PDA

View Full Version : Counties To Secede From California

YumYum
07-01-2011, 05:45 PM
This is funny! I think it should be the other way around. Northern California needs to secede from Southern California.

Official Calls For Riverside, 12 Other Counties To Secede From California
New state would have no term limits, part-time legislature

RIVERSIDE (CBS) — Is the state of California about to go “South”?

Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone apparently thinks so, after proposing that the county lead a campaign for as many as 13 Southern California counties to secede from the state.

Stone said in a statement late Thursday that Riverside, Imperial, San Diego, Orange, San Bernardino, Kings, Kern, Fresno, Tulare, Inyo, Madera, Mariposa and Mono counties should form the new state of South California.

The creation of the new state would allow officials to focus on securing borders, balancing budgets, improving schools and creating a vibrant economy, he said.

full article...http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/07/01/official-calls-for-riverside-12-other-counties-to-secede-from-california/

Uriah
07-01-2011, 05:56 PM
http://www.phrelin.com/3Cals/Rationale.htm

dannno
07-01-2011, 06:04 PM
This is funny! I think it should be the other way around. Northern California needs to secede from Southern California.

full article...http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/07/01/official-calls-for-riverside-12-other-counties-to-secede-from-california/

Well it's the conservative counties that want to secede because the spending problems come from the Democratic State Senate. Now Jerry Brown is going crazy with taxes, driving out Amazon, Overstock and other online retailers.

I could understand why Northern California wanted to secede when times were good, but now their big spending is coming to bite everyone in the ass.

Reason
07-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Sounds good to me!

John of Des Moines
07-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Never happen. Water is the problem.

newyearsrevolution08
07-01-2011, 06:21 PM
I am in fresno,

now is the new south california going to be better or worse?

wonder which way I should go?

Personally I think california is a TERRIBLE place to live and want to leave this state NOW if I could.

I am thinking of
Montana, Washington, Arizona (have friends there on here, you know who you are) but still undecided and nevada is looking good lately to me as well. California is really stressin me out lately, for one the damn gov just took most of my money away when he entacted that shitty internet tax bill. Thank god or SOMEONE (myself) that I was smart enough to have affiliate campaigns in OTHER COUNTRIES else I would be making ZERO dollars right now.

California is DONE in my book but man is the herb great (odds are because it is home grown though LOL)

showpan
07-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I am leaving Nevada as soon as I can afford to move my family. The taxes have skyrocketed, education is low, unemployment is the highest in the country and they are turning it into a police state. If you are thinking about coming here, the housing market is one of the worst in the country and now is the time to buy. Most of these homes are empty and have been on the market for 2 years. Better hurry, before China buys the place up, Harry Reid keeps trying to get Chinese companies to move here...lol

McBell
07-01-2011, 06:37 PM
They're clearly racists.

Lucille
07-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Pima County wants to secede from AZ.

So what is different about the nascent Pima Country secession movement? To be brief, they find the rest of the Arizona state government, led by Jan Brewer, to be far too radically conservative for their tastes—owing to the recent state immigration and healthcare policies. But, that isn’t all: the Pima secessionists actually want to be part of the federal government (http://the-classic-liberal.com/baja-arizona-secession/). They aren’t interested in fully seceding from the Union and existing as a buffer region between Mexico and northern Arizona.

AZ sucks now. It's not the state of Barry Goldwater anymore, but of BSC! John McCain and Big Govt Jan Brewer. Over on Vox Popoli, some were talking about Idaho as the new free state project. For myself, I want to move to Chile.

forsmant
07-01-2011, 07:03 PM
This is very interesting. I get lost in the romanticism of secession and state history. California was the only state admitted to the union who determined their own borders. California has been a driving force in American politics since the 1840's. Its 52 congressional districts and 5th largest world economy makes it a political powerhouse. Any attempt to divide California has my support. I have always wondered why we decided to stop adding states.....even if they come from withing an existing one.

Deborah K
07-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Never happen. Water is the problem.

Then I guess it's time for a desalination plant. I'd be willing to bet the counties that would consider secession, would consider raising money for a desalination plant. Submarines and ships have them, the middle east uses them, it's time.

ctb619
07-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Then I guess it's time for a desalination plant. I'd be willing to bet the counties that would consider secession, would consider raising money for a desalination plant. Submarines and ships have them, the middle east uses them, it's time.

The construction of a massive desalination plant is already underway in Carlsbad, California (North of San Diego).

heavenlyboy34
07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Pima County wants to secede from AZ.

AZ sucks now. It's not the state of Barry Goldwater anymore, but of BSC! John McCain and Big Govt Jan Brewer. Over on Vox Popoli, some were talking about Idaho as the new free state project. For myself, I want to move to Chile.
Yep. So many people from the rest of the country came here in the last decade or two that the old culture has been pretty much squelched out. :( It was only a few years ago that Charles Goyette was fired for being staunchly anti-war and anti-GOP style fascism.

Deborah K
07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
The construction of a massive desalination plant is already underway in Carlsbad, California (North of San Diego).

No shit!? I live right near there and I did not know that. Well there ya go!

josh b
07-01-2011, 07:41 PM
And then the Lincoln Memorial came to life and stomped his way over to California. He would quell this secessionist movement to preserve the Union once again. There were no survivors.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-01-2011, 08:09 PM
California is the biggest state. I don't see why not. It will split those damned electoral votes, too, at least.

