PDA

View Full Version : Morning Joe corrects their graphic from yesterday

Gage
07-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Morning Joe just corrected their graphic from yesterday, and included Ron Paul, indicating him as being in second place in total money raised in Q2.

Edit: Photo of the correction:

http://i.imgur.com/bfKYI.jpg

MRoCkEd
07-07-2011, 04:22 AM
Good to hear.

Gage
07-07-2011, 04:27 AM
I added a photo of the correction to the OP.

V4Vendetta
07-07-2011, 04:27 AM
did they do that yesterday??? seriously?? wtf

BUSHLIED
07-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Nice work everyone! We never should let them get away with that, as sad of a situation as it is. To think that any media organization would deliberately exclude a sitting Congressman who is a Presidential Candidate that many people take seriously represents a very sad state of affairs in our country. I can assure that it was an deliberate exclusion. Joe knows Ron Paul, he knows he is running for Prez, and he was left out when his q2 $ numbers were available in many places.

BUSHLIED
07-07-2011, 04:31 AM
Nice

Gage
07-07-2011, 04:32 AM
did they do that yesterday??? seriously?? wtf

This is the graphic that they used yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/Koq19.png

Eric21ND
07-07-2011, 04:44 AM
What asshats those people are! They finally correct it after we hold their feet to the fire and then use the same old tired picture of Ron as well. Takes all of 0.12 seconds to google a nice smiling Dr. Paul picture....again asshats!

Gage
07-07-2011, 04:54 AM
What asshats those people are! They finally correct it after we hold their feet to the fire and then use the same old tired picture of Ron as well. Takes all of 0.12 seconds to google a nice smiling Dr. Paul picture....again asshats!

They should've used this one.

http://www.derangedshaman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ron_paul_third_parties_367.jpg

Tinnuhana
07-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Use the NH photo with the reversed baseball cap

Bruno
07-07-2011, 04:58 AM
To be fair, it may have not actually been Joe that had anything to do with it or even knre of it. But I do think it was purposeful and likely more than one person was in on it.

amyre
07-07-2011, 04:59 AM
They should've used this one.

http://www.derangedshaman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ron_paul_third_parties_367.jpg

I'm surprised they didn't. Yay for the correction!

Gage
07-07-2011, 05:03 AM
And just as a small note: Joe Scarborough was absent from today's Morning Joe. Not sure if he was there yesterday, as I did not watch yesterday's show.

ILikeRonPaul
07-07-2011, 05:09 AM
i guess somebody got a few emails from the ron mob ;) . great job guys this was a win for us as im sure they would have just kept excluding him so long as nobody spoke up. this wont be the last time they try that and we're going to see the media repeatedly having to admit they did something bad. this will only spark positive interest seeing as how he is 2nd in fundraising

Gage
07-07-2011, 06:04 AM
They are currently replaying the hour that they talked about Q2 fundraising. Discussion should start around 8:15AM EST.

UtahApocalypse
07-07-2011, 06:08 AM
So did they just show the correct graphic today or did they actually admit to not including Ron Paul yesterday?

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/Ron%20Paul%20-%202012/NBC1.jpg

also can someone make a youtube out of both segments?

mit26chell
07-07-2011, 06:08 AM
It's okay... the dude from redstate.com with the talk radio show (i think his name's eric) reported yesterday, as fact, that Michelle Bachmann came in second place for fundraising in the 2nd quarter.

Gage
07-07-2011, 06:10 AM
So did they just show the correct graphic today or did they actually admit to not including Ron Paul yesterday?

also can someone make a youtube out of both segments?

They did not say that they were mistaken yesterday, but they did mention that Ron's fundraising was a surprise to them. Segment coming up in 5 minutes on MSNBC.

Gage
07-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Segment happening now.

"His [Ron Paul's] fundraising is incredible." - Willie Geist.

dean.engelhardt
07-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Even though MSNBC has some real nut jobs on prime time, Morning Joe and Ratigan are very good news programs. Glad Morning Joe fixed the problem.

teacherone
07-07-2011, 06:22 AM

does your wife know you're back online?

