PDA

View Full Version : The State Column: Ron Paul Wins Texas GOP Poll (Azimuth Research Group)

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 07:45 AM
http://www.thestatecolumn.com/capitol/ron-paul-wins-texas-gop-poll/

This poll was the first time I'd heard of this pollster, but this is good earned media.

Slutter McGee
07-07-2011, 07:48 AM
I am not sure I believe it, but they did release their methodology. Which means it wasn't a push poll. Still sounds to good to be true.

Slutter McGee

EDIT: There isn't much there as far as methodology. I would like to know what "highly active" means. But I dont see a way to spin this as bad.

Slutter McGee
07-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Johnson at 9%????

Something is up

Slutter McGee

hillertexas
07-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Poll Date: 5/29-6/3, 2011
Poll Method: Monitored and automated calls
Poll Sample: 882 highly active Republican voters in Texas
Margin of Error: +/- 2%

Question: If the Texas Republican primary were held today, which presidential candidate would you be most likely to vote for?

Ron Paul – 22%
Rick Perry – 17%
Herman Cain – 14%
Newt Gingrich – 11%
Gary Johnson – 9%
Mitt Romney – 8%
Michele Bachmann – 7%
Tim Pawlenty – 2%
John Huntsman – 2%
Rick Santorum – 1%
Undecided – 7%..

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Johnson at 9%????

Something is up

Slutter McGee

Well, it isn't the PPP poll, which is the only one doing a lot of state by state polling, but maybe PPP is skewed a bit as well. In any event, so many of the others have had outliers in their favor that are actually counted in the RealClearPolitics average, it occurred to me we shouldn't be cutting down the ones that support our candidate. Cain had that one his ex employer ran in Georgia, for heaven's sake and he and Bachmann each got lots of press off those idiot Zogby polls which poll only those people who go to his site and sign up.....

LibertyEagle
07-07-2011, 08:06 AM
We are our own worst enemy.

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 08:10 AM
EDIT: There isn't much there as far as methodology. I would like to know what "highly active" means. But I dont see a way to spin this as bad.

Yeah, I guess they figure in a state where caucuses are important, how active you are makes a difference. And saying ACTIVISTS mostly favor Ron Paul isn't merely likely, it practically goes without saying.