PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July plans

asurfaholic
07-03-2011, 09:00 PM
I want to be where Ron Paul is on the 4th of July, but I can't seem to find any information on any kind of liberty rally for this day. Can anyone help me?

I do not plan on celebrating, unless I can be at an activist event.

What do you plan on doing for the 4th?

libertybrewcity
07-03-2011, 09:10 PM
drinking and studying

GunnyFreedom
07-03-2011, 09:11 PM
mourning.

CaseyJones
07-03-2011, 09:12 PM
she ain't dead yet gunny
and be liberty asurf just know what you speak of and be true setting those fires

PaulConventionWV
07-03-2011, 09:18 PM
drinking and studying

What? During summer break? That's the most bizarre July 4th plan I've ever heard of!

(It should be watching fireworks and drinking;))

GunnyFreedom
07-03-2011, 09:20 PM
she ain't dead yet gunny
and be liberty asurf just know what you speak of and be true setting those fires

Oh trust me, as long as I have breath and a heartbeat I will never stop. She may not be dead yet, but she is on life support and in a vegetative state. Methinks we need a doctor in the house....

asurfaholic
07-03-2011, 09:22 PM
I have converted 3 this week, but I want to be where the PEOPLE are on the 4th.. not some phony fireworks show...

amy31416
07-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Installing a new light fixture. Cleaning up vomit and poop. Drawing up designs for a half-bath remodel (anyone here good at that stuff?)

heavenlyboy34
07-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Usual stuff. Avoiding the outdoors as much as possible due to the extreme heat

Dorfsmith
07-03-2011, 10:25 PM
We're having a Ron Paul 2012 entry in our local parade (attended by 15,000 people). We'll be handing out Ron Paul literature and we'll have the awesome blimp balloons. I'll post pictures tomorrow night. If all goes as planned, we should have at least 30 people walking with us.

If you're in AZ, join us!

http://www.facebook.com/dorfsmith#!/event.php?eid=124585477621286

Danke
07-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Cleaning up vomit and poop.

Just what have you been feeding Kludge?!?!?

amy31416
07-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Just what have you been feeding Kludge?!?!?

Cheese. Lots of it.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Ron Paul will be with his family I think. My day will consist of cleaning. I celebrated on the 2nd.

angelatc
07-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I want to be where Ron Paul is on the 4th of July, but I can't seem to find any information on any kind of liberty rally for this day. Can anyone help me?

I shall be eating birthday cake.

sailingaway
07-03-2011, 11:08 PM

Ron is not campaigning on the 4th, he has been, and will be right after, but on the 4th he'll be back in Texas (he typically is in a town parade there, and may figure his constituents have first dibs, but I don't know that.) Shem and a bunch of people are walking in the NH 4th of July parade to give Ron a presence, the same one Romney and Huntsman will be in. Clear Lake Iowa will be hosting a parade which Bachmann and Gingrich will be in; Ron Paul supporters will be there too. (I posted about that yesterday or the day before, and Shem posted too, you can search the threads if you are near either.) Those are the two parades I am familiar with where Ron will be represented, but I know there were others, because I saw people discussing them, I just don't remember. You could check meetups in your area and see if they have anything planned.

bkreigh
07-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Play some video games and buy some metamucil.

Nastynate
07-04-2011, 12:07 AM
I'll be hopefully be marching in a parade for Ron Paul in St. Charles, MO.

GunnyFreedom
07-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Thomas Jefferson died on July 4th

WorldonaString
07-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Thomas Jefferson died on July 4th

John Adams passed on the same exact day. It was the 50th anniversary of them signing the Declaration of Independence. Fact is often stranger than fiction...

asurfaholic
07-04-2011, 07:20 AM
I've been hunting the meetup sites, and other organization websites, and I am finding that my area is suprising lacking - I live in New Bern, NC. The closest meetup group is in Jacksonville, and they are very inactive, with less than 40 members.

When I lived in Wilmington, before I became educated, I was always seeing RP supporters standing out by the road and such, but I want to start something here in New Bern. I may be asking for specific guidance on how to start a movement here from some experienced people, but I guess thats for another thread. Good for RP for spending time with his family today, he certainly deserves the break - I was thinking it would be a good move to rally people up on the 4th, but I am just one voice.

I guess me and my wife will be hitting the BBQ grill, and spending some time with friends, but no fireworks this year, our local show is lousy, and traffic problems are horrendous. Plus, they hold the show downtown, where it is plagued with the the inhabitants of the ghetto, which is not much fun for me....

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 08:56 AM
there is a Jacksonville Florida facebook page. A bunch of the Ron Paul meetups in Florida, as I understand it, were switched over to Gary Johnson meetups by their organizer, on his own decision. I think a lot of their organization is on facebook this time. But I saw a lot of Ron Paul activity there when I was looking into the situation for the Presidency 5 poll, I think you just haven't found it. It might be too late to find it today, but you should look further.

Bruno
07-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Wife and I ran a 5K this morning, then watched the local parade. Saw Rick Santorum walking it, little applause. Ron Paul group only had three or four walking in it Wish we would have joined but had planned to watch with our neighbors and their son.

Grilling out and watching fireworks tonight.

Happy 4th, all!

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Wow. That surprises me that there were only a few.

angelatc
07-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I said:

I shall be eating birthday cake.

Actually, at this point, it is a birthday Butterfinger.

