PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for grassroots TV ad project

Badger Paul
07-06-2011, 10:31 PM
A grassroots group would like to set up an independent committee to help run TV advertising a few weeks before the Iowa Straw Poll. These ads will runs in the state of Iowa and will compare and contrast the voting records and public actions of the two current front runners, Michele Bachmann and Mitt Romney with their rhetoric calling themselves "constitutional conservatives" so Iowa voters can better separate fact from fiction.

This independent committee will need helps from skilled, knowledgeable and experienced people who can help produce the ads, buy the time on Iowa TV stations and cable outlets, help set up a PAC to raise funds for this endeavor and set up a website for this PAC for people to go on and contribute funds.

If you are looking for a project to get involved with, here's a great opportunity. Please chime in with your ideas and assistance. Thanks!

Koz
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
I would like to help, but I don't have a lot of those skills. I did produce some television commercials in the past, but my expertise used to be marketing, not editing. We had ad agencies do our advertising buys. I am knowledgable looking at an ad schedule and making sure we have good coverage. If you need help with that let me know.

07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for posting this Badger Paul. We really have a great group of folks who are willing to jump in and help out, be it financially or with their manpower, to make this happen.

If there is anyone out there who is able to help out with these kinds of things, it would be a great effort in addition to the other kinds of grassroots advertising that is going to be going on in Iowa and elsewhere.

thehighwaymanq
07-07-2011, 12:08 AM
BUMP for an awesome idea!

07-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Bump indeed. This needs to get traction because it is so very important that we are able to have multiple grassroots efforts in play in Iowa that can make a difference.

Koz
07-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Bump

Badger Paul
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Bump again

Koz
07-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Bump

Romulus
07-07-2011, 08:57 PM
///

trey4sports
07-07-2011, 09:00 PM
bump is this AdamT and DebK's group? If so, i will chipin a 20 spot when the money is asked for.

Eric21ND
07-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Ads in Iowa is one of the mos timportant things we can do right now.

07-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Bump

hillertexas
07-08-2011, 06:21 AM
bump

S.Shorland
07-08-2011, 06:26 AM
In a radio interview between Ron and Dr.Mercola posted on youtube today,Ron mentions how he feels that ads showing the freedom stealing effect of Government laws and regulations on various groups would in his mind be most effective.Just another idea to throw in the mix.

hillertexas
07-08-2011, 06:43 AM
In a radio interview between Ron and Dr.Mercola posted on youtube today,Ron mentions how he feels that ads showing the freedom stealing effect of Government laws and regulations on various groups would in his mind be most effective.Just another idea to throw in the mix.

like these about grocery taxes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxIwwrO2JYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQMJJAaY-3g&NR=1

Badger Paul
07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Bump so we can get this project rolling because the campaign probably won't be on TV in Iowa anytime soon if they're still searching for an AD firm to work with.

trey4sports
07-18-2011, 08:53 PM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Is this AdamT's and DebK's group? Adam already has a PAC for running ads

Bump so we can get this project rolling because the campaign probably won't be on TV in Iowa anytime soon if they're still searching for an AD firm to work with.

Damn, they are quick once they found one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNIeOB0whI

jus funnin with you... would like to know more about this group though

The Binghamton Patriot
07-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I find this to be the most important thing we can do to gain traction fast against Bachmann. Her faux brand of conservatism needs to be exposed for what it is; here are my suggestions, so please advise as necessary:

1) We MUST expose her voting record. She brands herself as a constitutional conservative (as per her ads) and touts that she will defend the constitution. Her record is indicative of the opposite however, as she has voted for the extension of the Patriot Act. No constitutionalist would ever consider voting in favor of this rotten piece of legislation.

2) I have expressed a growing concern regarding a particular personal fact, of which many typical evangelical voters would not be aware. How can someone who proclaims to be the leader of the tea party, have a record as an IRS prosecutor? This is the equivalent of Ghandi being the leader of the Nazi's or Nikita Kruschkev joining the liberty movement. The leader of the Tea party needs to be the one who has consistently guarded the economic rights of americans to keep their property. Michelle Bachman had a reputation for prosecuting low income taxpayers, often times throwing the book at them. This dichotomy needs to be brought to light, so that those in the Tea Party get a whiff of what they are REALLY supporting.

3) What type of constitutional conservative would ever vote for subsidies? This woman takes farm subsidies for her own benefit, and has throughout the years accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars for her family farm. She has never once recused herself on those votes, nor has she rejected the funds. This makes her liable, and is a breach of trust we must attack.

4) Her religious fanaticism is antithetical to the constitution in every way, shape and form. Although it may hurt us to directly attack her on this, I think some attention must be directed towards addressing her disregard for the constitution's protection of minority groups (homosexuals), and how her authoritarian brand of government would eventually impact minorities outside the gay community.

Thoughts?

thehighwaymanq
07-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Those ads were nice! Does anybody have a idea on price regarding ads in Iowa?