MartyMoose
07-09-2011, 09:35 AM
The time is now folks, tell everone you know and get together.

youre GD right

Imaginos
07-09-2011, 09:46 AM

qft.

moonshineplease
07-09-2011, 11:57 AM
guess im going to keep using it.

speciallyblend
07-09-2011, 12:17 PM
And what the hell is this?

So go to the emergency room and get reported to a national database for potential drug abuse? This since 2003? WTF?

https://dawninfo.samhsa.gov/collect/collect_qas.asp#1

wow so they are actually sifting through every single emergency room case looking for evidence of drug abuse INCLUDING, dietary supplements. Eesshh...

Here is your map to see if your county is being monitored. Sorry if this is well known, I have just never seen and evidence of systemic monitoring of hospital visits.

https://dawninfo.samhsa.gov/images/MEJurisdictionMap.pdf

I mean damn, the "war on drugs" is basically funding medical spying that circumvents privacy at every level. How has this not been brought to the national spot light?

their idea of abuse is anyone that tested positive for marijuana which does not = abuse, bottom the federal government is over in my eyes. Our government is no better then the british were.. the federal government is nothing more then a joke now!

coastie
07-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Well that's interesting, because:

THE US GOVT. HAS PATENTED MEDICAL MARIJUANA. U.S. Patent #6630507

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507.html

Absolutely. Fucking. Ridiculous.

erowe1
07-09-2011, 03:00 PM

Something is not currently accepted until, well, it is!

...until some company spends ~$1 billion on clinical trials to satisfy the FDA, which they will only do for a drug they can patent so as to recoup that cost.

steph3n
07-09-2011, 03:03 PM
...until some company spends ~$1 billion on clinical trials to satisfy the FDA, which they will only do for a drug they can patent so as to recoup that cost.
or food (in case of stevia)

erowe1
07-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Well that's interesting, because:

THE US GOVT. HAS PATENTED MEDICAL MARIJUANA. U.S. Patent #6630507

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507.html

I don't think that's completely accurate. It looks to me like they have awarded patents that make reference to that. But I don't think that any given use of a natural plant can be patented. Fortunately, unless I'm mistaken, IP laws haven't gone to that point yet. If it did ever happen, you'd see medical marijuana legalized throughout the US very quickly, while some major pharmaceutical company wins the patent on it and the right to sue anyone else who sells it.

heavenlyboy34
07-09-2011, 03:11 PM

+100000000000

VIDEODROME
07-09-2011, 03:27 PM
So what medical use does Tobacco have?

DamianTV
07-09-2011, 04:13 PM
By Lori Preuitt

The only real purpose that Pot is illegal is to Create Black Markets that undermine the basis of our Rights and Freedoms with the laws that result. For example, one only needs to be Accused that anything that you have was acquired with "Drug Money" and it is pretty much gone, forever. Now, lets move on to why Insurance Companies wont cover Vitamins and believe a bunch of other flat out lies while we are at it.

Working Poor
07-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I'll say it again damm you young folks don't listen,

Voter Referendum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendum) is the answer

speciallyblend
07-09-2011, 05:30 PM
as far as i am concerned the federal government no longer exists except as domestic terrorists!!

DamianTV
07-09-2011, 05:52 PM
I'll say it again damm you young folks don't listen,

Voter Referendum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendum) is the answer

Oh I get it! "Voter Reefer-endum"! Good One!

Working Poor
07-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh I get it! "Voter Reefer-endum"! Good One!

;)

Sam I am
07-09-2011, 08:24 PM
By Lori Preuitt

Marijuana is on it's way to becoming legal. In 10 to 15 years, I'll bet that it becomes legal for medical use, and It will probably become legal for recreational use within my lifetime.

speciallyblend
07-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Marijuana is on it's way to becoming legal. In 10 to 15 years, I'll bet that it becomes legal for medical use, and It will probably become legal for recreational use within my lifetime.

already legal in colorado and after this article and the federal government.. they no longer exist! the federal government is already the laughing stock of the world!! they have 0 Credibility. snip cut whatever the federal government is pathetic!!

eduardo89
07-09-2011, 08:59 PM
They could at least recognize it's sleeping agent properties.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-09-2011, 09:03 PM

It is tragic to hear people state that mj legalization is a minor issue.

It is in fact not seperate from every major issue that is facing us today.

It is about abolishing a corrupt system that dictates how we will live our lives.

PineGroveDave
07-09-2011, 09:16 PM
You all do understand that under the current "Status Quo", if pot was to become legal the only entities that would make money would be the government "fat cats" and their cronies in Big Agra/Pharma, yes?

All the growers that I know in Mendo and Humboldt(substantial) would be driven out of business by big agra. I hope it remains illegal. If the relationship between the conglomerates and Washington were to change, I would reconsider my stance...until then...Fuck DC and fuck big agra/pharma. I want the money in the hands of the little guys.

AGRP
07-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Well, this is certainly interesting. If theres no medical purpose, then what is it? If its not harmful; not anymore harmful than alcohol, then what is it? What is it if it doesn't have medicinal qualities?

By them stating that there is no medical purpose, then they are by defacto stating its a harmless substance that has no effect on the user; so there is no reason for it to be illegal.

Even alcohol has several medicinal purposes.

speciallyblend
07-09-2011, 10:17 PM
They could at least recognize it's sleeping agent properties.

that really depends on the strains, some strains are the opposite and wake you up!!

speciallyblend
07-09-2011, 10:18 PM
You all do understand that under the current "Status Quo", if pot was to become legal the only entities that would make money would be the government "fat cats" and their cronies in Big Agra/Pharma, yes?

