PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Plans Iowa Tea Party Tour

tsai3904
07-05-2011, 05:43 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/07/05/rand-paul-plans-iowa-bus-tour/

Republican Sen. Rand Paul will be traveling throughout Iowa on July 29 and July 30 to encourage voters to support limited government principles and fiscal responsibility, staff members with his father’s presidential campaign announced today.

“Rand Paul’s message strikes a strong chord with the tea party here in Iowa,” Drew Ivers, Iowa Chairman of the Ron Paul 2012, said in a statement. “His message of stopping out-of-control federal spending is exactly what the Republican party needs at this time.”

Since joining the Senate in January, the younger Paul has been a strong advocate for cutting federal spending and a strong opponent of raising the debt ceiling. The freshman senator won the election largely due to Tea Party support.

Sen. Paul will be making stops in: Altoona, Ames, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Des Moines, Dubuque, Mason City, Sioux City, Spencer and Waterloo.

Ron Paul’s campaign staff members said further details about the bus tour would be announced soon.

mit26chell
07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
So this is to campaign for Ron?

AJ Antimony
07-05-2011, 05:56 PM
I guess that settles the question of 'when will Rand be used?'

Finally!

The campaign better use Rand to their advantage. The other candidates would LOVE to have Rand campaigning for them. He's pretty darn popular among the GOP.

tsai3904
07-05-2011, 06:00 PM
So this is to campaign for Ron?

Yes. The campaign issued a press release that says the same thing in the article.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110705006487/en/Rand-Paul%E2%80%99s-Iowa-Tea-Party-Tour

07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Rand Paul is the best thing going for Ron Paul, in many respects.

I do not hesitate to say this: Rand, if he campaigns enough, could double our numbers in Iowa. Because Rand is like a door by which the mainstream conservative can become more familiar with Ron, whereas otherwise such a voter might not have given Ron a chance.

This becomes especially important if Rand is used to help the campaign gain inroads into local GOP circles in Iowa.

mit26chell
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Yes! This is a great idea, and looks like he has scheduled it with perfect timing, just before the big straw poll.

The way I see this going is Rand re-declaring much of Bachmann's Tea Party crowd, namely those more hawkish Tea Party folks on defense who need to be reeducated by Rand regarding the cost of our foreign policy and how it is directly related to our fiscal crisis.

I'm also assuming that Rand will be touring for free (maybe I'm wrong), which means free, or at least relatively cheap, promo for Ron.

sailingaway
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
That is interesting since it doesn't specifically say he's campaigning for his Dad, yet is by Ron's committee. Maybe it is just supposed to be assumed. Well, that's good, because some of the candidates don't have day jobs and are campaigning full time.

Personally, I see Rand as kinda Ron's VP, whether he is called that or not. He can take people and issues on in a way Ron can't.

muzzled dogg
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
abOUT F'N TIME

Sola_Fide
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
This is great.

Gage
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
+1776

Fermli
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Superman to the rescue!

sailingaway
07-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Isn't 'rescue' a little over the top? You roll out the endorsements at the right time, and Rand said he'd do as much campaigning as his Dad wanted, just as his Dad campaigned for him. Ron campaigned for Ron in 2007, as well. In fact he spoke at the 'original' tea party in Boston December 16, 2007, campaigning for his Dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cflovYEoEu0

Billay
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Rand should have ran for president.

speciallyblend
07-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Rand should have ran for president.

naa next time, if he runs this time it will be to build ron paul's base!! rand 2016 or ron pauls vp.

HOLLYWOOD
07-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Campaign Bus Touring from town to town?

Has the campaign/grassroots coordinated rallies, parades, fundraisers?

Maybe a little more thought than just a couple dozen volunteers holding a 2'x3' sign on the side of the road?

FSP-Rebel
07-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Thrilled to hear this!

Sola_Fide
07-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Maybe a little more thought than just a couple dozen volunteers holding a 2'x3' sign on the side of the road?

Good question.

sailingaway
07-05-2011, 08:14 PM

They just decided to do it, give them a few days.

