PDA

View Full Version : rEVOLution March Part 2

ChrisDixon
07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I've seen this popping up around Facbook, another march planned for October. Does anyone know who is organizing this effort? Thanks.

sailingaway
07-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't know who is organizing it but I know that it is right around the time Ron will be speaking at the Value Voter's summit, and I think the campaign is aware of it.

ChrisDixon
07-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Hopefully whoever is organizing it turns up, or if there is nobody seriously behind it, when need to start it. This would be the perfect way to show the media we're serious with numbers.

ronpaulhawaii
07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I just asked for an update here

https://www.facebook.com/revolutionmarch2011?sk=wall

Not much action there

ChrisDixon
07-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I just asked for an update here

https://www.facebook.com/revolutionmarch2011?sk=wall

Not much action there

Thanks Michael! :)

This would be huge this time around. Last time around, Paul was ignored. This time, he's a little more mainstream and the media is giving him time for his two cents, which means something like this has the potential to really catch with the media. Does Mitt Romney have a revolution march with supporters traveling from across America to show support in D.C.? This would show our numbers.

So perhaps, if we get no response from the creator's of this event, we should start considering our own effort. I see this as a big opportunity for the grassroots.

ronpaulhawaii
07-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Depends on if can be pulled of well.

First would be integrating with the Value Voter Summit without reinforcing the stereotype that we only go to vote... Luckily, Saturday only has a 1 hr. afternoon general session and then goes into break-outs @ 3p. The sunsets at 6:40p so there is time for something in the afternoon. It will still be good that some people stay behind and that will be a hard choice for many... Maybe an event could start with speakers, wait for the VV attendees to arrive, have a march, then some finale speakers...

Secondly would be the organization. Need permits, probably yesterday... Need committees: "official", logistics, speakers, marketing. Sub-committees: Transportation, Staging, Toilets... Volunteer coordinators... what else?

And it sure would be good to know what the campaign thinks of such an idea...

ChrisDixon
07-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Who organized it last time? Maybe we could bring back a lot of the people who were involved with that, it'd give us some direction going forward on the next one.

ronpaulhawaii
07-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Here it was mostly DebK, but she is busy with the TV Ad project. Primbs is in DC and might know something/be able to provide some direction. I imagine AZLibertarian from would Marshal again, did see another organizer on Facebook a while back... Hmmmm...

CaseyJones
07-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I will be there whether any one else is or not

mlee45
07-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I can tell you from an insider's view that the person who is organizing it is a guy by the name of Ezra Van Auken, and I am listed as one of the creators of the facebook page. Also I made the website for the event, and I know, it is not the greatest, but I am not the greatest on the computer, and have been studying a whole lot this summer for my MCATS.....If anyone more computer oriented would want to help, please let us know...I dont know if the campaign knows about it though to be honest...I know that Ezra has talked to Adam Kokesh, and another speaker that wants to speak at the event, but I honestly dont know!

juan4liberty
07-04-2011, 10:50 PM
the main person i have talked to is : http://www.facebook.com/ezra.vanauken

i started on some designs for their facebook and event page
but trying to get more organized with them to start pumping out more ads
in the coming weeks..

we have a poll going right now at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ron-Pauls-Republican-Registration-BOMB/204922386212593

lets hope we can get thousands in for the march.
me and 5 others will be flying out from california.

tangent4ronpaul
07-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Depends on if can be pulled of well.

First would be integrating with the Value Voter Summit without reinforcing the stereotype that we only go to vote... Luckily, Saturday only has a 1 hr. afternoon general session and then goes into break-outs @ 3p. The sunsets at 6:40p so there is time for something in the afternoon. It will still be good that some people stay behind and that will be a hard choice for many... Maybe an event could start with speakers, wait for the VV attendees to arrive, have a march, then some finale speakers...

Secondly would be the organization. Need permits, probably yesterday... Need committees: "official", logistics, speakers, marketing. Sub-committees: Transportation, Staging, Toilets... Volunteer coordinators... what else?

And it sure would be good to know what the campaign thinks of such an idea...

I've got some contacts buried in a mail spool - if I can find them.

My main concern is not getting burned by the official campaign again. As people might recall, RP asked us to do this and we did, but then at a critical time they announced the Rally for the Republic where C4L was born and for many people it was one or the other. In general, we lost on the attendance front.

This should be a sub-forum and not a thread.

-t

juan4liberty
07-05-2011, 04:11 AM
We should never let the campaign stop us. I think we can get the permits and get a good SOLID promotional team online and some great marketing we can push our event much further. Good transportation information is a must also. We have to provide information on where to buy plane tickets, bus tickets, train tickets and all at an affordable price.. Even car pool information.

tangent4ronpaul
07-05-2011, 04:57 AM
it was mainly bus/carpool networking as well as hotel stuff - some bulk buys on rooms - other, if that does not work.

It was more about the campaign undermining us at a critical time when people were registering by scheduling a later, conflicting event.

-t

XTreat
07-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Here is the website. I am planning on attending.

http://www.thedaythatmadehistory.com/

muzzled dogg
07-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Vote in vvs straw poll if u come

juan4liberty
07-05-2011, 10:33 AM
that is not the main website. Ill be designing the website myself if they keep organizing ..
the designs will be professional and will go towards all ages ( multiple designs and marketing campaigns)

I just wanted to make sure this is still going to get done.

ronpaulhawaii
07-05-2011, 11:39 AM
We should never let the campaign stop us. I think we can get the permits and get a good SOLID promotional team online and some great marketing we can push our event much further. Good transportation information is a must also. We have to provide information on where to buy plane tickets, bus tickets, train tickets and all at an affordable price.. Even car pool information.

FYI - the comments I saw on the facebook page, about using megaphones for PA/etc, does not inspire confidence that these guys know what they are getting into... Sounds more like a flash mob...

The more I think about this, the less I'm liking it. The money and time it would take to organize/pull off well would be MUCH better spent doing everything possible to win the GOP primaries in our own states. While rallies/marches are fun, they are not the most effective use of resources... I don't think people understand how much work/expense something like this entails... Especially at the critical run-up to the primaries...

Finally, reading into it, I suspect that RP will not be speaking, and that would be awkward...

LisaNY
07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
FYI - the comments I saw on the facebook page, about using megaphones for PA/etc, does not inspire confidence that these guys know what they are getting into... Sounds more like a flash mob...

The more I think about this, the less I'm liking it. The money and time it would take to organize/pull off well would be MUCH better spent doing everything possible to win the GOP primaries in our own states. While rallies/marches are fun, they are not the most effective use of resources... I don't think people understand how much work/expense something like this entails... Especially at the critical run-up to the primaries...

Finally, reading into it, I suspect that RP will not be speaking, and that would be awkward...

well it looks like they're going to do it, with or without your blessing :)

who knows, maybe they'll get it together by then and it'll be fun.

ronpaulhawaii
07-05-2011, 05:55 PM
well it looks like they're going to do it, with or without your blessing :)

who knows, maybe they'll get it together by then and it'll be fun.

Far be it from me to stand in front of a blimp. I'll just stay here on my tightrope, thank you very much :p

juan4liberty
07-05-2011, 11:04 PM
if they cant do it I SAY lets do it ourselves... i know they are willing to give up power to get it done.... if someone can get the permit info and get a donation bucket going i can design a campaign and get it going asap.... A DEMONSTRATION IS IMPORTANT. i say lets do it... if anyone is hard core enough to help me im down to go all the way.

http://www.facebook.com/eljuan213