PDA

View Full Version : list of 36 points covered in the AWESOME Jay Leno interview

Thomas_Paine
10-31-2007, 02:23 AM
Let's take a look at what 5+ millions people learned about Dr. Paul last night on Jay Leno

Points Gracefully covered during the Jay Leno interview:

1. Personal History (quite extensive)
2. 30+ year Passion for Economics, known that we have gone the wrong direction all this time.
3. Economic Philosophy: Austrian Economics (free market)
4. "hard money" vs. fiat currency
5. 10th Term Congressman
6. 2nd Run for President (formerly as a Libertarian)
7. Q: Why such great fund raising, A: The views are popular, we defend the constitution and very limited government, young people love it, I say things like, "would you like to get out of social security, you're not going to get anything" and they say YEAH get out!
8. Ending Social Security myth erradicated. Explains the changes his presidency would make would SAVE social security for those who are dependant on the system.
9. Bragging rights: Never voted to spend money from Social Security
10. Save BILLIONS and BILLIONS by ending the American empire
11. Bring Troops Home
12. Cut Deficit
13 Take care of those who are dependant
14.Allowing people who want to be self-reliant to get out of the system
15. Abolish the IRS....HOW? Easy just cut spending to year 2000 levels
16. America did fine without an income tax up to 1913
17. No IRS No Empire
18. Flax Tax? Yeah a REAL flat tax... LIKE ZER0!!!
19. Keep 40 percent more of your own money.
20. Special interests fighting over the shrinking pie
21. Money stays closer to the people
22. Much Smaller Government
23. Iraq, bring the troops home now, a wise choice.
24. Bad choice to go in, bad choice to stay (2 wrongs don't make a right)
25. Troops are demoralized
26. National Defense is in worse shape, overly engaged
27. Less Safe, More Volunerable to attack
28. Isolationist? No I follow the founders admonition, peace, commerce friendship, travel, diplomacy, NO ENTANGLING ALLIANCES
29. Greatest THREAT is our civil liberteries is HERE
30. What's your goal? Upset the apple cart?
31. Doing better than when we began, Explosive growth, Meetups. Gone further than would have believe
32. Risk that Ron Paul could Win
33. Vice-President? they wouldn't want me, Couldn't be apart of an administration which disagreed with foreign policy
34. Only one in the Republican pack that advocates non-intervensionism overseas.
35. Republicans USED to endorse a humble foreign policy, NO NATION BUILDING
36. Young people love Ron Paul!!!

goRPaul
10-31-2007, 02:28 AM
Gotta love 28. I hope this leads to less attacks using that tag.

James R
10-31-2007, 02:29 AM
It really couldn't have gone better. All the points were covered well.

tfelice
10-31-2007, 04:35 AM
I agree, the questions set up Paul perfectly. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

freelance
10-31-2007, 04:37 AM
Wow, if that's playing devil's advocate, let's have more of it.

CasualApathy
10-31-2007, 05:37 AM
I think you misunderstood 19, as i see it in the interview, Jay is asking how much would you have to get rid of to do without the income tax (Jay mistakenly says social security).

Jay says "It seems to me that no matter how much you give to the government, they seem to spend twice as much. So how much would you have to get rid of..?" and Ron Paul reply's "About 40%, you don't have to get rid of all of the government. If you got rid of the income tax you'd still have the same amount of income as in the year 2000"

Politeia
10-31-2007, 07:09 AM
32. Risk that Ron Paul could Win

I've seen some comments that didn't like his use of the word "risk" here, but I thought it was great. One of the most appealing things about Ron Paul is his sense of humor; the ideas, points and positions of course are fantastic -- I thought Dr. Paul really hit it out of the park, getting everything into such a drastically limited time frame! -- but the man himself is the final sell: On the emotional level I'm certain the viewers couldn't help but like him. Which is really important, because as we know many of his ideas are frightening to the sheeple. But Dr. Paul comes across as both very intelligent and knowledgeable -- which can make less-intelligent people suspicious -- and as a nice guy who can be trusted.

I thought this whole occasion -- even including "Johnny Rotten"s antics -- was perfect, and will prove another watershed on the order of Giuliani's abuse in the First Debate.

"I'm not perfect, but the message is perfect." Truly, something is happening here, which transcends even its significance as the most important moment in American history.

peruvianRP
10-31-2007, 08:22 AM
You tube pelase? I fell asleep around 930 last night.

Politeia
10-31-2007, 08:35 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5448653651359708857

Blowback
10-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Interview kicked so much ass.

Bob Cochran
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
On the emotional level I'm certain the viewers couldn't help but like him.
Yes, Ron Paul is the kind of man you'd want as your next-door neighbor, someone you know you can trust, someone who is a good converstationalist and an astute, independent thinker, who will come to the backyard BBQs and say a few interesting things.

Syren123
10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Jay is a 100% professional, and a class act with a capital C.

Quick
10-31-2007, 10:52 AM
My favorite part last night was when Ron Paul said something to the effect of..

"I have my short comings, but the message doesn't."

Shows that, unlike some of the other people running, that he admits that he isn't perfect. What a great man.

Thomas_Paine
10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
this may be the watershed moment we have been waiting for, let's pray it is.

FACT: Millions more now know the message of Dr. Paul.

FACT: Ron Paul just immunized the population to the media spin and propaganda

FACT: More BIG Interviews will follow!

Blowback
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
My favority part was how courteous Ron Paul was. He directly answered every question and never went on a rant.

That means people are lining up to interview him.

Jay Leno is THE MAN!

UtahApocalypse
10-31-2007, 12:11 PM
The interview was amazing. Best yet. It was witty, filled with correct info, hit a ton of subjects. The jokes were all positive, the antics of the Sex Pistols hit another crowd. Seriously last night was perfect could not ask for more. Also as much as some on here don't like Tom Cruise, or think he would hurt I disagree. He has a HUGE fan base, He has big money connections with Scientology, and has apparently done his research. If he and/or the Scientolgist community back or endorse RP I will take that in a heartbeat.

Primbs
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Friendly wins.

Ron Paul is more like a smiling conservative of Ronald Reagan than the snarling conservatives.

JaylieWoW
10-31-2007, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't take Leno as the "flowerly" type, but what about raising some money to buy him something for his bike?

http://www.bikemenu.com/photos/turbine/03.jpg

I know nothing about motorcycles so would anyone who does know something have an appropriate motorcycle accessory we could send?

I didn't get to watch it "live" but I was equally enthused and happy that Leno didn't do like most and attempt to paint Ron as a crank. It was the one of, if not the best interview I've seen.

For some real fun see the YouTube of Jay on his turbine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTmgfF1zghg).

Maybe something fun like a pillow for his ass in case he falls off with Google Ron Paul.... ok silly idea, but you get the point.

Ideas?

Syren123
10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Kent Snyder gave Dr P a bumper sticker to give to Jay for Jay's new corvette! He gave it to him during the commercial break.

And Dr P autographed Jay's copy of Foreign Policy of Freedom.

I'm wondering if Mises Institute got a bump in hits today from all the new folks curious about Austrian economics!

DeadheadForPaul
10-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Is the interviwe on youtube? The Google Video will not work for me!! :(

i havent seen it yet

RP4ME
10-31-2007, 02:17 PM
if this thread doesnt show how we will glom onto and analyze every word the man says! hahaha :D