PDA

View Full Version : RP Wins Conservative Christian Poll!

Matt Collins
07-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Conservative Christians prefer Ron Paul for President! Mod Note: Virus Warning from Defend Christians link -- some report virus issues.

In a recent poll conducted by www.DefendChristians.org (http://www.DefendChristians.org), Congressman Ron Paul came out on top showing that Bible-believing Christians consider Dr. Paul to be the "best, true Christian candidate".

Ron is a lifelong Christian and an OB/GYN who stands up for the right to life. He believes that our liberties come from a Creator -- not from government.

Here are the details on Dr. Paul's win:
http://defendchristians.org/commentary/surprising-presidential-poll-results-from-defendchristians-org/

[Mod Note -- possible virus at link ]

And for those who are interested, here is Ron Paul's statement of faith:
"I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate." - Ron Paul
Please spread it around!

Matt Collins
07-07-2011, 03:17 PM
His full statement:

Ron Paul's Statement of Faith

"I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate."
-Ron Paul

My faith is a deeply private issue to me, and I don’t speak on it in great detail during my speeches because I want to avoid any appearance of exploiting it for political gain. Let me be very clear here: I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate.

It is God Who gave us life. As He is free, so are those He created in His image. Our rights to life and liberty are inalienable.

I’m running for President of the United States because I believe that our traditions and way of life are under attack from an out-of-control federal government and reckless politicians who show no regard for what our Founders entrusted to our protection.

America became the greatest nation in human history because a dedicated band of Patriots believed their God-given rights were worth fighting for, even if it meant challenging the world’s most powerful nation in what many deemed a “hopeless” cause.

Being free meant so much to our forefathers that they put everything on the line – and thousands sacrificed their lives – to give the promise of liberty to not only their children and grandchildren, but to generations they knew they would never even meet.

Their courage and determination guaranteed they would defy the odds and achieve victory.

In this critical election, you and I must decide if the principles of limited government and personal freedom are worth fighting for once again.

Since I’m asking for your vote and your trust to lead this nation, let me tell you a little bit about my background and beliefs.

My parents raised my four brothers and me on a dairy near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where they set clear examples for each of us about faith, honest living, and individual responsibility. Their Christian values helped inspire two of my brothers to eventually enter the ministry, and provided me with the foundation I needed to practice medicine and one day become a U.S. Representative.

In addition to my time in Congress, I am proud to have delivered over 4,000 babies as a country doctor in Texas. As I trained to practice medicine, I became convinced without a doubt that life begins at the moment of conception. I never performed an abortion, and I never once found an abortion necessary to save the life of the mother. In fact, I successfully helped women struggling with their pregnancies to seek other options, including adoption.

I am running to Restore America Now, and by that I mean that it’s time to protect and promote the basic God-given rights inherent in the promise of America.

We must pass on our heritage of liberty to the next generation – not tens of trillions of dollars in debt and liabilities.

We must stand for life – not allow millions of innocent children to continue to be slaughtered with the government’s approval.

We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures – not printing money out of thin air in almost complete secrecy and then handing it over to oppressive dictators.

We must only send our men and women to fight for our country when the mission is clear, every necessary tool needed to win is provided, and we respect the Constitution by declaring war.

Once war is declared, it must be waged according to Just War principles. We should only fight when it’s in our national security interest, and we should no longer do the corrupt United Nation’s bidding by policing the world.

In Congress, I never vote for any piece of legislation that violates the Constitution’s strict limits on government power. I also do not participate in the congressional pension system.

As President, I give you my word that I will only exercise my authority within the confines of the Constitution, and I will work every day to rein in a runaway federal government by binding it with the chains of that document.

For my stands and beliefs, I am told that my efforts are “hopeless.” Like those who were proud to stand up for what they knew was right to create our nation, however, I firmly believe that now is a better time than ever before to reclaim our liberties. No situation is hopeless for those who receive their strength from their faith, family, and freedom.

And like those Patriots, I have no doubt that liberty will prevail.