All the growers that I know in Mendo and Humboldt(substantial) would be driven out of business by big agra. I hope it remains illegal. If the relationship between the conglomerates and Washington were to change, I would reconsider my stance...until then...Fuck DC and fuck big agra/pharma. I want the money in the hands of the little guys.

grow your own, i careless about cartels,dealers or the government!!

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-09-2011, 10:23 PM

That is why what Ron and friends are trying to do here is so important.

PineGroveDave
07-09-2011, 10:30 PM
grow your own, i careless about cartels,dealers or the government!!

I do...Not everyone can grow their own. We know many growers that care for folks who are incapable of doing so. If the government and big agra gets involved...they're fucked. I care.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-09-2011, 10:38 PM

California is a bit different from the rest of the country. Lots of people all over the country still wake up to no knock raids over this shit, and have property confiscated as well.

ClayTrainor
07-09-2011, 10:49 PM

hahahhaa... fucking perfect response!

PineGroveDave
07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
California is a bit different from the rest of the country. Lots of people all over the country still wake up to no knock raids over this shit, and have property confiscated as well.

They are raiding dispensaries and arresting people almost daily out here now. There is a clear backlash going on. It's not as different as you may think. I can provide "tons o' links" to the raids and arrests if you'd like.

libertybrewcity
07-09-2011, 10:53 PM
News Flash

American People: The Feds have no purpose

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-09-2011, 10:59 PM

If left unchecked the feds will stop at nothing to get their way.

That way is ususlly their friends way.

Who has interests to keep mj illegal ?

Lots of big names, from the prison complex to big pharma.

If we don't put an end to this now, the raids and terror being inflicted upon our citizens, will get worse.

That is the nature of the state... they will stop at nothing.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-10-2011, 12:51 PM
They are raiding dispensaries and arresting people almost daily out here now. There is a clear backlash going on. It's not as different as you may think. I can provide "tons o' links" to the raids and arrests if you'd like.

I'm not saying it's great there. I'm not saying you aren't getting some federal harassment. I'm just saying a lot of people are less scared of big farming operations than getting their doors kicked in by law enforcement. At least sick people there can use medication, I thought. There are only 14 or so states where that is possible. The rest of the states are also filled with local and state law enforcement that will kick down doors whenever they feel like it, and many make a living at it. Maybe you might be able to tolerate the amount of harassment you're getting, but a lot of people can't.

Carehn
07-10-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't care. I smoke it to get high. Its very useful in my life. Like having a glass of wine after work or something.

why does it have to have a purpose? Why did all the pot people frame the debate around trying to prove to the government that pot is somehow responsible or healthy or will increase revenue?

The argument should be that i want to smoke it and who the hell are you to tell me i cant?

I smoke pot to get high. Simply recreational. Sometimes i even smoke pot and drive my car!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Working Poor
07-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I found this interesting government funded study on marihuana done in 1972

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/studies/nc/ncmenu.htm

COpatriot
07-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't care. I smoke it to get high. Its very useful in my life. Like having a glass of wine after work or something.

why does it have to have a purpose? Why did all the pot people frame the debate around trying to prove to the government that pot is somehow responsible or healthy or will increase revenue?

The argument should be that i want to smoke it and who the hell are you to tell me i cant?

I smoke pot to get high. Simply recreational. Sometimes i even smoke pot and drive my car!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Repped.

fisharmor
07-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Repped.

Likewise.
Been there. Done it.
I don't smoke and drive because it fucking terrifies me and I don't find it fun.
Not because of safety issues or because Johnny doesn't think it's a good idea.

AFPVet
07-10-2011, 03:11 PM
The Constitution says nothing about prohibiting recreational drugs—except alcohol—and that was amended following prohibition. The federal government can only do what the Constitution says... if they don't, they have no purpose!

Contumacious
07-10-2011, 03:21 PM
By Lori Preuitt

The authority to prevent us from self medicating and to delineate what we should consider when pursuing our happiness was specifically enumerated by the Constitution.

As always, Heil Hitler.

.:rolleyes:

Carehn
07-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Likewise.
Been there. Done it.
I don't smoke and drive because it fucking terrifies me and I don't find it fun.
Not because of safety issues or because Johnny doesn't think it's a good idea.

Truth is it does the same to me. I'm just fine driving but i don't like to Poke a Mole and then drive around town because i get paranoid about the man. but when im not in town or its been like an hour its not a big deal. Just posted that for the shock value. A day or so back they had a drunk driving thread and it brought the statist out in many forum members.

May be going overboard with the simpson clips but this one must be posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dbDJzDV1CM

acptulsa
07-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Who says the fedgov has no purpose? DHR is smarter than that:

Who has interests to keep mj illegal ?

Lots of big names, from the prison complex to big pharma.

Now if we could just limit it to its Constitutionally stated purpose, we might just be free. But then, we all know why we're here already, don't we..?

Napoleon's Shadow
07-11-2011, 05:29 PM
let me finish their statement:

FEDS: Pot Has No Medical Purpose... Because there isn't any Big Pharmaceutical Corporation controlling it's Profits and subsequent Campaign Donations to government from such profits.

FEDS: Pot Has No Medical Purpose... Because any mundane can easily grow it and government wouldn't have any control over it.

FEDS: Pot Has No Medical Purpose... Because it would take away the $100's of Billions in Judicial, Police, and Prison control complexes if made legal.
In 1937 the American Medical Association testified before Congress during the prohibition bill hearing and said "The AMA does not know marijuana to be a dangerous drug" - William Woodward.

Read up on the actual "debate" and voting process of this bill, Ron's book "Manifesto" discusses it in depth. It's pretty atrocious what Congress rammed through although not surprising.

acptulsa
07-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Shhhhhh! We don't want to offend any fifty year old Republicans. They vote more than stoned kids do.