PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann's Vetting Has Begun- Her Husband Calls Gays 'Barbarians' Who Need 'Discipline.'

mit26chell
07-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Not sure if you guys saw this. Marcus Bachmann, Michelle's bigot (a person who is intolerantly devoted to his/her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance) husband, made the comment last summer that gays are barbarians (a person in a savage, primitive state; uncivilized person. 2. a person without culture, refinement, or education; philistine; a foreigner) who need education and discipline.

She will not go far in this race. Only Ron Paul and Gary Johnson have a welcoming message to all people, as one group in this republican race. For people like Bachmann, the party is only open to certain groups (i.e. heterosexual Christians).

Paul's entire platform is based on swearing off the use of force. So, while Paul may personally think gay people are less than, those are his personal views, and if he should somehow wish to change gay people, it would never be through legislation or force, like Bachmann endorses. Calling a group barbarians because of who they are innately attracted to is wrong, and while I won't claim to speak for Christ, I believe those who speak and act like the Bachmann's will be judged one day for their actions.

Any thoughts? Do you think this stuff will help or hurt Michelle's run? I can only see it helping Ron Paul, the OBGYN who has publicly stated he believes there is a hormonal factor that plays a role in sexual orientation, therefore he has a hard time casting it as a 'sin.' Sorry if I went a bit off topic, but the fact that many in this country dedicate their lives to condemning something (homosexuality) that didn't even exist as we know it today until the 19th Century, really bugs me. There are a lot of gay republicans. Most will end up in Paul's campaign if they aren't already.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/06/29/257646/bachmanns-husband-calls-homosexuals-barbarians-who-need-to-be-educated-and-disciplined/

mit26chell
07-02-2011, 02:48 PM
As a disclaimer - I am not a member of not do I ever visit thinkprogress. I visit Campaign for Liberty for my news. TP is just the first place I saw that had reported on this.

TIMB0B
07-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think gay bashing will hurt her in the primaries. The general, yes.

ForLibertyFight
07-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think gay bashing will hurt her in the primaries. The general, yes.

Sad but you are probably correct.

parocks
07-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Marcus seems gay. That's the takeaway from all this. Basically, you have Michele's husband, who seems gay himself, who has a job treating homosexuals. The voters aren't going to like that. If Michele was to get the Republican nomination, you can be sure that Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and everyone else will make the voters know about that. The "bigot" isn't a problem. Most voters are not in favor of homosexuals. But Micheles closet **** husband, that's a problem. Look at @michelebachmann on twitter. You'll see that's being picked up some.

mit26chell
07-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Have we done any trending topic bombs here at RPF before?

If not, we should do one. Either about this, or something putting Paul in the spotlight.