HOLLYWOOD
07-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Even though MSNBC has some real nut jobs on prime time, Morning Joe and Ratigan are very good news programs. Glad Morning Joe fixed the problem.
Are you speaking about the puppets in front of the cameras or the Producers/Directors/Content Managers that call the shots and tell the puppets what to say?

HOLLYWOOD
07-07-2011, 06:46 AM
WTF? They're now stating Romney has $12 Million on hand. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Mitt Romney already burned through $6 Million last quarter or is this more of the VooDoo Economics of Public Relations, Campaign Financing, Propaganda Book Cooking?
http://i.imgur.com/bfKYI.jpg

Sentinelrv
07-07-2011, 06:47 AM

lol

speciallyblend
07-07-2011, 07:02 AM
expect more of the same from the media and the gop. They love obama republican big government policies! If ron paul does't run indy we will have to wait till 2016 since the gop leadership will do what they have to, to make sure ron paul does not secure the nomination!! business as usual!! the media and the gop/dnc are enemies to liberty!!

JackieDan
07-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Joe should have reacted in dome ways... i think he knew very well about it.

HOLLYWOOD
07-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Joe should have reacted in dome ways... i think he knew very well about it.
Joe Scarborough hasn't been on this week... Willie G is filling in with Mika

Cowlesy
07-07-2011, 07:48 AM
It was progressive fest on Morning Joe this morning. Jon Heilemann actually said (partially in jest I am sure), "Anything Bill Clinton says about the economy should just automatically become law" --- Clinton was discussing how Republicans are holding D.C. hostage.

The one thing I found interesting about this morning's program was the brewing battle between Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor. Cantor *really* wants the Speaker's job, and he's going to use Boehner's ultimate need to compromise to say, "Look! Compromiser! Unseat him and appoint me Speaker!"

I really, really do not want Eric Cantor to be Speaker of the House. I am really bothered by that development.

angelatc
07-07-2011, 07:55 AM
It was progressive fest on Morning Joe this morning. Jon Heilemann actually said (partially in jest I am sure), "Anything Bill Clinton says about the economy should just automatically become law" --- Clinton was discussing how Republicans are holding D.C. hostage.

The one thing I found interesting about this morning's program was the brewing battle between Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor. Cantor *really* wants the Speaker's job, and he's going to use Boehner's ultimate need to compromise to say, "Look! Compromiser! Unseat him and appoint me Speaker!"

I really, really do not want Eric Cantor to be Speaker of the House. I am really bothered by that development.

I don't like Cantor one bit either. Hopefully Boehner can hold him off.

HOLLYWOOD
07-07-2011, 08:01 AM
It was progressive fest on Morning Joe this morning. Jon Heilemann actually said (partially in jest I am sure), "Anything Bill Clinton says about the economy should just automatically become law" --- Clinton was discussing how Republicans are holding D.C. hostage.Erza Klien statements this morning were over the progressive Marxist top. In regards to the debt ceiling and the Aug 2nd date... "If Republicans were in control when the crisis hit 2008-2009 and we didn't BAILOUT everyone, it would be now be a depression or worse..." :rolleyes:

Sweman
07-07-2011, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the laugh.

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Did they mention that they got it wrong? That is ridiculous. To miss the person in 6th or 7th, maybe, but the second place fundraiser?

Napoleon's Shadow
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
It's okay... the dude from redstate.com with the talk radio show (i think his name's eric) reported yesterday, as fact, that Michelle Bachmann came in second place for fundraising in the 2nd quarter.
Can you please link to this? :confused:

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 08:21 AM

Yeah, because everything I've seen has her number as pure speculation. She likely transferred at least $2 million from her congressional account, but that would have been from last year's fundraising, not this year. I've seen some say she's expected to be competing with Romney in fundraising and others suggesting she's more along Cain's level for what actually came in during the quarter. They explain this as her starting late (I think they mean peaking late, in the quarter because she started her campaign committee about the same time Ron did, and had a money bomb with web ads and everything even before that.)

