PDA

View Full Version : Why do we support the media?

Johnca
07-08-2011, 06:38 PM
We know that the media and those who own it are obviously against us so why do we watch that crap? I cancelled my cable and I have never made a better decision in my entire life! Seek alternative sources for news and information via the internet. RT news seems to be pretty good, Glenn Beck is creating an online television network, and just plain search the web for alternative sources. Entertain yourselves in another way, spend more time with your family and friends, get back into reading books. Join me in ending this monopoly on the media! Cancel your cable and save yourself some money and keep your sanity.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't support the media with my money. That said, I am going to college to become a journalist to take them on from the inside.

asurfaholic
07-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't know if there is any way that I can support them less. There is no alternative news on the TV, so if you are going to watch news, you are watching them. On the internet there are alternative news sites, but if the move to create internet censorship keeps moving the direction that its going, then our alternative news will be gone soon.

Media is a powerful force, as are most mega corporations. They have huge money, and huge influence. They control the people, they are not going to go away on their own.....

jm1776
07-08-2011, 07:40 PM
We know that the media and those who own it are obviously against us so why do we watch that crap? I cancelled my cable and I have never made a better decision in my entire life! Seek alternative sources for news and information via the internet. RT news seems to be pretty good, Glenn Beck is creating an online television network, and just plain search the web for alternative sources. Entertain yourselves in another way, spend more time with your family and friends, get back into reading books. Join me in ending this monopoly on the media! Cancel your cable and save yourself some money and keep your sanity.

+1

wowrevolution
07-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Ideas to fight them?

The only way to beat them is to bankroll an acceptable alternative and dedicate our lives and fortunes to insuring it's success.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-17-2011, 12:53 AM
start by unsubscribing

why pay to be lied to ?

The Free Hornet
08-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Yes, I cancelled Dish network. My advice, a Roku player is great as it costs $50-$99 and it can be activated without a credit card (if you call and complain, which is a pain but worth it). Also, I have an OTA (over the air) HD DVR. The antenna was easy to mount and was a purchase made years ago. That DVR is a Channel Master CM-7000PAL: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1251820 It was a pricey $300 but will save money by not having a monthly bill any more (this version DVR has software, control, and a feel very much like the Dish network DVR).

Stossel is available on Hulu.
The Journal Editorial Report has been on Roku (about a day after airing) as are MANY broadcast network weekly shows (like Fox News Sunday).

Does someone know how to get The Judge (Napolitano)? I am supporting shows individually but there is no check that goes out monthly to support the MSM (including Fox).

I'll be adding a small, nearly silent PC to my HDTV setup for Hulu (nothing beats being able to lie down on a couch and watch something).

Increasingly, I watch more of what people post here.

Dianne
08-17-2011, 02:52 AM
First thing we should do is stop worrying about the media. These "pretender" journalists will never give Ron Paul coverage. We need to attack the issue on our own, through flyers, ads, etc.

What the Obama owned Fox News, CNN and MSNBC does not want you to know. Out of the republican field, Ron Paul has the best chance of beating Obama (then show poll stuff). We need to marginalize the media and expose them for the illuminati they are.

Really, Murdoch right now is cutting deals with the Justice Department to save his ass. Get it out there !!!!! Be honest about it.

The Free Hornet
08-17-2011, 03:14 AM
This link (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/03/14/cable-news-fox-news-most-profitable-edging-cnn-headline-news-combined-far-ahead-of-msnbc/44944/) shows that Fox, CNN, and MSNBC get about half their revenues from subscriber fees (from the cable/dish companies) and about half from ad revenue.

To resume my rants against Fox News Watch,

I am presently disgusted with Jim Pinkerton's so-called "bias bash" here (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-watch/index.html#/v/1110957381001/bias-bash-gop-candidates-in-iowa/?playlist_id=158704). Pinkerton offers that his wife works for Bachmann and he plagarizes and repeats the "top tier" opinion (but stated as fact) and omitting ALL MENTION of Ron Paul. His cohort, Judy Miller, only references Ron Paul indirectly as "The number Two". I shit you not.

Pinkerton quotes about other candiates (Ron Paul is not mentioned by name): "let's not forget" "Johnson", "Carter"?, "Mr Cain", "a huge field", "Santorum", "it's basically down to 3", "a 3 way race", "admitting my own bias for Bachmann".

Words cannot express what fucking, shameless, worthless whores Jim Pinkerton and Judy Miller are. I am sorry you had to heard this and if it shocks you, I offer my apologizes. A whore is someone who does sexual favors for money. That is what Jim Pinkerton and Judy Miller are. Sorry.

BucksforPaul
08-17-2011, 04:13 AM
This link (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/03/14/cable-news-fox-news-most-profitable-edging-cnn-headline-news-combined-far-ahead-of-msnbc/44944/) shows that Fox, CNN, and MSNBC get about half their revenues from subscriber fees (from the cable/dish companies) and about half from ad revenue.

To resume my rants against Fox News Watch,

I am presently disgusted with Jim Pinkerton's so-called "bias bash" here (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-watch/index.html#/v/1110957381001/bias-bash-gop-candidates-in-iowa/?playlist_id=158704). Pinkerton offers that his wife works for Bachmann and he plagarizes and repeats the "top tier" opinion (but stated as fact) and omitting ALL MENTION of Ron Paul. His cohort, Judy Miller, only references Ron Paul indirectly as "The number Two". I shit you not.

Pinkerton quotes about other candiates (Ron Paul is not mentioned by name): "let's not forget" "Johnson", "Carter"?, "Mr Cain", "a huge field", "Santorum", "it's basically down to 3", "a 3 way race", "admitting my own bias for Bachmann".

Words cannot express what fucking, shameless, worthless whores Jim Pinkerton and Judy Miller are. I am sorry you had to heard this and if it shocks you, I offer my apologizes. A whore is someone who does sexual favors for money. That is what Jim Pinkerton and Judy Miller are. Sorry.

No need to be sorry for telling the truth. +rep to you sir and I cancelled my cable back in 2007 when the media did the same thing to Dr. Paul. I have not made a better decision in my life and I get my news from ronpaulforums, lewrockwell, and a few other sites.

Dianne
08-17-2011, 05:35 AM
Although don't forget to get Cafferty's ratings up, lol. CNN's Wolf Blitzer.