PDA

View Full Version : My Tonight Show Report

EvilTwinkie
10-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Ok, just got back home from an AWESOME night and Im tired and have to get up for work in 5 hours so sorry if this is scatterbrained...ANYWAY.

I was able to get 4 tonight show tickets through a friend of a friend and give 3 of them to members of Oregon and Washington Meetup groups whom Ive never met. One guy got on a Bus from oregon just to come down and see the show..anyway through an act of god work let out early and I raced to NBC and got there with seconds to spare. When I got to the ticket line it was like woodstock or something. Ron Paul supporters everywhere and Shelby from Youtube was there playing her Ron Paul song for everyone. Nice! I got ushered in just in time to see Jay warming up the audience. I got my seat and was surrounded by Ron Paul people. I would say 1/3 - 1/2 of the audience was Ron paul people. Anyway the whole show was a blast, but in the interest of my exhausted brain Ill skip to Paul:

He came out and we went nuts for him of course. He got a GREAT interview from Jay that Im sure you all are watching now so I wont spoil it. BUT what was really encouraging was that Jay seemed VERY interested in talking to Paul at the commercial break, it was a private conversation but alot of nodding by jay. Just as the show was about to come back on jay took a bumpersticker from Paul and folded it up and put it in his suit! Her also had paul sign his book. When the Sex pistols came on it was surreal watching Dr Paul and Jay just offstage watching the Sex Pistols. During the song the lead singer referred to Dr Paul and said something like "when are we getting out of iraq" Youll see it tonight. After the show the lead singer shook hands with Dr paul and had a conversation with him.

Hes catchin' on im tellin ya! (Tm)

Anyway we were ushered out, everyone was on a Rongasm high - He did so well tonight. He of course pulled up in his van and stopped to sign autographs with us. I got a 1 dollar bill signed and the meetup members got hats signed. A handicapped kid was ushered up front for Paul to sign his shirt.

After Paul left, I met up with the people I got tickets for from Oregon and Washington and we headed down the street to a Karaoke bar. Kathy, our oldest ans sweetest supporter got up and sang a ditty for Paul. We canvassed the whole bar and converted the waitress and a few others. I wish I had the link, but our buzzed karaoke adventures were captured on the web somewhere.. sorry im useless.

Anyway I met some great people, we had great conversations... Lil old Kathy had started her Ron Paul day at 6am and ended it with some Karaoke, she had no Idea how her day was going to turn out. Anyway, so tired, but so much fun tonight. Ron did great tonight and everyone left pumped.

jpa
10-31-2007, 12:05 AM
awesome report!!

Grandson of Liberty
10-31-2007, 12:07 AM
all I can say is. . .awesome. :D

margomaps
10-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks so much for posting this! Sounds like a blast.

RP4ME
10-31-2007, 12:09 AM
thansk you thsi is great news - a round for everyone on me

Lord Xar
10-31-2007, 12:10 AM
that is great!!!!! Thanks for the "backstage report". I love these personal reports.

chon
10-31-2007, 12:11 AM
i have been waiting for one of these reports ALL night, thanks!!!

austin356
10-31-2007, 12:11 AM
He should have invited him to his fundraiser!

FrankRep
10-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Shelby from Youtube was there playing her Ron Paul song for everyone.

Shelby is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFDValQhpg

Vonhayek7
10-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Surreal was the same word I used too. Ron Paul on stage with Lydon (big fan of Public Image Ltd) made my night.

ClayTrainor
10-31-2007, 12:13 AM
Leno is a smart man... it wont surprise me to see him support ron paul, altho his bosses may tell him not to be public about it.

OptionsTrader
10-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Leno needs more than one bumper sticker!

HA!

Thanks for the report brother.

vegetarianrpfan
10-31-2007, 12:17 AM
I hope you got videos and pictures of this... I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see it.

------------------
Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ

austin356
10-31-2007, 12:27 AM
good report. Peace out. Need to go read read, then sleep sleep.