PDA

View Full Version : Visit Iraq?

evadmurd
10-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know if RP has made a trip to Iraq? Whether or not he has or not, I wonder if it may be a good thing for him to do. Seeing how he is getting strong military support, do you think it could help it or hinder it?

My only concern would be risk, but I think most of the other congressional candidates running have been there (I think).

Could be cool to go over there and talk to his supporters (who are there), and win some others.

Thoughts?

Grandson of Liberty
10-31-2007, 08:57 AM
I don't believe it's a good idea. After he's elected, fine, but not until then.

ClayTrainor
10-31-2007, 09:00 AM
I don't believe it's a good idea. After he's elected, fine, but not until then.

what makes you say that?

i think it'd be good PR, i mean, these men support him more than any other candidate do they not?

nullvalu
10-31-2007, 09:04 AM
No I don't like the idea. It's too "politiciany".. Like a blatant exploit of the troops.. To me it'd be like saying "sorry you guys are here - i'm leaving tomorrow - but i'm gonna use this opportunity to further my career, will you pose for a picture with me?"

conner_condor
10-31-2007, 09:05 AM
what makes you say that?

i think it'd be good PR, i mean, these men support him more than any other candidate do they not?

He would get whacked.... Plain and simple and the Ron Paul will not be a wrench im their machine.. He wouldn't make it back.. He should go after he removes the tropps though.. I would feel better if he went to Iran. He would be safer.

KewlRonduderules
10-31-2007, 09:15 AM
:oI was just thinking the same thing.

Omnis
10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
I'd rather Ron Paul meet all the troops at home instead of in Baghdad.

Elwar
10-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Iraq sucks. Don't ever go there.

Ever.

Ozwest
10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Get the "Low Down" in the Green Zone... He has done quiet work for Veterans, and they respect him for it.

kylejack
10-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Please note: RON PAUL HAS NEVER TAKEN A CONGRESSIONAL JUNKET.