PDA

View Full Version : Beck Gone Good

Agorism
07-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Beck Gone Good

Beck is gone and that’s good. He trashed Ron Paul, urged groups not to endorse candidates which helps the machine, and made something simple, the federal government is too damn big, into something complicated that required principles and chalk boards and digging into obscure and inscrutable texts and endless meetings accomplishing nothing! And what was good on his shows was warmed-over libertarian theory without the attribution.

http://politicalclassdismissed.com/?p=12266

newyearsrevolution08
07-02-2011, 10:24 PM
thats one way to trash someone

so fuckin open minded

Agorism
07-02-2011, 10:33 PM
The 9 Beck principles and 11 values

trey4sports
07-02-2011, 10:34 PM
i think Beck was decent.

Don't let perfection be the enemy of good.

tpreitzel
07-02-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm just thankful that Beck is currently confined to a dusty outpost on the InterNet superhighway.

Zatch
07-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Glenn Beck is the devil!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JylqewTQeYI/THlkxlwM9iI/AAAAAAAAAeo/0ikcEIfXZ1M/s1600/glenn+beck+devil+horns.jpg

tpreitzel
07-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Glenn Beck is the devil!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JylqewTQeYI/THlkxlwM9iI/AAAAAAAAAeo/0ikcEIfXZ1M/s1600/glenn+beck+devil+horns.jpg

So apropos that Beck probably wants this image carved on his grave ... LoL

Captain America
07-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Beck may still be learning but we all are. I understand why he still wants to support Israel. The problem is that we should not give anyone stolen money from the people to other nations. It is an insult that they are doing it now. Charity is from the heart not from the government. The government should only protect liberty. The government should only use force when someone else impedes on an-others individuality, the government does not have preemptive bullshit, preventive crime powers.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Beck spent a full hour of prime time MSM exposing the Federal Reserve and had Griffin as a guest.

When was the last time one of your "pure" libertarian heroes managed to get that done? :p

libertythor
07-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Beck spent a full hour of prime time MSM exposing the Federal Reserve and had Griffin as a guest.

When was the last time one of your "pure" libertarian heroes managed to get that done? :p

Exactly. Compare him with 90% of the other TV talking heads, and then say how he compares. He spent hours and hours doing his best to expose what was happening to the US without being blackballed immediately. He has actually done more good than harm, especially when you compare him with Bill O'Reily and Sean Hannity on that network. He was the friendliest major host on that network!

puppetmaster
07-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Beck did bring up usefull info sometimes but turned the topics into a circus and therefore discredited important issues. I beleive that he turned off many independants which hurt the cause. I also beleive it was deliberate.

libertythor
07-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Beck did bring up usefull info sometimes but turned the topics into a circus and therefore discredited important issues. I beleive that he turned off many independants which hurt the cause. I also beleive it was deliberate.

That is true, but he did no more damage than any of the other talkshow hosts. He has gotten a lot of GOPers to question what is going on. His circus antics did no more damage than Rush Limbaugh's, and he covered things that Rush never would do.

Matthew Zak
07-03-2011, 01:45 AM
I appreciate that he talks about Libertarian issues (while not fully grasping the concept) but what drives me insane is how much of an ego-maniac he is. Every interview, every guest -- they're all there to re-enforce his talking points. They are there to agree with, and elaborate on issues that HE feels strongly about. That's why he is always quick to point out where he disagrees with people and informing his audience that they are "right" about "some things". HE wants to be the one in the driver's seat. He wants to be the leader Libertarianism. He's only coming around to Ron Paul because ROn's support has grown and he knows he has to in order to remain a legit voice of Libertarianism. But if he had it HIS way we'd all be neo-libertarians.

KingRobbStark
07-03-2011, 02:21 AM
He's not fully rotten, but I still would not eat a half rotten apple.

JohnEngland
07-03-2011, 02:40 AM

But let's be honest, what does "independent" even mean? Is clowning around a partisan behaviour? It may well be that Beck brought in lots of "independents" and turned off lots of establishment conservatives who used to watch 5pm before Beck.

libertythor
07-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Whenever Sean Hannity gets sacked and replaced with a Glenn Beck or something better, then I'll celebrate....

puppetmaster
07-03-2011, 05:28 AM
But let's be honest, what does "independent" even mean? Is clowning around a partisan behaviour? It may well be that Beck brought in lots of "independents" and turned off lots of establishment conservatives who used to watch 5pm before Beck.
I consider myself independent, I vote for freedom and the constitution irregardless of party affiliation. To me it makes no difference if Ron Paul had a (d) after his name, he would get my vote as long as his message remained the same. Most independents are looking for a sepzration from party politics and would shy away from someone spouting partisan messages as much as beck did.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2011, 05:52 AM
I appreciate that he talks about Libertarian issues (while not fully grasping the concept) but what drives me insane is how much of an ego-maniac he is. Every interview, every guest -- they're all there to re-enforce his talking points. They are there to agree with, and elaborate on issues that HE feels strongly about. That's why he is always quick to point out where he disagrees with people and informing his audience that they are "right" about "some things". HE wants to be the one in the driver's seat. He wants to be the leader Libertarianism. He's only coming around to Ron Paul because ROn's support has grown and he knows he has to in order to remain a legit voice of Libertarianism. But if he had it HIS way we'd all be neo-libertarians.

HA HA! That's true. lol

ChristianAnarchist
07-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Beck may indeed be coming around, but unless he makes a public apology for the way he has treated the good Dr., I will always be looking at him askance...

pcosmar
07-03-2011, 08:10 AM
But let's be honest, what does "independent" even mean?.

Not Dependent.
in this sense, not a "Party Line" voter.
And since there is no discernible difference between the two major parties, it makes more sense than affiliating with one or the other.

outspoken
07-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Were it not for Beck, millions of Americans myself included would still be following the neo con talking heads. I didn't even know who Ron Paul was before Beck called so many to read the Constitution and study history. Don't underestimate the good he has done and the light he has shed on govt and establishments like the Fed. We are all on a journey, Beck included, and none of us are perfection. The trick is to be able to evaluate both the internal and external and discern good from evil... We are quite a pathetic species but hope remains until the last breathe of humanity is extinguished. The question we must ask ourselves each is what are we using our breathe for?