I invite you to join me and millions of other Americans in taking our stand to honor our forefathers’ sacrifices and Restore America Now.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

robert9712000
07-07-2011, 06:04 PM
where did you get that statement matt? i think itd be a good thing to link on facebook.I found his statement of faith from the last election but i like that one better.

Sola_Fide
07-07-2011, 06:11 PM
His full statement:

That was, quite simply...awesome.

Michael Landon
07-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Did anyone else's anti-virus block a virus when clicking the link? My NORTON said that it stopped a virus attack. Just wondering.

- ML

Patrick Henry
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
where did you get that statement matt? i think itd be a good thing to link on facebook.I found his statement of faith from the last election but i like that one better.

/\This

Sola_Fide
07-07-2011, 06:25 PM
I didn't know two of Ron's brothers became pastors. Pretty cool.

KingRobbStark
07-07-2011, 06:27 PM
I didn't know two of Ron's brothers became pastors. Pretty cool.

He almost became a pastor himself.

asurfaholic
07-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Please link? I want to email this to some people.... this could be huge

123tim
07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Awesome.

Thank you for the post.

LibertyEagle
07-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I wonder if we should run Ron Paul's Statement of Faith as a full page ad in a few large Iowa newspapers.

SwordOfLiberty+4
07-07-2011, 07:09 PM
I posted about this on DailyPaul - several people reported virus problems... (I didn't have an issue - but, at least one person here mentioned it - and several there did)...

You may want to look into it deeper... I removed the link to the site in question from DailyPaul. Here is my post there: http://www.dailypaul.com/169951/ron-paul-the-best-true-christian-candidate-poll-results

asurfaholic
07-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Maybe God is trying to invade our computers... hehe...

I guess I will just have to copy and paste, even still it will be a powerful message to some people I know who are opposed to Ron Paul's views, but I believe they have the wisdom to find the authenticity in the message, enough I hope that it will sway their support this direction.

Patrick Henry
07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I wonder if we should run Ron Paul's Statement of Faith as a full page ad in a few large Iowa newspapers.
I sent out a few hundred of the old statement to folks in Iowa last time. I like the newspaper idea.

Echoes
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Great, spread this around.

More christians, less atheists. They scare voters away.

YumYum
07-07-2011, 07:19 PM
A virus just tried to enter my computer.

Paulatized
07-07-2011, 07:33 PM

I think that's a fantastic idea. I would certainly chip in.

LibertyEagle
07-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Matt, is Dr. Paul's statement of faith hosted anywhere on the web?

SwordOfLiberty+4
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I posted a link to this site (defendchristians.org) on DailyPaul - though I haven't had problems - several people there (DailyPaul) and several people here are complaining about viruses via defendchristians.org... I wrote to their site, but haven't received a reply.

You might want to warn people in the top of this post.

Eric21ND
07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Brilliant idea!! Especially in the counties that Huckabee won!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/3/30/20080116031127!IowaCaucusRepublican2008.png

CaseyJones
07-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I am not reading a virus ... anyone else?

Sola_Fide
07-07-2011, 07:52 PM
"We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures – not printing money out of thin air in almost complete secrecy and then handing it over to oppressive dictators. it over to oppressive dictators."

How much misery we could have avoided if we as a people would have followed this simple Biblical injuction.

It goes to show how nothing is divorced from morality in this world....economics, money, government....everything relates to God and His will for our lives.

CrissyNY
07-07-2011, 07:55 PM
This is a great and completely appropriate poll.

Christians would be supporting Dr Paul, if they would only understand him.

trey4sports
07-07-2011, 07:58 PM
was this an internal poll among members of their group or was this an internet poll posted on their website?

Matt Collins
07-07-2011, 08:04 PM
That was, quite simply...awesome.

It came directly from the campaign. Please spread it around.

Sola_Fide
07-07-2011, 08:09 PM
"As I trained to practice medicine, I became convinced without a doubt that life begins at conception. I never performed an abortion, and I never once found an abortion necessary to save the life of the mother. In fact, I successfully helped women struggling with their pregnancies seek other options, including adoption."

