PDA

View Full Version : NJ - Legislators consider bill to ban photography of children.

Anti Federalist
07-02-2011, 11:04 PM
An older story from back in May, hopefully not posted already.

To protect against pedophiles...

So, can I assume that would prohibit the cops from taking pictures of children with their vast array of surveillance cameras?

New Jersey considers bill that would ban photographing children; law aimed at curbing predators

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/09/2011-05-09_new_jersey_considers_bill_that_would_ban_photog raphing_children_lawmakers_weigh_.html

amy31416
07-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Can't the dad of the kid just go beat the predator/pedophile to a pulp like in the good old days?

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 11:34 PM
So, no red light cameras?

And no baby photos......

Humanae Libertas
07-03-2011, 01:23 AM
So, no red light cameras?

And no baby photos......

Lol. What makes you think the bill will apply to the government?

NYgs23
07-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Another win for moral panic.

awake
07-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Pass a new law and ta-da! A fresh new wave of criminals where there were none before. All in the war on pedophiles. And who would dare say this is an unwise application of the law lest you wish to become a pedophile lover or something!!!?

Pedophiles don't scare me as much as the people who think that they can do good by ramming through these kinds of laws. At least I have a chance to defend myself and my children from the pedophile. How do I protect myself from an over zealous legislator who is hell bent on saving me? Who protects me from them??

Inflation of the law (proliferation of 'for personal profit' laws) is taking place right before our very eyes, whereby it - the law - will some day become virtually worthless in its purpose : justice. Constant devaluation has, and will continue to, render 'the law' the application of a growing injustice.

amyre
07-03-2011, 06:31 AM
State leaders admitted they needed to adjust the bill's language to make it apply specifically to predators - and not mom and dads or professional photographers.

Yea...because pedophiles will surely read the bill/law and follow it accordingly. What are people thinking?

eduardo89
07-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Would it be illegal for a child to take a picture of himself?

newyearsrevolution08
07-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Can't the dad of the kid just go beat the predator/pedophile to a pulp like in the good old days?

Thats what I would do if anyone touched one of my kids, and NO I am not just a bad ass online either (-;

Whether legal or not, that guy OR GIRL (who knows these days) would be beaten down, I would do my time with a smile and happy to repeat as needed BUT HOPE it would never happen.

As far as needed to remove pics due to perverts? Just ban cameras because someone might get a kid in their shot and end up committing a crime without realizing it and we can't have that now can we.

pcosmar
07-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Wouldn't it just be easier to ban children. Or forbid them to be in any public place,, ever.

change
"Children should be seen and not heard."
to,
"Children should not be seen, Ever."

lock them in closets and basements, for their own safety, of course.

Brian4Liberty
07-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier to ban children. Or forbid them to be in any public place,, ever.

change
"Children should be seen and not heard."
to,
"Children should not be seen, Ever."

lock them in closets and basements, for their own safety, of course.

All children must wear burqas!

AGRP
07-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Another reason for police to confiscate cameras and throw you in jail.

Sir, stop the videotaping. Theres a child over there.

Brian4Liberty
07-03-2011, 12:31 PM
The bill was introduced after parents in Ringwood, about an hour from New York City, complained that a 63-year-old creep with a history of kiddie peeping was caught videotaping young girls at a summer swim meet, the Star-Ledger said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/09/2011-05-09_new_jersey_considers_bill_that_would_ban_photog raphing_children_lawmakers_weigh_.html#ixzz1R4HURG xZ

So, the "true" (good intentioned?) motivation is to impose restrictions on a "creep". Has this person been convicted of being a creep? If he is attending swim meets, why is photography an issue? The guy is there in person already! Really what they want is a law against a person that they don't like, and there is no objective crime being committed.

These so-called "lawmakers" couldn't properly identify a real problem or a working solution if it walked up and poked them in the eye.

TheNcredibleEgg
07-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Another reason for police to confiscate cameras and throw you in jail.

Sir, stop the videotaping. Theres a child over there.

There it is.

This law would be co-opted very quickly by police to ban all video taping by individuals (especially video of cops.)

Backdoor way to ban recording of police.

TIMB0B
07-03-2011, 01:29 PM
What will this do to Hollywood, Nickelodeon, and the Disney Channel?