PDA

View Full Version : July 4th patriotic celebrations create more Republicans, Harvard study warns

stefank
07-03-2011, 11:07 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/07/july-4th-july-fourth-parade-fireworks-republicans.html

A new Harvard University study finds that all this July Fourth red-white-and-blue stuff -- the parades and floats, the fire engines and soldiers, flags, fireworks, hand-over-the-heart stuff -- actually helps create more Republicans.

Worse, it also energizes that crowd to participate dutifully in politics and vote in upcoming elections.

These July Fourth believers are then more likely to indoctrinate their own future children into the GOP cult with its strange suspicions of well-meaning government controls and shovel-ready spending, plus its bizarre beliefs in things like free enterprise and wage-earners knowing best how to spend their own money.
I really hope this is a satire article so i guess believing in the free market and spending your own money is bad.

Because, as everyone knows, Republicans have more money than Democrats, who are busier collecting petition signatures to fix something.
How about instead of wasting your time signing petitions for the government to fix something you actually fix something yourself
and lastly im sure earth day helps turn more kids into liberals.

sailingaway
07-03-2011, 11:21 PM
I think it is very nice of the Democrats to leave the parades to Republicans and conservative leaning independents. I like Fourth of Julyparades.

Vessol
07-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Lmao. That is a very well-written and clever article. Worthy of The Onion XD

stefank
07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
independence day bump

heavenlyboy34
07-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I think it is very nice of the Democrats to leave the parades to Republicans and conservative leaning independents. I like Fourth of Julyparades.
I don't care for government holy-days (http://lewrockwell.com/north/north1002.html)or the veneration of the government that goes with them. JMO.

LibertyEagle
07-04-2011, 04:06 PM
The 4th of July is a celebration of our independence from an oppressive government. It is the American people's holiday.

It is almost unbelievable to me that there are so many people alive today who do not even realize why we fought this war. If they did, perhaps they would then realize that while we slept, we have allowed our own government to become even more oppressive than the government our ancestors fought against in the War for Independence.