Good to hear:)

speciallyblend
07-07-2011, 08:15 PM
seems to me proof that there is a God:) hopefully everyone is waking up asap

speciallyblend
07-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe God is trying to invade our computers... hehe...

I guess I will just have to copy and paste, even still it will be a powerful message to some people I know who are opposed to Ron Paul's views, but I believe they have the wisdom to find the authenticity in the message, enough I hope that it will sway their support this direction.

god will invade computers. when the christian right opposes government marriages of all kinds and stays out of others private lives!!

Echoes
07-07-2011, 08:25 PM
god will invade computers. when the christian right opposes government marriages of all kinds and stays out of others private lives!!

Ok deal.

Now do your part and get the secular left out of forced indoctrination mills (aka public schools)

anewvoice
07-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Agreed, where is this from? I didn't see this on the campaign site or in an e-mail...?

The Iowa newspaper is a brilliant idea!

Revolution9
07-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Did anyone else's anti-virus block a virus when clicking the link? My NORTON said that it stopped a virus attack. Just wondering.

- ML

It was your 911th post.

HTH
Rev9

BlackTerrel
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for posting Matt. And maybe I missed it - but welcome back!

wgadget
07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Just wanted to say that one of my most lasting images of Ron Paul is a camera shot of him backstage bowing his head before he went on to speak...I think it was either in Michigan or Iowa, can't remember.

Eric21ND
07-07-2011, 09:11 PM
So I crunched the numbers, and here are my results.

Top Counties For Mike Huckabee in 2008 Caucus By Vote Percentage

1. Wayne - 62%

2. Mahaska - 60%

3. Wapello - 59%

4. Davis - 56%

5. Appanoose - 55%

5. Marion - 55%

5. O'Brien - 55%

6. Monroe - 54%

7. Sioux - 52%

7. Lucas - 52%

8. Kossuth - 51%

9. Hardin - 50%

10. Hancock - 49%

10. Grundy - 49%

11. Winnebago - 47%

11. Wright - 47%

11. Clarke - 47%

11. Henry - 47%

Top Counties For Mike Huckabee in 2008 Caucus By Total Votes

1. Polk - 8039

2. Linn - 2021

3. Story - 1848

4. Scott - 1285

5. Dallas - 1258

6. Warren - 1184

7. Sioux - 1147

8. Marion - 1136

9. Blackhawk - 1046

10. Mahaska - 815

11. Jasper - 802

12. Marshall - 655

13. Wapello - 568

14. Cerro Gordo - 545

15. Boone - 543

speciallyblend
07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Ok deal.

Now do your part and get the secular left out of forced indoctrination mills (aka public schools)

deal ,many of my hippie friends are waking up for sure;)

GunnyFreedom
07-07-2011, 10:01 PM

1. Wayne - 62%

2. Mahaska - 60%

3. Wapello - 59%

4. Davis - 56%

5. Appanoose - 55%

5. Marion - 55%

5. O'Brien - 55%

6. Monroe - 54%

7. Sioux - 52%

7. Lucas - 52%

8. Kossuth - 51%

9. Hardin - 50%

10. Hancock - 49%

10. Grundy - 49%

11. Winnebago - 47%

11. Wright - 47%

11. Clarke - 47%

11. Henry - 47%

1. Polk - 8039

2. Linn - 2021

3. Story - 1848

4. Scott - 1285

5. Dallas - 1258

6. Warren - 1184

7. Sioux - 1147

8. Marion - 1136

9. Blackhawk - 1046

10. Mahaska - 815

11. Jasper - 802

12. Marshall - 655

13. Wapello - 568

14. Cerro Gordo - 545

15. Boone - 543

Soux, Marian, Wahaska, and Wapello are MUST-do on the newspaper statement of faith.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Great, spread this around.

More christians, less atheists. They scare voters away.

Atheists vote too, in case you didn't notice :)

"We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures – not printing money out of thin air in almost complete secrecy and then handing it over to oppressive dictators. it over to oppressive dictators."

How much misery we could have avoided if we as a people would have followed this simple Biblical injuction.

It goes to show how nothing is divorced from morality in this world....economics, money, government....everything relates to God and His will for our lives.