Sola_Fide
07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I've been waiting to see what kind of effect Rand would have on RP2012. It has the potential to change the entire direction of the debate, just like Rand has already changed the direction of the debate in the Republican party.

IndianaPolitico
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
This is awesome! This could change the ENTIRE game in Iowa.

Eric21ND
07-05-2011, 09:16 PM
I hope its for more than just two days :(

White Bear Lake
07-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Sen. Paul will be making stops in: Altoona, Ames, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Des Moines, Dubuque, Mason City, Sioux City, Spencer and Waterloo.

I may need to take a trip down I35 for a day.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-06-2011, 02:06 AM
That is interesting since it doesn't specifically say he's campaigning for his Dad,

I don't think that's too bad, even if he can open people's ears to listen to the liberty message then that'd automatically bring them to Ron & he shouldn't be exposed too much too early either, he's the ace in Ron's campaign, can't waste him so easily

Personally, I see Rand as kinda Ron's VP, whether he is called that or not. He can take people and issues on in a way Ron can't.

+1
True

WorldonaString
07-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Looking forward to this! I agree, I hope he can manage to visit Iowa more than 2 days in the coming weeks.

pauladin
07-06-2011, 04:25 AM
rand will get those iowa poll #'s up a percent or two. :)

speciallyblend
07-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Looking forward to this! I agree, I hope he can manage to visit Iowa more than 2 days in the coming weeks.

rand needs to make a nh trip as well. I just do not see a negative if rand paul was to enter the 2012 race help ron paul attack the issues on the stage then endorse ron paul;) ps would be a great stepping stone for a full on 2016 run but if he ran in 2012. He would help open up the brainwashed to support Ron Paul, I have a Dream!!

Shane Harris
07-06-2011, 07:15 AM
would like to see more than 2 days and would like to see him specifically stumping FOR dad, WITH dad, and no uncertainty who he is endorsing. otherwise i have little faith that it will directly translate into numbers for Ron. he might even accidentally get numbers for someone else if he doesnt specifically campaign for g-ron

Paul Or Nothing II
07-06-2011, 07:40 AM
would like to see more than 2 days and would like to see him specifically stumping FOR dad, WITH dad, and no uncertainty who he is endorsing. otherwise i have little faith that it will directly translate into numbers for Ron. he might even accidentally get numbers for someone else if he doesnt specifically campaign for g-ron

No, Ron is not as dependent on Rand for an Ames straw poll victory as he would be in the primaries - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?299019-Ames-Straw-Poll-By-the-Numbers-(Or-How-Many-People-Does-Ron-Paul-Need-to-Win-)

We've the numbers there, it's just a question of whether campaign can reach them & hopefully, majority of them will come since the campaign will be paying the expenses. So considering that we shouldn't be wasting Rand before Ames, Ron CAN win Ames on his own & then we'll get a bump then a little bit later, Rand can openly come out & be declared VP which'll give us an additional bump & those two bumps will hopefully give us the necessary momemtum needed to firmly put us on our way to a realistic chance of winning the primaries & the GOP nomination.

BUSHLIED
07-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Just saw on FOX that Rand will be campaigning with his dad for ten-days in IOWA...that is what they said on FOX news moments ago...they also mentioned that both Santorum and Pawlenty are doing poorly in both fundraising and the polls, I think they said they are not gaining TRACTION...they didn't say this about Paul however...

Romulus
07-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Rand is a Fox darling too.... man.. more great news!! This is going to give us a great boost.

sailingaway
07-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Rand is a Fox darling too.... man.. more great news!! This is going to give us a great boost.

That's the thing. The conservative media wont cover Ron, but they won't black Rand out. It makes a big difference. Also, supposing Rand talks about the TSA and Patriot Act and how we don't have money because of the 'forever war' in the middle east..... positions Ron pushes and a certain other so called tea party candidate votes against?

ForLibertyFight
07-07-2011, 01:04 AM
This is great news. I was wondering when our secret weapon, Rand, was going to be deployed.

I hope Rand endorses his father before the straw poll.

Eric21ND
07-07-2011, 05:16 AM
10 days is more like it woohoo!