PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Reasons why Americans should pick Mitt Romney over Ron Paul

ForLiberty2012
07-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Now seriously, I just want to know. Perhaps there is a Mitt Romney fan cruising these forums, or have any of you had an argument with a Romney supporter where they might have raised a valid point? And you can't say because he's younger, better looking, or a better speaker.

Ready set, go!

newyearsrevolution08
07-04-2011, 12:38 AM
I have plenty of reasons

1. If you want BIGGER government
2. If you want someone who has flip flopped on just about EVERYTHING
3. If you want someone who will keep our troops fighting never ending wars
4. If you are a traitor to the constitution and vote for anyone other than Ron Paul
5. If you want to elect someone actually named "mittens"

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 12:48 AM
If you think tying the dog to the roof of the family car for a road trip was really kinda gutsy....

asurfaholic
07-04-2011, 07:27 AM
The biggest reason people would vote for him is Mitt is the one who is projected as the leader by MSM - so most people who are not interested in learning for themselves are drawn to who they believe will win. They have been calling him the frontrunner despite the fact he doesn't win in most polls, and will probably continue to do it until the end.

Plus he
-raised a ton of money
-looks like a super hero
-talks in a cool demeanor, and doesn't sound crazy
-says and endorses whatever the crowd wants to hear

thats all I can think of....

Working Poor
07-04-2011, 07:41 AM
The biggest reason people would vote for him is Mitt is the one who is projected as the leader by MSM - so most people who are not interested in learning for themselves are drawn to who they believe will win. They have been calling him the frontrunner despite the fact he doesn't win in most polls, and will probably continue to do it until the end.

Plus he
-raised a ton of money
-looks like a super hero
-talks in a cool demeanor, and doesn't sound crazy
-says and endorses whatever the crowd wants to hear

thats all I can think of....

All that and not a hair out of place what more could someone ask for? Vote Mitt Romney the Stepford President.

Todd
07-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Yes I've had this conversation with a Romney fan and it goes like this.

"Mitt looks presidential....He is better than Obama...Ron Paul is a kook"

asurfaholic
07-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Yes I've had this conversation with a Romney fan and it goes like this.

"Mitt looks presidential....He is better than Obama...Ron Paul is a kook"

Sounds like an easy convert... Maybe send him a link to the For Liberty video?

newyearsrevolution08
07-04-2011, 08:21 AM

Might be a little over their head if all they are worrying about is "looks"....

pretty common American politics response.

newyearsrevolution08
07-04-2011, 08:26 AM
btw while I find it flattering that there are mittens supporters in here, why pretend to be paul supporters "wondering" about stuff and just come out and say it.

We aren't hiding in the closet for Ron Paul and hope people aren't embarrassed to support their candidate or feel they have to be sneeky. If that is what you need to do for mittens, I say jump ship.

Mitt Romney is NOT for the constitution
Mitt Romney could NOT beat obama even if his life depended on it
Mitt Romney is NOT a true patriot in any sense of the word
Mitt Romney is more of a democrat leaning repub than anyone running
Mitt Romney flip flops more than i.h.o.p. on mothers day
Mitt Romney wants to run the country like a business, which we ARE NOT.
Mitt Romney is nothing but a suite and a fake smile
Mitt Romney is LAUGHABLE at best
Mitt Romney will NOT get the christian vote
Mitt Romney will NOT get the 2nd ammendment voters
Mitt Romney will not get the dem voters to switch to him over obama so he is a LOST CAUSE
Mitt Romney needs to GO HOME and play business on his own time.

Ron Paul or Bust

Mittens can go home!!!
We don't want him in OUR white house.

psi2941
07-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Now seriously, I just want to know. Perhaps there is a Mitt Romney fan cruising these forums, or have any of you had an argument with a Romney supporter where they might have raised a valid point? And you can't say because he's younger, better looking, or a better speaker.

Ready set, go!

Because we need the Dollar to collapse, I don't want the baby boomers to be bailed out. If Ron Paul had his way, we would almost cut everything across the board. In the end his probably going to level with the people that their retirement age is going to have to increase and take a cut in the benefits but not eliminate it. So in the end his somehow his going to save the entitlement system. But if we get a typical politician like Mitt, were going to spend until the Dollar collapse, then overnight everyone who is on SS, medicare, federal employees, teachers are going to be fucked. I want these people to be fucked, they deserve it, its their dumb voting habits and voting incompetent people who put us in this mess.

Its the baby boomers fault, and it should be the baby boomers who should absorb the brunt of the dollar collapse. So yes, i want Mitt or Obama to win, but i still will vote on principle for Ron Paul.

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Vote Mitt Romney the Stepford President.

THAT would be a COOL name for an anti- Mitt Romney site

Todd
07-04-2011, 10:27 AM

Oh...did I mention he's also a Mormon. He's not really one to reason with...not because of his religion. Thinks Romney is a textbook conservative.

Raudsarw
07-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I was hoping this would be some kind of article to laugh at. I just don't understand how Romney is popular.

Athan
07-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I can't think of any. Once Romney has the nomination, there is no reason anybody would vote for him over obama other than "I don't like black people" or "he's a republican like me".

ForLiberty2012
07-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I can't think of any. Once Romney has the nomination, there is no reason anybody would vote for him over obama other than "I don't like black people" or "he's a republican like me".

Yeah... I love his ads that just bash Obama all the time and he never offers a solution

Working Poor
07-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I was hoping this would be some kind of article to laugh at. I just don't understand how Romney is popular.

My reply was funny

angelatc
07-04-2011, 06:28 PM
I get "he fixed the Olympics!" a lot. :)

eworthington
07-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Angelatc,

Other than being from Michigan, I still can't figure out why Romney is popular here; then again I am from Milliken country. I hear the Olympic comment a lot; I also hear that "he knows business."

Tinnuhana
07-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Warren Buffett "knows business"...and didn't see the crash coming.There's a difference between being a good businessman and a good economist.

Eric21ND
07-04-2011, 08:57 PM
We could use his hair as a strategic oil reserve.

BamaAla
07-04-2011, 09:34 PM
<-------- Was a Romney supporter during the '08 primaries before my conversion and general vote for Baldwin.

The high points of why I liked him:
He was against the auto bailouts
He was a little more moderate socially
His state had done pretty well under his governorship
He was a successful businessman

What I didn't like:
Wishy-washy
Weak on the Second Amendment
Hawkish

Doubt any of this will help you debate Romney supporters, but it's what I can contribute. I wasn't tickled about supporting him, but I hated Rudy, McCain, and Huckabee. Thank goodness I found a good woman who brought me around to liberty.

Paul4Prez
07-05-2011, 12:14 AM
If you don't like Romney's stance on a particular issue, all you have to do is wait a few weeks.