PDA

View Full Version : Gadsden (Navy Jack etc) ties and lapel pins

GunnyFreedom
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey guys,

You may or may not have heard that the NC House GOP caucus has concluded that they cannot beat me in a head-to-head election and so they are trying to redistrict me out of my seat. In fact, they are dividing my county up three ways -- NC House to be operated out of a city in another county, NC Senate to be operated out of a city in yet another county, and US Congress to be divided even further.

Anyway, we go back into session on July 18th for debate and votes on redistricting. We will be in session for a week (~ish)

As part of a (not so) subtle psychological ploy, I am looking to purchase enough Gadsden/Navy Jack/Betsy Ross ties and lapel pins to sit in that session without duplicating them. I have found a site with decent Gadsden lapel pins but that's about the extent of it.

I surely don't have the money to get all custom work, or I'd love a set of flags with the NC flag crossed with a Gadsden flag, likewise NC/Navy Jack and NC/Betsy Ross.

As you can see, I am focusing on heavy tea party symbolism in my ties and lapel pins for the duration of the redistricting special session.

I am posting mostly because I'd like to do business with "our people" when possible, so please let me know (and it will have to be in a hurry) if we have any of our folken what produce tea-party symbolism in ties lapel pins cufflinks etc etc

Or maybe you know a site that has better prices, quality, and/or speed of delivery than what I have found.

Thanks!

GunnyFreedom
07-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Will probably have to order from random sites plus zazzle. still not finding the gadsden or navy jack ties I want. All the gadsden ties have a little repeating pattern snake. I want a giant snake that itself extends most of the visible length of the tie, with the snake head just below the knot and the green grass right around my navel.

But then I may as well get the ones I have already found, as I will be wanting at least 5 - 7 of these thematic ties...

goRPaul
07-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Gunny, have you heard of "Shortest Splitline" districting? It's a computer generated algorithm that draws the shortest line(s) that divide the districts equally based on population. It's a very fair way to draw districts. Do you think anybody might even be remotely interested in it?

Here are some examples for US Congressional districting. It could work at the state level as well. I understand it probably wouldn't get a good reception down at the legislature, but if it piques some interest among your colleagues, it may be worth mentioning.

Gerrymandered:
http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news/local/politics/2010/11/03/8563771/8563772-1298674407-220x165.jpg

Shortest Splitline
http://www.mcwetboy.net/maproom/images/splitline_algorithm_nc.jpg