USA Today still says Ron in 2d, and even searching Bachmann, all I find is that she hasn't reported her total yet. http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2011-07-06-GOP-candidates-Romney-fundraising_n.htm

Travlyr
07-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Did they mention that they got it wrong? That is ridiculous. To miss the person in 6th or 7th, maybe, but the second place fundraiser?

It is isn't it. Completely ridiculous. Kind of hard to say, "Oops" on national TV and get away with it with something this blatant. But that's what they are saying anyway.

doctor jones
07-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Joe retweeted this last night:

ChanceGlasco (retweeted by) by JoeNBC
@JoeNBC MSNBC left ron paul out of the quarterly fund raising graph. Should be in 2nd at 4.5 million. Please be fair.
16 hours ago

speciallyblend
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Joe retweeted this last night:

joe is full of crap like the rest of them scummy lying bastards in the media!

wgadget
07-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Word is that the Independents (business owners and such) can't afford to donate to the GOP this time around like they did last time around. That OBAMA still has his unions to support him, and that Mitt's $20 million is a measly amount.

Billay
07-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Surprised they didn't put up Casey Anthonys mugshot by Rons name.

Romulus
07-07-2011, 11:54 AM
you know the shitty thing? people believe the first story they're told. Its sticks to them.

So they just re-air the chart, making no mention of their error and no one is told of the correction. So folks will go on believe their first story that's told to them - always.

Guitarzan
07-07-2011, 11:56 AM
you know the shitty thing? people believe the first story they're told. Its sticks to them.

So they just re-air the chart, making no mention of their error and no one is told of the correction. So folks will go on believe their first story that's told to them - always.

You are exactly right. This is a ploy done by the media constantly. Even when they do a retraction...the damage has been done with the original story.

messana
07-07-2011, 12:13 PM
WOW! Ron Paul raised 4.5 MILLION in one DAY?!?!?!?

AMAZING!

JoshLowry
07-07-2011, 12:17 PM
WOW! Ron Paul raised 4.5 MILLION in one DAY?!?!?!?

AMAZING!

No, the numbers in the image under GOP Cash are the fundraising numbers for the 2nd quarter totals of 2011.

messana
07-07-2011, 12:51 PM
//

mit26chell
07-07-2011, 01:14 PM

Hey. I don't have any link. I heard it around 9:00 last night, driving to the grocery store. This is one of those neocon talk radio dudes, like Neil Bortz (sp?) who constantly ignore Paul, but it still really pissed me off.

Rudeman
07-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Saw it this morning and they said Bachmann would release her total on the 15th (a Friday) so I'd guess it's on the lower end of speculations.

Thargok
07-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Ron has never officially released his numbers, so who knows what is going on.

Gage
07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Saw it this morning and they said Bachmann would release her total on the 15th (a Friday) so I'd guess it's on the lower end of speculations.

The 15th is the filing deadline.

Rudeman
07-07-2011, 06:11 PM
The 15th is the filing deadline.

Wouldn't she release it or at least leak it sooner if it was good news? Don't normally follow this so I'm not sure.

jct74
07-08-2011, 12:47 AM
here's the video of them airing the corrected graph if anyone wants to see it. @3:25
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#43666941

andrewjs18
07-08-2011, 12:57 AM
great job grassroots for holding them accountable!

WorldonaString
07-08-2011, 01:11 AM
great job grassroots for holding them accountable!

I'll second that. We gotta keep on these snakes!

andrewjs18
07-08-2011, 01:21 AM
I'll second that. We gotta keep on these snakes!

when a grassroots effort can make a news show change their previously displayed results, then you know it's extremely powerful!!!

fatjohn
07-08-2011, 03:21 AM
No, the numbers in the image under GOP Cash are the fundraising numbers for the 2nd quarter totals of 2011.

I think it was a joke. Along the lines that he raised nothing by the first airing and then 4.5 the day after...