It has nothing to do religion or anything, it's just commonsense that we can't let people create money of thin air but public-schools are designed to kill commonsense.

Ok deal.

Sure, we'd like to get rid of public schools (secular or otherwise) but having said that religions are the biggest tool of indoctrination anyway, that's why it was the free thinkers who came up with ideas of freedom.

Brilliant idea!! Especially in the counties that Huckabee won!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/3/30/20080116031127!IowaCaucusRepublican2008.png

1. Wayne - 62%

2. Mahaska - 60%

3. Wapello - 59%

4. Davis - 56%

5. Appanoose - 55%

5. Marion - 55%

5. O'Brien - 55%

6. Monroe - 54%

7. Sioux - 52%

7. Lucas - 52%

8. Kossuth - 51%

9. Hardin - 50%

10. Hancock - 49%

10. Grundy - 49%

11. Winnebago - 47%

11. Wright - 47%

11. Clarke - 47%

11. Henry - 47%

1. Polk - 8039

2. Linn - 2021

3. Story - 1848

4. Scott - 1285

5. Dallas - 1258

6. Warren - 1184

7. Sioux - 1147

8. Marion - 1136

9. Blackhawk - 1046

10. Mahaska - 815

11. Jasper - 802

12. Marshall - 655

13. Wapello - 568

14. Cerro Gordo - 545

15. Boone - 543

+1

Aldanga
07-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Agreed, where is this from? I didn't see this on the campaign site or in an e-mail...?

The Iowa newspaper is a brilliant idea!

I remember this from last election. It was linked on LewRockwell.com as well. This is the original location (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/87/statement-of-faith/) on the 2008 campaign website, but the page no longer exists.

ThomJohn
07-07-2011, 11:38 PM
The Statement of Faith - I couldn't find where it was from either, but I reposted it on my blog. Feel free to link others to it!

http://tjohnson.udderweb.com/?p=132

ForLibertyFight
07-08-2011, 12:03 AM
I promoted this on Facebook's California for Ron Paul's status.

KingRobbStark
07-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Like a true christian, Ron Paul is there. That should be our new slogan.

GunnyFreedom
07-08-2011, 07:04 AM
I just copy/pasted it to some of the busier FB groups I am in. FB takes large text in status updated now. Thanks a million ThomJohn, that will be awful helpful for sharing links. Matt, Mr Influence, please let them know it would be extraordinarily helpful to have a link to this on the RP12 official site somewhere we can share out to web2.0 media.

tfurrh
07-08-2011, 07:14 AM
This is going to help more than one would think.

IndianaPolitico
07-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Is it posted anywhere on the web? Or has the camaign not officially released it? I would really like to link to a page or press release.

Texan4Life
07-08-2011, 07:44 AM

- ML

+1

Legend1104
07-08-2011, 07:57 AM

- ML

I got a virus from it and it screwed up my computer. I had to system restore it to get it fixed. Took all night.

GunnyFreedom
07-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Duuuuuuuuuuude, this statement of faith is starting to blow up my myriad political facebook groups. We really need an offical campaign site link for this.

Nickwanz
07-08-2011, 08:23 AM
While I'm not religous in any manner myself, I did share the blog containing his statemant of faith on my facebook, as well as the Virginia For Ron Paul page. I was just chatting with an old friend on facebook, and his statement of faith and the fact that he is the only vet "shocked her"!

YumYum
07-08-2011, 12:27 PM

What the virus? Last night I lost everything in my hard drive to a virus that was in the link you provided. It took me all of last night and this morning to fix everything. Did you read the link you provided before you submitted it? Were you aware that there was a threat of a virus??

YumYum
07-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I got a virus from it and it screwed up my computer. I had to system restore it to get it fixed. Took all night.

Me too. I wonder how many new lurkers got a virus, also. Nice way to discover Ron Paul.

123tim
07-08-2011, 12:34 PM

If you truly love freedom you should switch to Linux. :)

IndianaPolitico
07-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I ALMOST got a virus from the site, luckily my internet browser sensed it and shut down before it could download. We REALLY need an official campaign page for this! This is huge!

