PDA

View Full Version : This guy has ideas for Ron's facebook page -- looks good -- will work 4 free if necessary

sailingaway
07-03-2011, 04:08 PM
http://brendanwenzel.net/ron-paul-social-media/

disclosure: he made a twitter background and tweeted it wholesale the other day to Ron Paul supporters and I am using it but may eventually drop it because it doesn't allow my avatar to show: https://twitter.com/ I'm @usernamenuse

however, I was following him before because he was tweeting interesting stuff and stuff about Ron.

Note that he said he's willing to talk to the campaign about it and even work for free if necessary, and he posts a link to a 'resume'

IDefendThePlatform
07-03-2011, 04:30 PM
That all sounded good to me. I think the return on investment for social media is about as good as it gets anywhere. The campaign should seriously consider hiring him.

sailingaway
07-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I think so too. I put it in the wrong forum though, I'll send to to RP grassroots.

Maximus
07-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Hire. Him. Now.

hazek
07-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about.. Fking hire this guy ASAP.

IDefendThePlatform
07-04-2011, 01:44 AM
This is seriously huge and needs to get done immediately. Good social media is incredibly valuable. When people see their friends on Facebook "liking" Ron Paul then he loses the "fringe" stigma and gets their attention. We need to be promoting him everyday on Facebook especially. And he also has good ideas for YouTube and twitter. We need to steal obamas youth and antiwar vote and get some of them to vote in the primary. Online social media is the best place for that.

rp08orbust
07-04-2011, 02:08 AM
I've sent this thread and Brendan's website to an email address I believe to be Jesse Benton's.

I wonder if this guy is a relative to Fritz Wenzel, the pollster they just hired.

Tarzan
07-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Vet this guy... then hire him... NOW!

reduen
07-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Hope they jump on this one...

sarahdeez
07-04-2011, 09:44 PM
That looks awesome!!

Sentinelrv
07-04-2011, 11:03 PM
This guy definitely needs to be helping the campaign. How do we get him on board?

kill the banks
07-04-2011, 11:15 PM
impressive and smart ... Go for it !

kill the banks
07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
bump

BrendanWenzel
07-05-2011, 09:48 AM
All I can say is Thank You! Wish I could have figured out my old username and password. Used to come here all the time back during the last cycle, but for the life of me I can't figure out what i made my name.

amyre
07-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Great ideas, Brendan. You'd really be an asset to the campaign team.

Sentinelrv
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Brendan, have you tried contacting the campaign or do you need us to help convince them that this needs to be done? You're absolutely right here. The campaign's internet presence has been a failure and somebody needs to step up. I'd love for you to get the chance to implement your ideas.

TruePatriotFreedomLover
07-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Yes yes yes agreed!!!

sailingaway
07-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Brendan, have you tried contacting the campaign or do you need us to help convince them that this needs to be done? You're absolutely right here. The campaign's internet presence has been a failure and somebody needs to step up. I'd love for you to get the chance to implement your ideas.

I did send a pm to Debbie Hopper (I figure Steve is swamped with the straw poll), but this came up over the 4th of July holiday, so today might have been the first day she got it. All the same, I think it needs to be done sooner than later, so multiple avenues are encouraged.

bolidew
07-05-2011, 08:38 PM
It's cool!

Sentinelrv
07-06-2011, 05:31 AM
Well I emailed her about it also, just to get the point across. This is a serious issue. He could help us get organized on the internet before the straw poll.

BrendanWenzel
07-06-2011, 12:23 PM
they've got one thing on the list done. new twitter background was added today and they are tweeting about the event in iowa. good step in the right direction.

Paulatized
07-06-2011, 06:20 PM
bump, to keep an eye on this

IDefendThePlatform
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Brendan can you expand more on what type of facebook ads you'd recommend? I've been working on some off and on for a while, they are mostly in this thread if you care to critique them:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?282146-RP-Facebook-Ad-Campaign-for-Iowa

I've been doing various ads, promoting different events. You seem to favor driving potential supporters to the main Ron Paul facebook page? I've also been doing a few single issue ads that I'll post here in a bit, clicking through onto the relevant issue on ronpaul2012.com
I was planning on starting a chip-in for the single issue ads if people are interested, although I know a lot of us are pretty tapped at the moment. Any suggestions are appreciated, from Brendan or anyone.

