PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots leadership

johnald
07-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Hello Freedom Fighters and Lovers of Liberty!
I've been following the threads on RPF for about a week now and I'm truly excited to see all of these great ideas flowing through!
I'm wondering if there is any structure to the grassroots movement, especially in regards to the members of this forum? Is there a coordinator from the grassroots side for each state? If not, do you think this would be a good idea?
Thanks in advance!
Johnald

Deborah K
07-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Welcome Johnald. I wouldn't say there is any leadership on the forum. We generally operate under spontaneous order.

reduen
07-07-2011, 09:20 AM
johnald.. Welcome my man...! I would caution you on using the word "leader" in these forums going forward... It seems to be somewhat of a dirty word... lol

Truth is there are many, many leaders in here and as Deborah so eloquently put it, spontaneous order seems to be the method of choice.

ronpaulhawaii
07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Grassroots are, by nature, organic and chaotic, (lift up any piece of sod and you will see). If you see a loose ball that you think you can score with, pick it up and run with it. If people see potential success with your play, they will assist...

Just know that in most all human endeavors, 2% of the people do 90% of the work, and that the 10% of the work that the other 98% do is just as valuable to success as the 90% that the 2% do.

johnald
07-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Understood, Thanks for the responses!
John

acptulsa
07-07-2011, 10:48 AM
This is something of a think tank, and in that regard the whole forum is 'the leadership' of this movement because it's the primary souce of national coordination and a great source of ideas. That said, your local leadership is unquestionably your local meetup, and you should certainly join both here and there.