PDA

View Full Version : File under: Do not talk to cops.

Anti Federalist
07-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Or feds, or "officials" or Congress.

Invoke the Fifth.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Nothing you say to any government jackass can help you.

It can only land you in jail.

Ask Martha Stewart, that Anthony woman, and now, Roger Clemens.

What to know about Clemens' trial

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_mccann/07/04/clemens.trial/index.html?xid=shareFB

The case centers on whether Clemens knowingly lied before Congress in February 2008 when he stated, without equivocation, that he never used steroids, Human Growth Hormone (HGH) or any other illegal performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs).

Led by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Daniel Butler and Steven Durham (who prosecuted Miguel Tejada for lying to Congress regarding PEDs and obtained a misdemeanor guilty plea), prosecutors will maintain that Clemens repeatedly lied. They intend to prove that through a mix of witnesses, including Clemens' former trainer, Brian McNamee, and former teammate, Andy Pettitte, and physical evidence, including syringes and other drug paraphernalia that allegedly connect Clemens' DNA to substances he denies using.

flightlesskiwi
07-07-2011, 08:18 PM
The case centers on whether Clemens knowingly lied before Congress in February 2008 when he stated, without equivocation, that he never used steroids, Human Growth Hormone (HGH) or any other illegal performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs).

Led by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Daniel Butler and Steven Durham (who prosecuted Miguel Tejada for lying to Congress regarding PEDs and obtained a misdemeanor guilty plea), prosecutors will maintain that Clemens repeatedly lied. They intend to prove that through a mix of witnesses, including Clemens' former trainer, Brian McNamee, and former teammate, Andy Pettitte, and physical evidence, including syringes and other drug paraphernalia that allegedly connect Clemens' DNA to substances he denies using.

because roger clemens and steroids are so damn relevant, the .gov decides to spend oodles of fiat that was confiscated from taxpaying americans in order to somehow "taint" this man's "sports legacy".

*$%ing idiots.

specsaregood
07-07-2011, 08:22 PM
yeah, i think we are gonna need another filing cabinet for this one.

AGRP
07-07-2011, 08:33 PM
They're walking prosecutors.

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Mark McGwire became my hero when he invoked the 5th during that charade of a Congressional witch hunt.

And it really pissed me off when he was almost unanimously criticized when he did that. Who's laughing now?

Anti Federalist
07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Mark McGwire became my hero when he invoked the 5th during that charade of a Congressional witch hunt.

And it really pissed me off when he was almost unanimously criticized when he did that. Who's laughing now?

Did he?

Good for him.

heavenlyboy34
07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I never heard why the hell congress even considered the issue of steroids in baseball. WTF? There have been rumors of US olympic athletes taking performance enhancing drugs...why no congressional hearings about that?

Anti Federalist
07-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I have not posted "The Video" in a while.

No time like the present:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Did he?

Good for him.

It was a proud day for America, although sporting world consensus said that it was a disgrace. All of the players facing perjury charges since then might re-think it. Then again, probably not. :(

ghengis86
07-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I have not posted "The Video" in a while.

No time like the present:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Never gets old. A must watch

Anti Federalist
07-07-2011, 10:04 PM
It was a proud day for America, although sporting world consensus said that it was a disgrace. All of the players facing perjury charges since then might re-think it. Then again, probably not. :(

Silence, Mundane!

Do you not know that in the New Amerika, you are supposed to cheerfully denounce your own self to the authorities?

Dr.3D
07-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Silence, Mundane!

Do you not know that in the New Amerika, you are supposed to cheerfully denounce your own self to the authorities?

That's pretty much what feel like I'm doing, every time I contact my congressman.

Philhelm
07-07-2011, 10:13 PM
"They" lie to us with impunity. But don't dare lie to them, our lordly masters, or they will use the full force of government against you.

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Silence, Mundane!

Thank you for the reminder Brother Prole! It was doubleplusungood for McGwire to engage in such crimethink. As for me, I <3 Big Brother! :)

mport1
07-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I can't think of any situations in which I would ever talk to a cop. They are not there to help/protect you, they are there to arrest and charge you.

heavenlyboy34
07-07-2011, 10:32 PM
I once talked to a cop, but it was in regards to someone else who was committing fraud at my college. Nothing happened to me-but, knowing what I know now about cops, I would have been more cautious. Probably would've had a lawyer present and such.

mport1
07-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I once talked to a cop, but it was in regards to someone else who was committing fraud at my college. Nothing happened to me-but, knowing what I know now about cops, I would have been more cautious. Probably would've had a lawyer present and such.

I'd have to have some really bad crime committed against me like LOTS of stolen money to ever contact the cops nowadays. It is very possible they will make your situation much worse. And as you said I'd definitely have a lawyer present and have everything video recorded.

Dr.3D
07-07-2011, 11:07 PM
They now have programmed kids to call the cops. I've seen it more than once, where they are telling kids to just dial 911 and everything will be just fine.

