PDA

View Full Version : Is the Supreme Court fed up with Obama?

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Obama may be in deep trouble… Chief Justice John Roberts, U.S. Supreme Court

http://redwhitebluenews.com/?p=7581

I have no idea how much credence to give this. Did Kennedy really say he had no intention of retiring "until [Obama] is gone"?

Vessol
07-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't know about that, but I do know one thing. I'm fed up with the Supreme Court.

It makes no sense.

Judges, installed by the Executive Branch for life service, judge whether or not something is Constitutional. Basically it's the government deciding if its actions are constitutional or not. Rothbard wrote a good deal about it, and much more elegantly.

Philhelm
07-04-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't know about that, but I do know one thing. I'm fed up with the Supreme Court.

It makes no sense.

Judges, installed by the Executive Branch for life service, judge whether or not something is Constitutional. Basically it's the government deciding if its actions are constitutional or not. Rothbard wrote a good deal about it, and much more elegantly.

What makes it worse, and more glaringly obvious, is that 5-4 decisions aren't uncommon. If we really lived in a nation with the rule of law, I'd expect to see mostly unanimous decisions, with the occasional 8-1 or so. Apparently our laws simply aren't clear enough for such learned men and women to arrive to the same logical conclusions. It's nothing but the opinion of nine men in robes deciding the fate for over 300 million people.

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Still, if they are planning to fight some of this crap Obama's been unilaterally doing, I think that's terrific. Although, I'm afraid I won't like their reasoning.

hillbilly123069
07-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I think the justices are realizing the masses are awake and they want to be on the winning side.