The Lolz from my oldest son: He gave me a card that reads :When it comes to being the world's greatest Mom, You've got my vote!"

Then he wrote," You're a much better candidate than Mitt Romney. Seriously, he'd make a terrible mother."

:)

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I said:

Actually, at this point, it is a birthday Butterfinger.

The Lolz from my oldest son: He gave me a card that reads :When it comes to being the world's greatest Mom, You've got my vote!"

Then he wrote," You're a much better candidate than Mitt Romney. Seriously, he'd make a terrible mother."

:)

No kidding, ask Mitt's dog...

Happy birthday!

CaliforniaMom
07-04-2011, 12:21 PM
It's my birthday today. I'll go to a buffet for lunch with some relatives, then go to my Grandma's house, have some cake and presents, and watch fireworks from her roof.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-04-2011, 12:33 PM
did this on Saturday....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARp7zb_eLfs

stops short because the audio gets really bad

GunnyFreedom
07-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I am in a dark, dark mood today. The successes of the enemies of liberty weigh heavy on my mind, as those same enemies of liberty share much applauded Independence Day messages consumed by the people at large as though they were sincere or as if they were a proper representation of what those enemies believe.

As much as my soul is sickened at the thought of these purveyors of the status quo and maintainers of the long road to tyranny sharing long eloquent messages of freedom on this day, and fooling people into deeper slavery, I am still mindful of the struggle of our first Commanding General, General George Washington, who during our struggle for independence saw defeat after defeat after defeat, and just as the last ebb of hope was dying away, victory.

I said when I began this journey a year ago that I would model myself after Ron Paul, and become the Ron Paul of the NC State House. Now, also, it strikes me as necessary to add another model in my fight to reclaim the liberty in this land that was once the land of the free, and that model is George Washington, who despite suffering defeat upon defeat, never gave up, never gave in, and even when all hope was finally lost, found victory in the ashes of defeat.

I will stay in the fight for as long as I am able, for unless we fight, there will be no America that is worth living in. This I will pledge to you, my life, my meager fortune, and my sacred honor...for liberty.

Danke
07-04-2011, 02:11 PM
did this on Saturday....

Long pants in Houston during July! Man, I couldn't even be outside there.

Sola_Fide
07-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I am in a dark, dark mood today. The successes of the enemies of liberty weigh heavy on my mind, as those same enemies of liberty share much applauded Independence Day messages consumed by the people at large as though they were sincere or as if they were a proper representation of what those enemies believe.

As much as my soul is sickened at the thought of these purveyors of the status quo and maintainers of the long road to tyranny sharing long eloquent messages of freedom on this day, and fooling people into deeper slavery, I am still mindful of the struggle of our first Commanding General, General George Washington, who during our struggle for independence saw defeat after defeat after defeat, and just as the last ebb of hope was dying away, victory.

I said when I began this journey a year ago that I would model myself after Ron Paul, and become the Ron Paul of the NC State House. Now, also, it strikes me as necessary to add another model in my fight to reclaim the liberty in this land that was once the land of the free, and that model is George Washington, who despite suffering defeat upon defeat, never gave up, never gave in, and even when all hope was finally lost, found victory in the ashes of defeat.

I will stay in the fight for as long as I am able, for unless we fight, there will be no America that is worth living in. This I will pledge to you, my life, my meager fortune, and my sacred honor...for liberty.

Well said!

Deborah K
07-04-2011, 02:43 PM
We will win this fight, because we are on the side of right.

Happy Birthday America!
http://i53.tinypic.com/ezejxj.jpg

Happy Birthday Angel, and CaliMom.http://i41.tinypic.com/1zn7ugy.jpg

jacque
07-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Thank you Gunny. You have many supporters and we will see you to the end. We will be your courage when you feel like giving up. We will be you back up when you need us. We, in Liberty, support you and your dedication to the Constitution and North Carolina.
Freedom Mom

Nate-ForLiberty
07-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Long pants in Houston during July! Man, I couldn't even be outside there.

yeah it was hot as hell. After the softball game, we moved inside for ping pong. I'm better at ping pong anyway.

stefank
07-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I went to two different parades and both of them had the same model t ford with three Ron Paul 2012 bumper stickers

V3n
07-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to angelatc and CaliforniaMom!!

I always find irony in celebrating our ~freedom from tyranny~ by watching ~government authorized~ fireworks displays.. so I'm just imbibing, playing video games, watching movies, and dreading work tomorrow with the missus. Next round in honor of you fine freedom-lovin' ladies! :D

libertybrewcity
07-04-2011, 07:15 PM
What? During summer break? That's the most bizarre July 4th plan I've ever heard of!

(It should be watching fireworks and drinking;))

IKKK!! I decided to take O-Chem over the summer...ugh

Bruno
07-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Wow. That surprises me that there were only a few.

Yeah, me, too.
http://i56.tinypic.com/2jayush.jpg

angelatc
07-05-2011, 03:49 PM
We're having a Ron Paul 2012 entry in our local parade (attended by 15,000 people). We'll be handing out Ron Paul literature and we'll have the awesome blimp balloons. I'll post pictures tomorrow night. If all goes as planned, we should have at least 30 people walking with us.

If you're in AZ, join us!

http://www.facebook.com/dorfsmith#!/event.php?eid=124585477621286

He's got pictures on his blog: http://flagliberty.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/ron-paul-grassroots-take-part-in-flagstaff-july-4th-parade/