Araskaz
07-06-2011, 09:14 PM
The viral marketing through facebook is a definite need. If we can start an event with millions of people holding a sign that says "Ron Paul R3VOLUTION" or just "R3VOLUTION" and it'll spread like wildfire! Your twitter dedication would be fantastic. I remember when Ron Paul tweeted me for the first time, I made a status on facebook about it and 6 friends of mine followed Dr. Paul just for that. You my friend, should be in charge of social media for this campaign.

And if your idea about getting all of Ron' supporters to post a video on why they endorse him, they should also post this on facebook. Youtube is hard to get videos going, but if thousands of people post it on both facebook and youtube, people will notice.

I will also say, that if the video idea does get up from the ground, imagine if you could make a montage of all of them. It would be an hour long, of course, but it would be crazy inspiring.

BrendanWenzel
07-07-2011, 12:55 AM
You seem to favor driving potential supporters to the main Ron Paul facebook page? I've also been doing a few single issue ads that I'll post here in a bit, clicking through onto the relevant issue on ronpaul2012.com

The reason the posts mentions sending people to the Facebook page is because people like to stay inside the facebook platform. Another reason is that when you are promoting your own page, you get a little "Like" link under the ad to like your page. All the barriers of liking the page are now gone. It's literally a click away.

facebook ads are all about being super targeted. make the interests you target congruent with the ad message. also test different age groups. test different pictures. test different title. test different descriptions. test test test. and use CPM and bid really low. all this testing will give you high CTR and low CPC if you are using the CPM bidding model.

Hope that helps!

amonasro
07-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Good to have you on board, Brendan. They always talk about RP's massive internet presence... I think this will help to mobilize it tremendously.

Sentinelrv
07-07-2011, 03:14 AM
I just got a response from Debbie. Maybe something will come out of this.

"Appreciate it.

Not my area of responsibility, but I’ll certainly pass it on to the right person."

Here was my original email...

"Hey Debbie, I think others sent this to you also, but I wanted to send it just in case. There is a guy named Brendan Wenzel talking about how the official campaign is dropping the ball with social media and internet marketing with sites like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. I agree with him and many other supporters have been frustrated with Ron's internet presence. Whoever is in control of Ron's Facebook account is not utilizing its maximum potential. Brendan says that Ron Paul's Twitter account received its largest jump of 4,000 followers the week he promoted it. This was without using any special techniques, so the guy gets results and has given you an example of what he could achieve if given the chance. He has a whole plan laid out for how he would manage Ron's social media accounts and has said he would even work for free in order to implement it. With some time still between us and the straw poll, Brendan could help to get us organized on the internet in time to make a huge difference. Please consider him for hire as the campaign desperately needs someone who specializes in internet marketing. Other campaigns are taking the lead on this front and we're being left behind. Having someone dedicated to this position will ensure that we reach the maximum amount of people and build a large list of followers that we can utilize in the future. I found the thread about him here...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?301760-This-guy-has-ideas-for-Ron-s-facebook-page-looks-good-will-work-4-free-if-necessary

And here is his website...

http://brendanwenzel.net/ron-paul-social-media/"

IndianaPolitico
07-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for all that you have done so far! I really hope that the campaign steps up to the plate regarding facebook and twitter.

BrendanWenzel
07-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Here's the videos that show why I think this stuff is so important

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EYaPxL9eME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvc0p-dY28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pShcbDIPaNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK8V-6nK8hM

You may not agree with their politics, but think about this as the science that it is.

