PDA

View Full Version : Resource materials for the Grassroots

Tarzan
07-02-2011, 01:53 PM
--- STATUS CHANGE ---
BrendanWenzel has taken over this project and is setting up a Wiki and will be announcing the resource site when complete. I have removed the Wiki from my site as duplication seems like a bad idea to me.

--------------------------------------

Several projects are in process by the grassroots. To make them easier and to present a more consistent message we could really use some resources. While collusion is not allowed... having general materials available would make these tasks easier and more effective.

Printed Materials... The official website has a shop with loads of stuff available for purchase. This is good. But, any purchase is counted against the purchasers contribution limit.
Suggestion: Make the collateral material available in a high resolution PDF file suitable for reprinting. They could be used when someone needs to print something quickly to disburse. Many of us have good quality color printers and this would make the materials available to a wider audience. As a free download it would also not impact potential donations and the costs to the campaign could potentially be less (reduced printing costs) while still getting the materials out to the public.

Resource Materials... Grassroots projects are often in need of high quality graphic materials and they can be difficult to locate.
Suggestion: Have a free, downloadable resource section with pictures and logos, etc. (vector please). This way we could choose from materials acceptable to the official campaign for use on grassroots projects. It would save time (no reinventing the wheel) and allow for grassroots projects that support the direction and message of the official campaign.

BrendanWenzel
07-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Suggestion: Make a wiki page for people to upload their own designed flyers, logos and other graphics for the Ron Paul campaign. You can set it to require approval first to make sure nothing negative or bad gets posted. This would allow everyone a central place to download and use the best of the best marketing materials. And you mention printing stuff, but I'd also add in online stuff as well. It'd be nice to have access to professional looking banners, social media backgrounds and such. Wouldn't cost much at all to maintain and minimal time commitment since it's mainly user generated content.

Tarzan
07-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I have setup a wiki on my site... but I have no clue how to use the thing (and don't have time to figure it out). If someone is willing to administer the thing I would be happy to offer it as a central location for media materials... flyers, logos, graphics, text, speeches... etc, etc.

I installed MediaWiki but can change that if another option is better... here are the options:
MediaWiki
TikiWiki
PmWiki
WikkaWiki

So... who wants to be the administrator? PM me and let's get rolling!
:)

addition: fyi... here's the current location: http://itstimeforronpaul.com/MediaWiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

HOLLYWOOD
07-09-2011, 02:13 PM
i have setup a wiki on my site... But i have no clue how to use the thing (and don't have time to figure it out). If someone is willing to administer the thing i would be happy to offer it as a central location for media materials... Flyers, logos, graphics, text, speeches... Etc, etc.

I installed mediawiki but can change that if another option is better... Here are the options:
Mediawiki
tikiwiki
pmwiki
wikkawiki

so... Who wants to be the administrator? Pm me and let's get rolling!
:)

addition: Fyi... Here's the current location: http://itstimeforronpaul.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=main_page
error 404 - page not found

Tarzan
07-09-2011, 05:50 PM
SORRY!!! BrendanWenzel has taken over the wiki idea and setup a site using different software. So, I took down the wiki on my site. I will update the OP... thanks for your interest.

Look for a post from Brendan when he is ready.