PDA

View Full Version : High School Prank results in Felony charges

Brian4Liberty
07-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Another example of someone being charged based on the paranoia of people in power. A strange new thought crime, where you can be charged for other people's thoughts.

Teen faces prison after sex doll prank goes awry
APAP – Tue, Jul 5, 2011

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — When 18-year-old Tyell Morton put a blow-up sex doll in a bathroom stall on the last day of school, he didn't expect school officials to call a bomb squad or that he'd be facing up to eight years in prison and a possible felony record.
A janitor at Rushville Consolidated High School saw Morton run away from the school May 31, and security footage showed a person in a hooded sweatshirt and gloves entering the school with a package and leaving five minutes later without it, according to court documents.

Administrators feared explosives, so they locked down the school and called police. K9 dogs and a bomb squad searched the building before finding the sex doll.
The Rush County Prosecutor Philip J. Caviness told The Associated Press that he doesn't intend to seek a prison term for Morton, but said school officials acted appropriately and that the charges are warranted.

"I'm pretty comfortable with the charges that we've filed," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-faces-prison-sex-doll-prank-goes-awry-205000563.html

Philhelm
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Absurd...

Brian4Liberty
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Absurd...

Especially since it is not based on any objective crime and reasonable penalty, instead it's based on the level of fear experienced by paranoid people.

TheViper
07-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many actual bombs have been planted and blown up in schools and common businesses?

Maybe I could understand all the security and reactions if real bombs were a common thing but I can't really recall many at all. A few hoaxes perhaps but usually just pranks like this or someones brown sack lunch sitting out.

Agorism
07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Why did they see it an decide it was a bomb. Could you see any random thing and decide that.

bkreigh
07-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Why would somebody want to blow up the school on the last day it is in session? Really?

Brian4Liberty
07-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many actual bombs have been planted and blown up in schools and common businesses?

Maybe I could understand all the security and reactions if real bombs were a common thing but I can't really recall many at all. A few hoaxes perhaps but usually just pranks like this or someones brown sack lunch sitting out.

Right after 9/11, I came home to Police barriers at my block. I walked up to the Police and asked why my street was blocked. They said someone had reported a mysterious box behind a nearby business. I asked if they wanted me to go open it for them. They said "no", so I asked if it would help if I walked over and gave it a good kick instead. They shook their heads, as did I while I walked to my house.

Revolution9
07-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Typical bureaucrats and flaw reinforcement goons thinking some plastic bitch is the bomb.

Rev9