IDefendThePlatform
07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
The reason the posts mentions sending people to the Facebook page is because people like to stay inside the facebook platform. Another reason is that when you are promoting your own page, you get a little "Like" link under the ad to like your page. All the barriers of liking the page are now gone. It's literally a click away.

facebook ads are all about being super targeted. make the interests you target congruent with the ad message. also test different age groups. test different pictures. test different title. test different descriptions. test test test. and use CPM and bid really low. all this testing will give you high CTR and low CPC if you are using the CPM bidding model.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for great advice. I'd been doing some testing of different ads, but I'd also been using CPC and bidding kinda high, figuring that it rarely actually charges me full price. I'm definitely going to switchover and try CPM with low bids and high ad turnover now though.

mport1
07-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Somebody needs to manage his social media. It seems like an afterthought of the campaign. This is especially critical with such a young supporter base.

Araskaz
07-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Any news on this?

TruePatriotFreedomLover
07-10-2011, 08:51 PM
I asked Brendan if the campaign had contacted him here is what he said:

Brendan Wenzel

" Response was basically a thanks, but no thanks. Maybe reconsider closer to election season"

I hope they have someone looking into the social media aspect because it is very important.

amyre
07-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I asked Brendan if the campaign had contacted him here is what he said:

Brendan Wenzel

" Response was basically a thanks, but no thanks. Maybe reconsider closer to election season"

I hope they have someone looking into the social media aspect because it is very important.

Bummer. :(

BrendanWenzel
07-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Well, one door closes and opens another. I'm trying to decide my next step now. No way I'm waiting around for someone else. Hopefully I'll have some news for you guys soon enough about how I'm still going to use my skills to help out.

sailingaway
07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Well, one door closes and opens another. I'm trying to decide my next step now. No way I'm waiting around for someone else. Hopefully I'll have some news for you guys soon enough about how I'm still going to use my skills to help out.

I honestly hope they'll reconsider, maybe on a trial basis, to see how much difference it makes.

whoschrishughes
07-11-2011, 12:41 PM
That seriously is an amazing thing. What Brendan is doing is excellent, I'm all for helping him get hired! Anyone able to help him out with it?

misconstrued
07-13-2011, 01:09 PM

I love your ideas. Hopefully the campaign will consider move on this as things progress.

MJU1983
07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
If Ron really is "all in", the campaign better damn well start acting like it. It doesn't take much money to have an impressive web presence.

Maybe things will improve after the Ames Straw Poll? HOPE. :)

BrendanWenzel
07-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Thank you everyone for your support. I've been in contact with the e-campaign director and have submitted my resume. It couldn't have happened without you guys and I truly do appreciate that.

bolidew
07-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Good news! Let us know how it goes ....

Pro-Life Libertarian
07-16-2011, 08:30 PM
I sent them an email requesting they look into you.

Bergie Bergeron
07-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Awesome !

IndianaPolitico
07-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Thank you everyone for your support. I've been in contact with the e-campaign director and have submitted my resume. It couldn't have happened without you guys and I truly do appreciate that.

I hope they consider you. Have you thought of doing another drive to get more followers on twitter, like before?

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 02:36 PM
best of luck, let us know when we can uncross our fingers... it's easier to type that way....

kill the banks
07-17-2011, 02:47 PM
genius bump

TheSecretBillionaire
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Improving Ron's social media presence couldn't hurt.

Nirvikalpa
07-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Best of luck!

BrendanWenzel
07-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks again for the support. Don't uncross those fingers just yet. Haven't gotten a response on my resume yet.... hopefully sooner than later.

Bergie Bergeron
07-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Someone also sent your info to the SuperPAC of Thomas Woods, Mike Church and Jack Hunter.

BrendanWenzel
08-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Well, I'd like to reopen my request to join the Ron Paul 2012 e-Campaign team now that I'm no longer with the Revolution PAC. Submitted my resignation due to a few issues, but mainly had a lack of confidence in the leadership of the PAC and decided that it was in my best interest to not hang around with the hope things would change when I'm not sure they will. If I'm going to help, I'm either doing it my own way now or with the official campaign. I've written a blog post about my whole experience trying to help (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?411-My-Experience-Trying-to-Help-the-Ron-Paul-2012-Campaign) that I think most you guys will enjoy. Can't say I'm not trying!