PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Ron Paul Ads!?

No Free Beer
07-07-2011, 08:27 AM
The last couple of days, I have noticed that there are more ads from Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann than Ron Paul. Whenever I go on a political website, I see a Michele Bachmann ad. Not to mention that the ad says "a constitutional conservative", which makes it that much more frustrating. I see commercials from the two of them as well, but not from Ron. Why is this? I am sorry, but I think the campaign is making a HUGE mistake with this. Ron Paul needs to just make simple TV Ads for Iowa. It doesn't have to be expensive ads. People like to see the candidates faces and what they have to say, while they visually see them. I believe in what I call the "hammering theory", this means that you constantly get face recognition. If people constantly see your face and hear what you are saying, there is a better chance they will vote for you. If they keep seeing Romney and Bachmann, but not Paul (doesn't matter how good his message is), he will not get the votes. Now, I have heard that the campaign thinks that TV Ads and such are for name recognition. That may be the case, but why not use that to the best of your ability? I guess I am just frustrated and want to see more of Ron Paul everywhere. I think its time for the campaign to step up and pay for some of these ads. Obama didn't win the Presidency by JUST having a "change" message. He did it with combining his message with the "hammering theory". Can I get an 'amen'?

Oukvekpwv
07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
as i mentioned in chat i understand and i could agree.. theres a lot about having ads that can help a campaign. theres a social psycological thing that the more you see something the more you identify with it..

i feel some of the campaign feels that commecials are just for name recognition and he already has it.. i could see the point but see yours as well..

the thing also is that everyone wants some control about where their support money goes and i could understand that..

the way i am understanding it is that the campaign is focused on certain goal.. right now that is the Iowa straw poll, and commericals wont necesarily influence people to the straw poll, would it?.. right now the campaign is focusing a lot of their time money and energy on getting people to the iowa staw poll, phone banking and rallying support.. that is the priority..

i dont know the specifics of what the campaign has vs what their allocation of what they have is but maybe its more so the focus of what goal is at hand.. you know? feel free to disagree with me i mean i know im often a minority voice.. and i totally understand.. itl be awesome to see Dr Paul around more readily in ads and commercials, but wheres the time, effort, and money going? where should it go?

BUSHLIED
07-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Online ads are important but they have a really good picture of doctor's paul face-shot...and associate his name with the constitution, cutting spending, lower taxes all that basic gop stuff..NOT end the fed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how many times Bachmann's face pops into my mind when I am surfing the web and I take a look at her ad...cause her picture grabs me..she is relatively attractive and photogenic although she is 5 foot and showing signs of age in person...I met her once BUT most people are not going to see her in person so it doesn't really matter. I only saw O-b-am-ah in person once and he looks like a Bobby Jindal type, punk-ass skinny nerd...but with his presence on tv it doesn't show as much...

PastaRocket848
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
yeah, michelle bachmann is really really short in real life, though obviously you cant really tell on tv aside from at the debate. very much the same as jon stewart lol.

Tarzan
07-09-2011, 01:01 AM
The last couple of days, I have noticed that there are more ads from Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann than Ron Paul. Whenever I go on a political website, I see a Michele Bachmann ad. Not to mention that the ad says "a constitutional conservative", which makes it that much more frustrating. I see commercials from the two of them as well, but not from Ron. Why is this? I am sorry, but I think the campaign is making a HUGE mistake with this. Ron Paul needs to just make simple TV Ads for Iowa. It doesn't have to be expensive ads. People like to see the candidates faces and what they have to say, while they visually see them. I believe in what I call the "hammering theory", this means that you constantly get face recognition. If people constantly see your face and hear what you are saying, there is a better chance they will vote for you. If they keep seeing Romney and Bachmann, but not Paul (doesn't matter how good his message is), he will not get the votes. Now, I have heard that the campaign thinks that TV Ads and such are for name recognition. That may be the case, but why not use that to the best of your ability? I guess I am just frustrated and want to see more of Ron Paul everywhere. I think its time for the campaign to step up and pay for some of these ads. Obama didn't win the Presidency by JUST having a "change" message. He did it with combining his message with the "hammering theory". Can I get an 'amen'?

OK... Amen. You might consider posting this in the Campaign Suggestion Box forum. I don't know if the official campaign is listening... but this is one they need to hear:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?317-Campaign-Suggestion-Box

libertarian4321
07-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Romney has money to burn- an essentially limitless campaign war chest.

Bachmann has a lot of money from her "congressional" campaign war chest, so she can afford to throw some around early.

Ron Paul on the other hand, does not have limitless funds, he has to spend it wisely.

To me, it's waaaaay to early to be making big TV media buys for someone who doesn't have money to burn.

LibertyEagle
07-10-2011, 03:22 AM
If we want the campaign to do more in Iowa, perhaps we should fund their projects: http://www.iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php

As of now, we have not.

Tinnuhana
07-10-2011, 05:19 AM
I think there was some confusion during the last MB over whether donations to the iowa site would count towards the MB. I think if we'd all known ahead of time that they did, many would have gone to that website and filled the categories. So the upcoming RAF MB should be directed there and everyone can put their donation down on advertising.