PDA

View Full Version : What happened at the Hollywood fundraiser?

goRPaul
10-31-2007, 02:20 AM
Anybody know? That was probably all offline contributions because there wasn't a donation code that I could find. Hope lots of people and celebrities showed up!

Lord Xar
10-31-2007, 02:25 AM
celebrities. for some reason, I think celebrities are afraid to openly support ron paul.

Energy
10-31-2007, 02:32 AM
From http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=14065

John Bolton (Helio) wrote:
I was there tonight and it was a SMASH! The event was sold out at 60, but there were at least 80-90 people there. We all watched the Jay Leno show (streamed from NY) together. We were all pumped about his great showing on the show tonight. Everyone was excited about the Tom Cruise movie clip that talked about "admitting the mistake of the Iraq war" - right before RP came on! RP's message was perfect througout the interview. We all cheered at the end patting RP on the back.

I also spoke to Kent Snyder (campaign mgr) about the NH TV ad #1. He said it was meant to be that way and was targeting an elderly, Republican voter. The producer of the commercial has been doing this for years and has helped Ron and other Repubs win over many years. He also mentioned it is a first of many and that it was just an intro to a demographic we do not really relate to.

RP finished the night with another great speech and many, many pictures.

Finally, Lew Rockwell was there! He is a libertarian icon (for those who don't know) and a big supporter of Ron Paul. We got to chat about the movement RP is spawning and how people are already running on his platform.

I'll post pics later. Too tired from all the excitement!

PS - He NAILED IT on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno!

michaelwise
10-31-2007, 02:50 AM
From http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=14065

John Bolton (Helio) wrote:
I was there tonight and it was a SMASH! The event was sold out at 60, but there were at least 80-90 people there. We all watched the Jay Leno show (streamed from NY) together. We were all pumped about his great showing on the show tonight. Everyone was excited about the Tom Cruise movie clip that talked about "admitting the mistake of the Iraq war" - right before RP came on! RP's message was perfect througout the interview. We all cheered at the end patting RP on the back.

I also spoke to Kent Snyder (campaign mgr) about the NH TV ad #1. He said it was meant to be that way and was targeting an elderly, Republican voter. The producer of the commercial has been doing this for years and has helped Ron and other Repubs win over many years. He also mentioned it is a first of many and that it was just an intro to a demographic we do not really relate to.

RP finished the night with another great speech and many, many pictures.

Finally, Lew Rockwell was there! He is a libertarian icon (for those who don't know) and a big supporter of Ron Paul. We got to chat about the movement RP is spawning and how people are already running on his platform.

I'll post pics later. Too tired from all the excitement!

PS - He NAILED IT on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno!Word!

Taco John
10-31-2007, 03:28 AM
Who was there? Celebs?

LibertyEagle
10-31-2007, 04:18 AM
Anybody know? That was probably all offline contributions because there wasn't a donation code that I could find. Hope lots of people and celebrities showed up!

I do know that they had an online form on the campaign website, that you could use to both register and pay.

Maybe since they had a special project code, they haven't been rolled into the totals yet. I hope not, because we need the "bump".

James R
10-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Hope lots of people and celebrities showed up!

I laughed when I read "people and celebrities showed up". What are you saying there? :D

quickmike
10-31-2007, 05:38 AM
I laughed when I read "people and celebrities showed up". What are you saying there? :D

Pshhhh, dont you know that theres a HUGE difference between people and celebrities? People are just, well, people. Celebrities are like 1000% more important than people. If you put a celebrity through an x-ray, you will find their skeletal structure is far more advanced than us mere "people"

They are better, stronger and faster than us. Come on, everyone knows that.;)

mtmedlin
10-31-2007, 06:28 AM
Does anybody know how much it was to attend? I had heard $2000 but most of his appearances are only $1000

NinjaPirate
10-31-2007, 06:43 AM
$2,000 minimum donation at that event.

ItsTime
10-31-2007, 07:07 AM
$2000 was the min but part of that went to the Redcross to help with the fires.