PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann Bachmann 'placing a small buy on Sunday talk shows' unclear if radio or tv

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 12:27 AM
UPDATE: Bachmann, meanwhille, has placed a small Iowa buy on the the network's Sunday talk shows, a source says. (Pawlenty is appearing on "Meet the Press.")

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0711/The_Iowa_airwaves.html

reduen
07-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Maybe she thinks that she will do well enough without spending much money??

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 12:42 AM
I completely discount 'small'. politico is pushing her. They see her as a breeze to beat in the general election.

BUSHLIED
07-07-2011, 04:41 AM
She is buying the time to RUN this 30 second AD: *** hxxp://youtu.be/3Cc5q8PKk8c *** if you don't want to give it clicks read the summary:

Basically: I was born and raised in Waterloo, as a mother of..., tax lawyer etc...we can't afford to spend anymore, and I will not vote to increase the debt ceiling.

Images of waterloo bridge, younger framed pictures of her, mostly a front head shot of her talking...

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 08:31 AM
She is buying the time to RUN this 30 second AD: *** hxxp://youtu.be/3Cc5q8PKk8c *** if you don't want to give it clicks read the summary:

Basically: I was born and raised in Waterloo, as a mother of..., tax lawyer etc...we can't afford to spend anymore, and I will not vote to increase the debt ceiling.

Images of waterloo bridge, younger framed pictures of her, mostly a front head shot of her talking...

ignores that she voted for the 2008 stimulus, the appropriations bills leading to the deficit, and Ryan's plan which increases the deficit next year and REQUIRES raising the debt ceiling.... this sure seems like a late conversion.

hillertexas
07-07-2011, 08:41 AM
ignores that she voted for the 2008 stimulus, the appropriations bills leading to the deficit, and Ryan's plan which increases the deficit next year and REQUIRES raising the debt ceiling.... this sure seems like a late conversion.

...a late conversion with too much eye makeup.

Maybe she doesn't have a ton of $$.

acptulsa
07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
We should be buying local media on the grassroots level, especially in the early states. National media may do the bidding of tptb, but my experience witht he last attempt to primary Sullivan is local media treats those best who buy the most ad time directly from them. Even if the bizarre campaign laws restrict us to attack ads and we seldom or never mention Ron Paul, we can still curry favor for the man by spending money on these outlets. Doesn't so much matter if the national newscast ignores us if the local newscast right after is more than fair to our man.

And we can do more than attack without running afoul of corporatist campaign laws, too. We can do commercials that help to maintain the good name of libertarianism.

speciallyblend
07-07-2011, 08:59 AM

that should be the ad we are running calling out bachmann on every station she ran these ads and at the sametime if not right after her ad runs!

HOLLYWOOD
07-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Ron Paul PROFESSIONAL campaign staff... where's the commercials?

If you advertise on shows and stations that black you out, they cannot ignore you, for a multitude of reasons they have to report on you... @ this point I would hire James Carville, at least he's proactive instead of reactive.