PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Sun Hit Piece... TAKE ACTION NOW!

Taco John
10-31-2007, 03:11 AM
We have to combat this! We cannot let this one slide. They're trying to pigeon hole us, and if we don't fight back, they'll keep doing it. We HAVE to take action.

Here is the hit piece:
h ttp://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/the_tonight_show_heeeeres_ron.html

Here is a key part that we HAVE to fight (there's plenty in the article to compalin about, but this is key for many reasons -- it's subtle, but it's insidious.)...

Then, in the third-quarter fundraising reporting period, the 72-year-old political veteran surprised many political observers by raising $5 million, 78% of it online, and a total that's five times as much as the better-known Mike Huckabee, who is taken more seriously. But although Paul languishes in single digits in most polls, money talks in politics.

Who is taken more seriously by WHO!? Demand to know the answer WHO he is taken more seriously by. DEMAND IT. Call them up. Email them. DEMAND to know who Huckabee is taken more seriously by. If they're going to print that and just leave it hanging we NEED to hold them accountable for the statement. Ron Paul SHOULD be taken more seriously because Ron Paul has the money, and the supporters. Huckabee doesn't even have polling numbers to justify this statement.

DEMAND IT!

Here's the contact info:

Public Editor: Readers with comments or questions about news coverage in The Sun are invited to call Paul XXXX at 410-332-XXXX or toll-free at 1-800-829-XXXX, Ext. XXXX, or by e-mail at XXXXX@baltsun.com. He will try to return all calls, and every concern will be passed on to the appropriate editors and staff members.

And if you want to raise the stakes, here is the advertising info where you can tell them that you are going to start contacting advertisers with your complaints about their biased coverage:
XXXX@baltimoresun.com

Energy
10-31-2007, 03:47 AM
From blog post:
Paul, whose political passion can come across as strident and pushy on the TV debates, is not known for his comebacks, one-liners, quips or even smiles, although he's got a big grin on his website.

RP's got the best comebacks and quips, and intelligent at that!

The writer pulls the tired, long-settled "Ron Paul blames the US for 9/11 for its bombing of Iraq" angle. Unbelievable.

The author, Andrew Malcolm, writes for Top of the Ticket, the L.A. Times' political blog -- where he shall deservingly belong, writing for blogs in the corner away from real journalism.

dmitchell
10-31-2007, 03:51 AM
Huckabee is taken more seriously by the mainstream media.

I disagree with the OP. I don't think this piece warrants angry letters. It is completely unremarkable and will be forgotten within hours.

Energy
10-31-2007, 03:58 AM
Huckabee is taken more seriously by the mainstream media.

I disagree with the OP. I don't think this piece warrants angry letters. It is completely unremarkable and will be forgotten within hours.

Yeah, no need for the angry letters. The blog comments are ripping it apart.

The writer (Andrew Malcolm) brilliantly points out RP has two first names, and one commenter wrote, "You have 2 first names as well. Smart ass." :D

ConstitutionGal
10-31-2007, 06:49 AM
I thought about leaving a comment but it would be SO hard to stay on par with this one:

This blog is a scripted joke.

or this one:

It's goofy misleading articles like this written by goofballs like this which tend to send American Citizens straight to the Ron Paul website to investigate for themselves.....so thanks....for the publicity.

Pete
10-31-2007, 07:01 AM
The commenters beat this guy like a redheaded stepchild. :D

wgadget
10-31-2007, 07:01 AM
There were a gazillion comments on that story BEFORE the Leno interview. I can imagine that by now it's up to two gazillion. Heh.

Bradley in DC
10-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Taco John,

On the whole, it's a good write-up. Can we please get past this immediate response that if something isn't is a complete rave it's a "hit piece" already? Name recognition is probably our greatest hurdle at this point still. This one helps address that problem. Please don't go out of your way to antagonize the media.

KewlRonduderules
10-31-2007, 07:07 AM
Taco John,

On the whole, it's a good write-up. Can we please get past this immediate response that if something isn't is a complete rave it's a "hit piece" already? Name recognition is probably our greatest hurdle at this point still. This one helps address that problem. Please don't go out of your way to antagonize the media.

Thank you.

My sentiments exactly!

;)