PDA

View Full Version : The Washington Times on 2d Quarter Presidential Race Fundraising

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/4/romney-leads-gop-hopefuls-in-filling-war-chest/

Even if Mr. Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, who spent Monday marching in several Fourth of July parades in New Hampshire, reports only $15 million, that will still be more than three times as much as his nearest competitors. Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. — who also took part in a New Hampshire Fourth of July parade on Monday — raked in about $4.1 million, and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty amassed about $4.2 million, according to the Associated Press.

But the biggest surprise may be Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a tea party favorite who surprised political analysts in 2008 with strong primary showings and even stronger fundraising tallies. In the second quarter, Mr. Paul pulled in nearly $4.5 million, according to a campaign press release.

Mr. Paul attributed his financial prowess to the fact that Republican voters now realize that much of what he preached in 2008 — such as the need to dramatically reduce government spending or risk a debt crisis — has turned out to be right.

“I’m the only candidate who can say that I predicted our country’s current economic troubles,” he said in a written statement to supporters. Mr. Paul will return to Iowa on Wednesday to resume campaigning. Fox News reported that he spent the Fourth of July at a family barbecue.

Note that half the media is saying Bachmann's take should be second to Romney's and huge, the other half is pretending she didn't have a bank account before she announced formally last Monday and is suggesting no one should expect anything at all. They all expect her to transfer millions from her Congressional account.

Legend1104
07-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Good comments, and good news. It is a very important thing for the Paul campaign to be able to say that it came in second in fund raising. It is just one more thing to help us say that we are legit. It is also even more important that we rake in even more the next time and do very well at Ames.

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 09:41 PM
We are more than 'legit', Ron is second or third in New Hampshire, in the top against Obama in polling, (and above Perry polling against Obama, in TEXAS) etc etc etc.

hillertexas
07-05-2011, 08:05 AM
“I’m the only candidate who can say that I predicted our country’s current economic troubles.”

“I’m the only candidate who can say that I predicted our country’s current economic troubles.”

:)