Deborah K
07-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I could definitely go for a southern california and a northern california - just like the carolinas. It actually might save us.

HOLLYWOOD
07-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Where O' Where is our State of Jefferson?

newyearsrevolution08
07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
great posts so far

so should we start designing new north california and south california flags or has that already been started?

Golding
07-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Never happen. Water is the problem.Bingo. The calls for California to divide have been going on for decades, but agricultural issues have managed to make it difficult to popularize.

YumYum
07-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Bingo. The calls for California to divide have been going on for decades, but agricultural issues have managed to make it difficult to popularize.

Why doesn't Northern California sell its water to Southern California?

ronpaulfollower999
07-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Kind of reminds me how there were talks a few years ago about South Florida splitting from the rest of Florida. Likely boundary would've included I-4 and everything south. Not much ever happened of course, but the local state representatives were just upset that Tallahassee seemed to be ignoring South Florida.

Humanae Libertas
07-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Being from Cali, this is a great thing. One can only dream that the state is split. The state is too big to be government by lunatics from Sacramento.

youngbuck
07-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Where O' Where is our State of Jefferson?

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

speciallyblend
07-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I am in fresno,

now is the new south california going to be better or worse?

wonder which way I should go?

Personally I think california is a TERRIBLE place to live and want to leave this state NOW if I could.

I am thinking of
Montana, Washington, Arizona (have friends there on here, you know who you are) but still undecided and nevada is looking good lately to me as well. California is really stressin me out lately, for one the damn gov just took most of my money away when he entacted that shitty internet tax bill. Thank god or SOMEONE (myself) that I was smart enough to have affiliate campaigns in OTHER COUNTRIES else I would be making ZERO dollars right now.

California is DONE in my book but man is the herb great (odds are because it is home grown though LOL)

Colorado ,enuff said ask around;)

dannno
07-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Why doesn't Northern California sell its water to Southern California?

Because So Cal doesn't want to pay higher prices.

AceNZ
07-01-2011, 11:58 PM
I got fed up with CA ages ago, and finally moved away about 5 yrs ago. One of the best decisions I ever made. You don't really see how stifling it is until you have something better to compare it to.

I've always thought that splitting up CA would be a good idea -- but why stop at just two states?

Pauls' Revere
07-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Look into THE STATE OF JEFFERSON.

http://jeffersonstate.com/

Uriah
07-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Here is a list of previous proposals to divide California. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_partition_proposals#California

This is an interesting topic.

Karsten
07-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Wow! As a native Californian who grew up in LA county ("North California") and now lives in San Bernardino County ("South California"), I LOVE this proposal. The interesting thing is that this is clearly a political division, rather than a geographic one. We all think of LA as southern california, and yet it would be north california in this proposal, along with SF. This would EASILY make North California the most liberal state in the country, without OC and the inland counties with them to balance out their liberalness. South California, however, with the central valley, inland empire, and OC, would instantly become a deep-red, solidly conservative state. A lot of the anti-tax, anti-Sacramento activism occurs in these areas. If this proposal was put up to a popular vote in the proposed seceding counties, I could not see the measure failing. Unforunately, I doubt we'll get that far.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Wow! As a native Californian who grew up in LA county ("North California") and now lives in San Bernardino County ("South California"), I LOVE this proposal. The interesting thing is that this is clearly a political division, rather than a geographic one. We all think of LA as southern california, and yet it would be north california in this proposal, along with SF. This would EASILY make North California the most liberal state in the country, without OC and the inland counties with them to balance out their liberalness. South California, however, with the central valley, inland empire, and OC, would instantly become a deep-red, solidly conservative state. A lot of the anti-tax, anti-Sacramento activism occurs in these areas. If this proposal was put up to a popular vote in the proposed seceding counties, I could not see the measure failing. Unforunately, I doubt we'll get that far.

You must agitate for such a proposition. The more we divide political power, the greater the bulwark against usurpations of our liberties. I must also echo the sentiments of a prior poster -- why stop at the division of two?

sorianofan
07-02-2011, 06:47 AM

This will never happen sadly.

DamianTV
07-03-2011, 04:18 AM
Secede? I think there are several that ought to be just KICKED out of the state! Just, dont give it back to Mexico, we dont need to be in SIX wars, let alone one...

Deborah K
07-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Bingo. The calls for California to divide have been going on for decades, but agricultural issues have managed to make it difficult to popularize.

Not with desalination plants.

Brian4Liberty
07-03-2011, 12:17 PM
California needs many more divisions than just two. The Greater San Francisco area can become the State of "New Asia" (includes Berkeley and Silicon Valley). The flag is ready:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6d/Flag_of_the_Chinese_Communist_Party.svg/200px-Flag_of_the_Chinese_Communist_Party.svg.png

Badger Paul
07-03-2011, 03:48 PM
More power to them but these things never go anywhere. At one time Staten Island try to secede from New York City, NYC tried to split from New York State, western Nebraska wanted to join Wyoming, western Kansas wanted its own state, Nor-Cal wanted to be independent of California, the list goes on and on.

I agree we would benefit if many states were deconstructed to their natural politics but states have incentives to keep things together and unfortunately it takes an Act of Congress to create a new state. No one wants to set off the free-for-all that would create if one side got its way.

truthspeaker
08-12-2011, 09:46 AM
So it is true! I heard rumors that Pima County, Arizona was planning to separate. It's supposed to be on the ballot in 2012. Hmm...a buffer state, huh?