PDA

View Full Version : A Ron Paul presidency

Paul Or Nothing II
07-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Considering the history regarding what happened to presidents who went against the powers-that-be, & considering that Ron Paul is running against the Fed & all the powerful & corporatist interests, do you think they'd just keep quite & let Ron destroy their power-structures or would they try to stop him? [mod edit]

This poll relates to the very many recent VP-threads, some of us agree that Ron should declare his VP before the primaries to substantially expand his base within the GOP so that he could give himself the best chance of winning the GOP nomination but some think that the position of VP isn't as important & any neo-con &/or establishment &/or non-libertarian candidate will be do just fine (even though VP is in line to become president if something happens to the president)

hazek
07-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I chose the 2nd option because I believe they will try everything they can to cling on to power but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are going to try and kill Ron.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-03-2011, 11:31 AM
I chose the 2nd option because I believe they will try everything they can to cling on to power but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are going to try and kill Ron.

Yeah, that sort of thing has never happened :rolleyes:

Working Poor
07-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I think if any harm were to come to Ron there would be hell to pay.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-04-2011, 05:04 AM
I think if any harm were to come to Ron there would be hell to pay.

Optimism is good sometimes but that shouldn't inhibit our ability to reason & to see reality as it stands; many such incidents have happened in the past & nobody paid anything except some "loner psychopath". NOTHING will happen even if Ron gets killed unless the next guy in line for presidency isn't our guy to carry the torch of liberty forward.

Imaginos
07-04-2011, 05:26 AM
The second.
That is why Ron Paul needs the best possible security detail in the future.
The establishment (i.e. the gang of sociopaths) will try to KILL Dr. Paul if he's really winning the election.
Mark my words.

Oukvekpwv
07-04-2011, 05:43 AM
just because some people may try doesnt necesarily mean that they will be successful..

that being said it should have no influencing factor in the elections and shouldnt really be an issue..

i dont turn a blind eye to some conspiracy theories but i dont let them dictate my life.. its not productive conversation IMO..

Paul Or Nothing II
07-04-2011, 06:02 AM
just because some people may try doesnt necesarily mean that they will be successful..

that being said it should have no influencing factor in the elections and shouldnt really be an issue..

i dont turn a blind eye to some conspiracy theories but i dont let them dictate my life.. its not productive conversation IMO..

If you think that Ron can hurt so many powerful people's interests & get away with it without a scare then no offense but you need a lesson in history. Remember, Ron will be taking on some of the biggest political & financial powers in the WORLD.

If a VP isn't a trustworthy person & is someone who can easily be bought & manipulated then that further incentivizes Ron's assassination.

Imaginos
07-04-2011, 06:50 AM
If a VP isn't a trustworthy person & is someone who can easily be bought & manipulated then that further incentivizes Ron's assassination.
That's why Judge Napolitano is the perfert one for the job (VP).
Ron Paul's VP must share the same core belief as Ron's and must be the man of principle/integrity just like Ron himself.
The judge meets those requirements perfectly.

Imaginos
07-04-2011, 06:57 AM

Assassination is not a conspiracy.
Those in charge, through out the entire recorded human history, practiced it for thousands and thousands times.
If you study history, it is filled with sons killing their fathers/mothers OR vice versa in pursue of power.
It's million times better to play it safe even if you think the possibility of assassination is thin (I don't think it's thin but you are entitled to your opinion).

Oukvekpwv
07-04-2011, 06:59 AM
I didnt say that a strong VP wouldn't be beneficial. I'm saying be cautious; be prepared. but don't let this issue define the campaign. The issues we fight for are more important than the concern for what will happen to us; the values should be the focus of the campaign alone, not paranoia about when or how something will happen against us.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Ron Paul's VP must share the same core belief as Ron's and must be the man of principle/integrity just like Ron himself.

If he's going to run with Judge then it'll just end up being an educational campaign because Judge will never bring him enough mainstream GOP voters to have any REALISTIC chance of winning the GOP nomination.

Remember, we're talking about declaring VP BEFORE the primaries in order to expand Ron's stagnant 8-10% base significantly enough to win him the nomination which Judge CAN'T do as his support base isn't drastically different than Ron's, not to mention, considering the fact that mainstream voters see Ron as "too old", it's essential for the VP to look presidential as well in case something happens to Ron & thus, VP must have held an elected office which Judge hasn't.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Assassination is not a conspiracy.
Those in charge, through out the entire recorded human history, practiced it for thousands and thousands times.
If you study history, it is filled with sons killing their fathers/mothers OR vice versa in pursue of power.
It's million times better to play it safe even if you think the possibility of assassination is thin (I don't think it's thin but you are entitled to your opinion).

Agreed. People think its paranoia but conspiracies have always happened since time immemorial & it's naive to believe that as much as is at stake for the powerful people, killing someone isn't that odd for them.

I didnt say that a strong VP wouldn't be beneficial. I'm saying be cautious; be prepared. but don't let this issue define the campaign. The issues we fight for are more important than the concern for what will happen to us; the values should be the focus of the campaign alone, not paranoia about when or how something will happen against us.

So we shouldn't be concerned about the fact that choosing an establishment neo-con VP who may be bought actually incentivizes Ron's assassination?

It's very easy to undermine something as conspiracy & I concede, it mayn't even happen but what are the chances that it won't when SO MUCH is at stake so many powerful interests? People kill their blood-relatives for money & power so can we assume that all these powerful people are noble enough to not try to kill Ron? Well, if they were that noble then I suppose they wouldn't be so intent on controlling the system & controlling the people :rolleyes:

pochy1776
07-04-2011, 10:51 AM
He is winning the election. I fear that he will be killed like RFK. WIth him gone, they will probably choose GARY JOHNSON TO CALm our nerves. I fear that the globalists are winning. And we are all going to die. But, we still have ample time to win and gain back our salvation and independence.

One Last Battle!
07-04-2011, 10:58 AM

I, for one, prefer Walter Williams

Paul Or Nothing II
07-04-2011, 11:46 AM
He is winning the election. I fear that he will be killed like RFK. WIth him gone, they will probably choose GARY JOHNSON TO CALm our nerves. I fear that the globalists are winning. And we are all going to die. But, we still have ample time to win and gain back our salvation and independence.

That's why I feel Ron should choose a VP who's just as principled & steadfast for the cause of liberty as he is. That will just offers us an extra layer of protection in case something happens to Ron, though it won't exactly be impenetrable.

I, for one, prefer Walter Williams

Again, the point of declaring VP before primaries is to expand Ron's limited & stagnant 8-10% base & appeal to the mainstream GOP voters enough to get the GOP nomination, williams can't do that. Secondly, Ron is seen by most regular voters as "too old" & thus they think he might die of old age before completing his term so putting another 75 year-old guy as Ron's VP just won't inspire any confidence among the regular voters, especially undecided one & those who don't research the candidates much & vote on "gut feeling".

Paul Or Nothing II
07-04-2011, 02:55 PM
@Mods, why did you guys edit the wording of the poll? Oh, come on, guys.

I want people to realize that going against the Fed & all the powerful people as Ron is doing will naturally mean that they'll try to kill Ron, as has happened many a times before with past presidents, & by establishing that I want to emphasize how important the VP pick is in Ron's case, it seems too many people don't realize the VP's importance. So the edit just undermines the primary reason the thread was created. I don't know why it was so "editworthy", it's the truth. Please put it back.