Sola_Fide
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Can someone contact the official campaign and tell them to post this prominently on the website?

kazmlsj
07-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I got the virus from going to that site. It was a bear to get rid of.

If you can, do a System Restore:

For Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

And if that does not work try theses instructions:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-7-repair

LibertyEagle
07-09-2011, 03:13 PM
That's weird. I've clicked on that link about 5 times and had no problem. Maybe it just recently got infected. :confused:

The Bavarian
07-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Yea this was a pretty nasty virus, one of the worst I had ever gotten. Sucked up all my digital memory, made it impossible to click on any programs, well long story short it hijacked my com and made it useless.

Thanks to safe mode + system restore I was able to gain control over my computer again.

Also, relating to this news story I may not be religious but I am happy Ron Paul is gathering more support!

trey4sports
07-09-2011, 07:10 PM
was this an internal poll among members of their group or was this an internet poll posted on their website?

bump for an answer

Standing Like A Rock
07-09-2011, 07:19 PM
If you truly love freedom you should switch to Linux. :)

This.

On topic: Great statement by Dr. Paul. The religious right is a huge demographic that we will need to win.

afwjam
07-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Win!!!!

dusman
07-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Well, I'm new here this time around at the forums as a poster. I did visit every so often back in 07-08 just to see the convo. I was deployed in Korea at the time and became a huge supporter of Ron Paul. I actually credit him for inspiring me to learn the importance of the Constitution, my service, my oath and the philosophical importance of it all. It's about virtue and our heritage. We must keep it strong.

If I had one chance to speak to the whole world about anything - Ron Paul's message would be pretty close. We've lost our significance in world history! We are the only country past or present to have ever put the entire sovereign power of a nation in the hands of the people. The superiority of us as a people, gives us power that no individual, group, class, army, government, or nation could ever suppress - unless we let them, willingly and with consent.

I think this is a great idea to put his faith statement in the newspapers. So, this post inspired me to contribute whatever I can to make it happen.

On that point, I was already planning to make a web site for the 2012 campaign and I think this would be a great way to start. I've been doing web development since I've been out of the military, so I certainly have the resources to put this together.

I think something like that Iowa county map would work well. Each county would be open for donations to raise funds and each county would have a sponsor, who'd be responsible in sending in the funds for the ads. You could really expand this out in general and use our massive pull as a movement to invade the advertising realm with his message as a whole - targeting specific ones with specific messages. Lead those into landing pages and track which ones get the most response. Send all those juicy details to the campaign to help them see what is drawing that attention.

Just a thought. I'll be back to see what you all think!

Tarzan
07-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Is it posted anywhere on the web? Or has the camaign not officially released it? I would really like to link to a page or press release.

It may be up to us! The statement says:

"My faith is a deeply private issue to me, and I don’t speak on it in great detail during my speeches because I want to avoid any appearance of exploiting it for political gain."

That being the case RP may not want it posted on the official campaign site. I have no way of knowing that for sure, but it may be a real possibility. But, since we have it in hand it would be easy enough for the grassroots to get it in the hands of the proper audience.

*** and YES, the link in the OP has a virus or trojan (my stuff stopped it cold and won't even let the page display)

dusman
07-13-2011, 08:16 PM
So, I have a domain name www.learnthetruth.org that I'll use for this, for the time being. I'm not sure if I'll have time to get everything up and running in time to collect donations for advertisements in Iowa. I'll do my best. If I'm not in a position to launch it in the next week, then I'll hold off for another opportunity.

Would anyone be willing to help collect information pertaining to each county's newspaper and contact details? I'll setup a login for whoever is willing (if more than one, great!). Since there is a tight time constraint, I'll just set it up to where anyone who is willing to donate the cost for the advertisement can sponsor an open county. I'll take the time to create a county map that will indicate whether it's sponsored or not. When someone sponsors a county, the newspaper information and advertisement information should be sent off to them.

I'm open to any concerns anyone has about approaching Iowa in this manner. From my perspective, it seems like an initiative supporters can get involved in and possibly make a big impact.

I'll go ahead and start working on this, nonetheless.