I know of one family that was having an argument and their youngest child dialed 911 without even consulting his parents. The cops showed up and hauled one of the parents off to jail for the night. When they finally let that parent out of jail, that parent was told not to go back home and to find some place else to stay. Well, in the end, it ended up with the parents getting a divorce, since they were not allowed to reconcile the situation between themselves.

mport1
07-07-2011, 11:20 PM
They now have programmed kids to call the cops. I've seen it more than once, where they are telling kids to just dial 911 and everything will be just fine.

It's disgusting. I have heard a ton of stories of them telling kids to rat on their parents for drugs or other such "crimes." The cops then come, throw the parents in jail, take their kids and put them in foster care.

Thank god for great people getting the word out about how to interact with cops and doing whatever is possible to attempt to hold them accountable:
Cop Block (http://copblock.org/)
Orlando Cop Watch (http://orlandocopwatch.com/)

Anti Federalist
07-07-2011, 11:50 PM
It's disgusting. I have heard a ton of stories of them telling kids to rat on their parents for drugs or other such "crimes." The cops then come, throw the parents in jail, take their kids and put them in foster care.

Thank god for great people getting the word out about how to interact with cops and doing whatever is possible to attempt to hold them accountable:
Cop Block (http://copblock.org/)
Orlando Cop Watch (http://orlandocopwatch.com/)

Funny you should mention that:

12 And 13-Year-Old Kids Turn In Dad For Marijuana Possession Say Police

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/06/kids-turn-in-dad-marijuana_n_891379.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

07/ 6/11 11:38 AM ET

SALT LAKE CITY -- Authorities say a Utah man was arrested after his two children called police to report that he had marijuana in the house.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports the man was charged Tuesday with two third-degree felony charges of child endangerment and one class B misdemeanor accusing him of possession of a controlled substance.

The man's name wasn't reported.

The newspaper says the man was found to have 23.9 grams, or almost an ounce, of marijuana in his Salt Lake City home.

Authorities say his children, ages 13 and 12, found the drug and called police.

lynnf
07-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Or feds, or "officials" or Congress.

Invoke the Fifth.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Nothing you say to any government jackass can help you.

It can only land you in jail.

Ask Martha Stewart, that Anthony woman, and now, Roger Clemens.

What to know about Clemens' trial

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_mccann/07/04/clemens.trial/index.html?xid=shareFB

good advice - when you invoke the 5th, they will likely say "that only applies if you are arrested (or charged)" globaloney! if that were true, the 5th would be worthless since you would be required to confess BEFORE you are arrested or charged, thereby making invoking the 5th afterwards to be null and void. they will lie and try to confuse you, just don't talk to them!

flightlesskiwi
07-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Funny you should mention that:

12 And 13-Year-Old Kids Turn In Dad For Marijuana Possession Say Police

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/06/kids-turn-in-dad-marijuana_n_891379.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

07/ 6/11 11:38 AM ET

SALT LAKE CITY -- Authorities say a Utah man was arrested after his two children called police to report that he had marijuana in the house.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports the man was charged Tuesday with two third-degree felony charges of child endangerment and one class B misdemeanor accusing him of possession of a controlled substance.

The man's name wasn't reported.

The newspaper says the man was found to have 23.9 grams, or almost an ounce, of marijuana in his Salt Lake City home.

Authorities say his children, ages 13 and 12, found the drug and called police.

this reminds me of a story i was told when i was a kid about north korea. how little north korean school children were shown bibles and told that they should be on the lookout for such books in their homes. they were to report to the school if they saw their family in possession of said book. several did and their parents were taken never to be seen again.

now, i don't know if there is any truth to this story. but it occurred to me a couple years ago while i was watching a particular "children's" tv channel and they were espousing "green" ideas such as turning the water off while you brush your teeth and making sure the lights are turned off if you aren't in the room and even went so far as to explain what temperature your home cooling/heating system should be set. it all seemed innocuous. anyway it occurred to me that my children could very easily be indoctrinated to "report" such "parental violations" to "school authorities".

Velho
07-08-2011, 09:31 AM
It's common sense not to talk to the cops if you or someone you know has done something they don't like, and you don't want yourself or others to get in trouble. On TV the cops are supermen who almost always find some physical evidence to solve the case, while in reality people get caught because someone was too stupid to keep their mouth shut.

oyarde
07-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah , nothing to be gained , everything to lose , the " false informing " thing .

Anti Federalist
07-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Judge Declares Mistrial In Roger Clemens Perjury Case

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/07/14/judge-in-roger-clemens-perjury-case-declares-mistrial/comment-page-2/#comment-263465

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork / AP) — The judge presiding over Roger Clemens’ perjury trial has declared a mistrial over over inadmissible evidence shown to jurors that could have prejudiced them against the former Yankees star.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Someones talking to them satisfies them enough to let you go, but I do agree. It's best just to STFU.