PDA

View Full Version : Uh, what happened to ronpaul2008.com?

stalcottsmith
10-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Homepage is kinda blank. Too much traffic after Leno? I hope the campaign staff is on it!!!

steph3n
10-30-2007, 10:59 PM
donate page still works.

FrankRep
Server overloaded I'm sure.

Pedro TT
This happens every time! The site must be getting bombed with new supporters.

Shiranu
God damit, I knew this would happen. The site simply cant handle the massive influxes... hopefully it dosn't turn interested people off =\

matthylland
10-30-2007, 11:00 PM
i hope it is due to traffic...bad the site is down, but great to see some (hopefully) new fans! After that great interview, im sure we will get our share

nullvalu
10-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Stay off the damn site, don't hit it - don't check to see if it's down - that's even more traffic - just stay off.

stalcottsmith
10-30-2007, 11:01 PM
They have to plan for this kind of thing.... people are going online to learn about him!!! Damn. You can't buy this.

FrankRep
10-30-2007, 11:01 PM
God damit, I knew this would happen. The site simply cant handle the massive influxes... hopefully it dosn't turn interested people off =\

People understand.

stalcottsmith
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Page the Web guy.

walt
it has nothing to do with Leno - It's democrats who watched the debate coverage defecting enmass!!!!

Shiranu
True.

walt
10-30-2007, 11:03 PM
People understand.

it's still a major lost opportunity and the campaign messed up with two days of advance notice in threads on this

nullvalu
10-30-2007, 11:03 PM
it has nothing to do with Leno - It's democrats who watched the debate coverage defecting enmass!!!!

LOL :D

James R
10-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Homepage is kinda blank. Too much traffic after Leno? I hope the campaign staff is on it!!!

Yes, so far after each major event the website has gone down because of too much traffic. So, please, if you have already donated, stay off the site to let other people's see the page and donate.

Bergie Bergeron
10-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Works fine for me !

ronpaulyourmom
10-30-2007, 11:05 PM
me too, must have been like a 2 minute thing.

mport1
10-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Works fine for me !

Well get off it, lol.

James R
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Works fine for me !

It always is going to work fine for *SOME* people. But again, you can get all the donation stats your heart could ever hope for at:

www.RonPaulGraphs.com

Instead of bogging down the server, wait until tomorrow to visit the site again. There are a lot of new people trying to get Ron Paul information from the home page.

JuniorNJ
So let me get this straight...because of regulations and anal-retentive politicians, our broadband speeds aren't even close to those around the world. with RP in office, he would allow the free markets to decide how to advance...which would stop things such as his website going down? and increase speed and better infrastructure of our networks. am i right?

Dustancostine
I am really worried about the fifth.

Benaiah
10-30-2007, 11:07 PM
There is no way the site is going to handle the November 5th transactions if it can't handle traffic after the Fox News debate and Jay Leno interview.

FrankRep
10-30-2007, 11:08 PM
There is no way the site is going to handle the November 5th transactions if it can't handle traffic after the Fox News debate and Jay Leno interview.

Jay Leno overloaded the server more than Nov 5 will.

angelatc
10-30-2007, 11:08 PM
People understand.

It's not that. I'd say that 90% of the time I click a link or type a URL to go visit a new site, only to find the site is down, I rarely makei t back there again. It's not intentional, it's just that I move on and forget that I wanted to go there.

walt
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
It's not that. I'd say that 90% of the time I click a link or type a URL to go visit a new site, only to find the site is down, I rarely makei t back there again. It's not intentional, it's just that I move on and forget that I wanted to go there.

agreed - I want the campaign to apologze for muffing this and tell us the plan to fix it.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I guarantee you, Nov5 will not raise more than $100K

steph3n
10-30-2007, 11:11 PM

I think that is wrong, but good to set the bar low :D

scottabing
10-30-2007, 11:12 PM
This needs to be addressed, it is no longer acceptable if we take our campaign seriously... There is a risk we might win here!

nullvalu
10-30-2007, 11:13 PM

Why do you say that?

itsnobody
10-30-2007, 11:17 PM
If they can't handle this then what about this November 5th!!!!!!!

itsnobody
10-30-2007, 11:18 PM

ROFL good one

I absolutely gurantee you (that provided the servers are up) November 5th will raise AT LEAST $1 million in one full day

OptionsTrader
10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
A gift for negative thinkers:

http://i6.tinypic.com/4ul18vd.jpg

Lord Xar
10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
I am starting to think that its not the traffic... this happens every time after every assurance the servers can handle the load... every time. I truly believe the site is brute forced after every event.

itsnobody
10-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Well the donation page still works and usually always works, so thisNovember5th.com should directly link to the donation page

OptionsTrader
10-30-2007, 11:21 PM
It may have something to do with the fact that youtube videos are imbedded in the front page and YT updates are down. Just saying there is a commonality in the timing.

LibertyEagle
10-30-2007, 11:24 PM
agreed - I want the campaign to apologze for muffing this and tell us the plan to fix it.

Oh please. Get over yourself. :p

Drknows
10-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Quick everyone think conspiracy! :D

davidhperry
10-30-2007, 11:29 PM
I am starting to think that its not the traffic... this happens every time after every assurance the servers can handle the load... every time. I truly believe the site is brute forced after every event.

What would make you say that? My company runs web servers that get hit hard when news events happen and this looks exactly the same.

If they can't handle this then what about this November 5th!!!!!!!

Web servers slow down when a lot of people visit the site in a relatively short time span - like in the few minutes after the Leno show. You have a lot of requests coming in and the servers can't manage them fast enough.

On the 5th, there will (hopefully) be a lot of people but they will be spread out over the whole day. Since they are dispersed, the site should have a lot better time handling the load. With that said, I would definitely recommend against people donating at a certain time on the 5th. That certainly could cause slowdowns like kind we see after a debate or TV appearance.

kylejack
10-30-2007, 11:31 PM
To whom it may concern: The new buzz phrase is "He's catching on, I'm telling ya. There's a risk he might win."

mesler
10-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Quick everyone think conspiracy! :D

My new conspiracy is that Alex Jones did it because if RP wins the presidency, it would mean the American people have removed their heads from their arses, and Jones would no longer have a job.. I'm just sayin'.:D

Lord Xar
10-30-2007, 11:38 PM
What would make you say that? My company runs web servers that get hit hard when news events happen and this looks exactly the same.

Web servers slow down when a lot of people visit the site in a relatively short time span - like in the few minutes after the Leno show. You have a lot of requests coming in and the servers can't manage them fast enough.

On the 5th, there will (hopefully) be a lot of people but they will be spread out over the whole day. Since they are dispersed, the site should have a lot better time handling the load. With that said, I would definitely recommend against people donating at a certain time on the 5th. That certainly could cause slowdowns like kind we see after a debate or TV appearance.

hmmm.. well, I am not a sys admin but i work with a huge company that gets hundreds of thousands of visits at once and this would never happen. Granted, there are load balancers and such -- but the ronpaul site is suppose to be able to handle the load and given the fact that I would guess perhaps maybe 3-5k hit the site at any one time.. and it craps EVERY time there is an event in which Ron Paul shines..

Look at this site.. much more labour intensive and yet... its fine.

yet the ron paul site is down.. ALWAYS and after "each" big hit.. rather telling and to me... seems very odd. Also, "their" sys admins would understand the load capability and be experienced on the past and know what a good plan of attack for the future... yet, every time.... flop. So, I have to think that barring extreme negligence on the part of the sys admins of the hosting company or something sinister.... one time, two times, but every time -- toooo coincidental. imho.