PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lee - Tea Party Role Model

realtonygoodwin
07-05-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58300.html

“We spent a number of hours talking about political philosophy, legal philosophy and basic principles,” Cruz recalled of his meetings with Lee. “If a candidate is an establishment Republican who is running just to get along, I would not think the meeting would be fruitful.”

I think this is to set him up as a kingmaker before an eventual Romney endorsement. If he were to instead end up endorsing RP, it would be helpful.

Slutter McGee
07-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Id say he is a tea-party role model. His votes have been almost as good as Rand's. Chaffetz, Cruz, and Flake all in the senate would be a big help for us, even though none would be as good as Rand in my opinion. Of course, I am still hoping we get one senate candidate to support this election cycle his is a flat out liberty candidate.

Slutter McGee

Romulus
07-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah.. we'll see who he supports.

Guitarzan
07-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I like Lee...and as far as I know, he's been really good in the Senate...and I've never heard him say anything that would make me skeptical about his principles.

But I read this article through Lew Rockwell's site yesterday, and Lew basically called Lee a neocon. Am I missing something, or is Lew just more of a cynic than I am?

Romulus
07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
If Lee supports Romney, I'll loose all respect for him.

These guys were elected to buck the status quo, then they turn around and support it and we make excuses for them doing so!

We'll see how things flesh themselves out with Lee... I know RP endorsed him in his race. Well see if he returns the favor.

Koz
07-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Lee said two days ago that he would vote for an increase in the debt ceiling. He hasn't had to take any tough votes yet. Seems like he's closer to the establishment than he is to liberty.

Chieppa1
07-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I personally am withholding all my grades of supposed "liberty candidates" or "liberty activists" or even talking heads we seem to like until their endorsements come out. Nothing to me shows how principled and honest you are more then putting your name behind what he believe in. Chaffetz is kind of dead to me.

ctiger2
07-06-2011, 12:25 PM
I guarantee Lee doesn't endorse Paul. It will be Romney just watch. Then they'll both fly off to Israel together to get their updated marching orders from Netty.

iamse7en
07-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Lee won't endorse anyone, is my guess. He probably secretly supports his fellow Mormon, Romney though. Turncoat! As a Mormon, the only person I can support is the one who will defend the Constitution. There is only one at the moment.

Romulus
07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
I personally am withholding all my grades of supposed "liberty candidates" or "liberty activists" or even talking heads we seem to like until their endorsements come out. Nothing to me shows how principled and honest you are more then putting your name behind what he believe in. Chaffetz is kind of dead to me.

Agreed.

PermanentSleep
07-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Lee will endorse Ron or he won't endorse anyone, or at least that has been my feeling. I don't see how he can align himself with Rand this often and not be on the same page as Ron. Remember, serious Liberty is the most contagious thing imaginable.

Romulus
07-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Lee will endorse Ron or he won't endorse anyone, or at least that has been my feeling. I don't see how he can align himself with Rand this often and not be on the same page as Ron. Remember, serious Liberty is the most contagious thing imaginable.

These guys also want to get reelected back home...

PermanentSleep
07-13-2011, 06:25 PM
These guys also want to get reelected back home...

True, but have you heard Lee give speeches on the Constitution and how serious he takes it? I couldn't possibly see him endorsing anyone else if he really believes what he says to be true.