PDA

View Full Version : Baxter Freese of Iowa on: The next U.S. president

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Iowa City resident Baxter Freese is a retired farmer who worked on campaigns for Presidents Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan and Iowa Gov. Robert Ray.

There was certainly no great exhibition of leadership qualities or original thoughts, with probably the exception of Mitt Romney. The candidate who probably impressed me the most was Ron Paul, so many of his far out thinking actually makes sense. And surprisingly, I thought Newt Gingrich made some good comments -- at least they weren't following the standard line.

Michelle Bachmann did come up a little in my own polls, but she did not get an opportunity to talk as much as I would have liked to hear. But her raising five of her own children and fostering 20 more does not impress me as much as she would have liked; she did mention this several times.

Romney probably won the debate, and he is a candidate who I could live with, but unfortunately, the Christian Right will not elect him.

So to my Republican and Democratic friends, let's try and make sure that the Republican candidate is someone who is a leader, not a follower of the Christian Right, has some compassion for the poor and working class people, and will try and fix the problems of our current governing system.

After all, I believe this individual will be the next president of the United States.

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20110701/OPINION01/107010312/The-next-U-S-president?odyssey=nav|head

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
bump in case folks in Iowa want to read this...

trey4sports
07-01-2011, 10:56 PM
LOL @ comments.